Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
5 months & M2 + Goggles RE are still NOT working correctly
1234Next >
10756 150 2018-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UNsyncED
First Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

*Call to action*

It’s been 3 months since the launch of the M2 serious and DJI has failed on making the M2 and Goggles RE work CORRECTLY together

It seems that this is the case of the squeaky wheel gets the oil. I’m glad that DJI rolled out a firmware update to get the precision landing working, which wasn’t promised in any marketing, however they still haven’t fixed this promised function.

There seems to be a problem with the Dual Band auto switching. Due to the lack of response to our polite correspondence, I feel that it’s now time to become the same squeaky wheel as the Precise Landing people had become.

So I ask forum users to help push DJI to fix the M2 and Goggles RE problem.  Who knows, it maybe other users who want to use this combination in the future.
2018-11-26
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

What problem are you having? I'm looking to purchase The MP2/zoom
haven't decided which one yet.
2018-11-26
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

Woe Posted at 11-26 19:01
haven't decided which one yet.

Here is an extensive thread discussing the issue.

Let’s hope that DJI fix this soon, it’s been 3 months since launch. .
2018-11-26
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

Woe Posted at 11-26 19:01
haven't decided which one yet.

Are you hoping to get the M2 Pro and Goggle RE pack? It is cheap, but annoying that they aren’t functioning correctly.
2018-11-27
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

UNsyncED Posted at 11-26 21:52
Here is an extensive thread discussing the issue.

Let’s hope that DJI fix this soon, it’s been 3 months since launch. .

Fingers crossed
2018-11-27
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

UNsyncED Posted at 11-27 03:09
Are you hoping to get the M2 Pro and Goggle RE pack? It is cheap, but annoying that they aren’t functioning correctly.

I already have the goggles Re's I'm using them with my MP.
2018-11-27
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

Woe Posted at 11-27 06:07
I already have the goggles Re's I'm using them with my MP.

The Goggles RE work really well with the MP, but unfortunately doesn’t work correctly with the M2. I hope that when they fix them, that the M2 has the same functionality as the MP.
2018-11-27
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

UNsyncED Posted at 11-27 11:34
The Goggles RE work really well with the MP, but unfortunately doesn’t work correctly with the M2. I hope that when they fix them, that the M2 has the same functionality as the MP.

This is my biggest fear. I fly with my goggles often and because
of all the bad reviews I'm hesitant to buy the Mp2 or the zoom.

2018-11-27
Use props
Pajda
lvl.1
Czechia

Hello, i have the same problem. RE and M2Pro bought in bundle but worked very poor together. We need serious DJI help!!
2018-11-27
Use props
Glen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 572454 ft
United Kingdom

I purchased the combo as well and very concerned it does not work as advertised.

We need a video showing the problems, then DJI might do something about it (especially if its on YouTube)

Hope your listening DJI Tony!!!!
2018-11-27
Use props
Rfern
First Officer
Flight distance : 482805 ft
United States

Add me to the list as well!!!! I’ve been very vocal , and so has UNsyncED, on all the other threads, including the one I started .(And there are a lot of threads) Nothing has been done about it and I have to discourage anyone contemplating purchasing the Goggles RE for the MP2 or Zoom to reconsider. Read through the threads first . INEXCUSABLE to PAY that much for something without any customer support. DO NOT BUY THE GOGGLES UNTIL THEY FIX IT!!!!
2018-11-27
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

Pajda Posted at 11-27 14:09
Hello, i have the same problem. RE and M2Pro bought in bundle but worked very poor together. We need serious DJI help!!

Hi Padua,

I’m so sorry to hear that you purchased the M2 and Goggle RE Bundle. It’s the people who purchased the bundle which I feel most for.

I hope for your sake, that DJI fixes this issue soon.
2018-11-27
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

Woe Posted at 11-27 12:25
This is my biggest fear. I fly with my goggles often and because
of all the bad reviews I'm hesitant to buy the Mp2 or the zoom.

Don’t buy the M2 series until they have fixed this issue, and can guarantee that it works correctly.
2018-11-27
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

UNsyncED Posted at 11-27 23:08
Don’t buy the M2 series until they have fixed this issue, and can guarantee that it works correctly.

The debate continues
2018-11-28
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

Glen Posted at 11-27 14:55
I purchased the combo as well and very concerned it does not work as advertised.

We need a video showing the problems, then DJI might do something about it (especially if its on YouTube)

That’s a great idea Glen, I think that I’ll create a video showing everyone the major limitations of this DJI ‘combo’.
2018-11-28
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

Rfern Posted at 11-27 17:11
Add me to the list as well!!!! I’ve been very vocal , and so has UNsyncED, on all the other threads, including the one I started .(And there are a lot of threads) Nothing has been done about it and I have to discourage anyone contemplating purchasing the Goggles RE for the MP2 or Zoom to reconsider. Read through the threads first . INEXCUSABLE to PAY that much for something without any customer support. DO NOT BUY THE GOGGLES UNTIL THEY FIX IT!!!!

Hey Rfern,  have you had any feedback from DJI, about the M2 and Goggles RE not working together properly?
2018-11-28
Use props
Glen
lvl.4
United Kingdom

No reply from DJI (That could be a song!!)

NICE TO SEE - OR NOT - OTHERS ARE NOT HAPPY ON "YOUTUBE"  ABOUT THE RANGE REDUCTION WITH THE GOGGLES RE & MAVIC 2 PRO/ZOOM AND NO ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FROM DJI

2018-11-28
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

Glen Posted at 11-28 15:58
No reply from DJI (That could be a song!!)

NICE TO SEE - OR NOT - OTHERS ARE NOT HAPPY ON "YOUTUBE"  ABOUT THE RANGE REDUCTION WITH THE GOGGLES RE & MAVIC 2 PRO/ZOOM AND NO ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FROM DJI

You’re right Glen.  DJI have know about this issue for 3 months now, but they are stalling on fixing the issue.  Still, no response.

It almost sounds like Herman’s Hermits, “No milk today ...”
2018-11-29
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

Woe Posted at 11-28 06:00
The debate continues

I wish that it wasn’t a debate, it just needs to be fixed.
2018-11-29
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

Add me to the list as well!!!! I’ve been very vocal , and so has UNsyncED, on all the other threads, including the one I started .(And there are a lot of threads) Nothing has been done about it and I have to discourage anyone contemplating purchasing the Goggles RE for the MP2 or Zoom to reconsider. Read through the threads first . INEXCUSABLE to PAY that much for something without any customer support. DO NOT BUY THE GOGGLES UNTIL THEY FIX IT!!!!

Do you think that it’s a hardware issue, and that’s why they haven’t/can’t fix it?
2018-11-29
Use props
Fraggboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

I have a sneaky suspicion it’s tied to OcuSync2. Poor radio reception with the remote, this....

EDIT:  I stand corrected.  OcuSync2 is s/w based which can be fixed via a firmware update (IF the hardware can handle it)!
2018-11-29
Use props
fansf8b5b7ea
New
Canada

Having exactly the same issues with my M2P and Goggles RE. Fix this issue DJI!
2018-11-29
Use props
Rfern
First Officer
Flight distance : 482805 ft
United States

UNsyncED Posted at 11-28 14:50
Hey Rfern,  have you had any feedback from DJI, about the M2 and Goggles RE not working together properly?

I have not. Nothing. I got absolutely nowhere at all. Phone calls included. It’s a shame. Ya think they’re stalling? Or more optimistically, working on it? I can’t get anything accomplished no matter who I talk to , email or just plain b____h to. And if you notice , when it first started , they  relatively were responding. Now , as more of the issue becomes known, and more people are posting there experiences/issues, we hear crickets.  Not sure if that means anything.  Maybe they finally realized that everyone’s firmware is updated, DJI app is current, it’s not our devices fault, and it doesn’t matter if the stupid antenna is being used or not? I mean, that would eliminate anything that’s our fault, right. They ran out of dumb questions
2018-11-29
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

Rfern Posted at 11-29 17:06
I have not. Nothing. I got absolutely nowhere at all. Phone calls included. It’s a shame. Ya think they’re stalling? Or more optimistically, working on it? I can’t get anything accomplished no matter who I talk to , email or just plain b____h to. And if you notice , when it first started , they  relatively were responding. Now , as more of the issue becomes known, and more people are posting there experiences/issues, we hear crickets.  Not sure if that means anything.  Maybe they finally realized that everyone’s firmware is updated, DJI app is current, it’s not our devices fault, and it doesn’t matter if the stupid antenna is being used or not? I mean, that would eliminate anything that’s our fault, right. They ran out of dumb questions

I’ve just found this video, with an extensive conversation about how the M2 and Goggles RE don’t work properly together.
2018-11-29
Use props
djiuser_2e4tq4Rtacoz
New
Germany

Here is a post from the MavicPilots Forum, the first Info on the subject of M2/Goggles that makes sense to me:

Roamer105 said
Not sure that this is the real reason. Based on my tests and observed behavior it seems more like a fundamental control protocol issue. For example, if there are no goggles and all is set to Automatic the GO 4 app is in charge to manage channel and frequency changes communicating to the M2 via RC to switch. The M2 behaves in a subordinate mode. When you add the Goggles, there is a separate connection between the M2 and the goggles. The firmware in the goggles essentially behaves much like the GO 4 app in the it wants to communicate to the M2 to switch channel/frequency if needed. The two simply collide and neither will end up knowing what the frequency should be - hence complete and abrupt loss of connection. DJI has to change/add handshake options to force the goggles to take a subordinate role when an RC is connected as well.

2018-11-30
Use props
djiuser_2e4tq4Rtacoz
New
Germany

Part 2:

So if I force the frequency/channel to a fixed setting after initial RC connection to the M2 BEFORE turning on the goggles and the start the goggles, the goggles appear to be “told” during the M2 handshake that the coms are fixed (M2 can’t change) and everything works great. I flew well over 2 miles from home point without any problems.

So, once the “B engineering team” (goggle team[emoji1]) figures that out and coordinates this substantial (but not very difficult to solve) change to the ongoing handshake protocol some future firmware change affecting all components will make this all work great. Meanwhile follow my approach - I hope it will work for you too.
2018-11-30
Use props
Glen
lvl.4
United Kingdom

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!
Seems it was a connection/User error
2018-11-30
Use props
Jose C. Borrero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1170768 ft
Puerto Rico

djiuser_2e4tq4Rtacoz Posted at 11-30 01:14
Part 2:

So if I force the frequency/channel to a fixed setting after initial RC connection to the M2 BEFORE turning on the goggles and the start the goggles, the goggles appear to be “told” during the M2 handshake that the coms are fixed (M2 can’t change) and everything works great. I flew well over 2 miles from home point without any problems.

Can you please explain step by step to those new on this like me?   thanks
2018-11-30
Use props
Glen
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Jose C. Borrero Posted at 11-30 07:55
Can you please explain step by step to those new on this like me?   thanks

Someone may come in and elaborate. But the way I see it is to:
1. Power Mavic 2
2. Power RC and wait for them to connect or establish a connection.ONLY THEN
3. Power Goggles RE

I think whats been happening is that the transmission is getting confused with the RC & Goggles, Something to do with switching.

Hope this helps I maybe corrected
2018-11-30
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

djiuser_2e4tq4Rtacoz Posted at 11-30 01:14
Part 2:

So if I force the frequency/channel to a fixed setting after initial RC connection to the M2 BEFORE turning on the goggles and the start the goggles, the goggles appear to be “told” during the M2 handshake that the coms are fixed (M2 can’t change) and everything works great. I flew well over 2 miles from home point without any problems.

Yes, you can fix the frequency, but this is only a workaround and only gives a slightly better improvement.

People are experiencing this issue when the DJI Go 4 app isn’t connected or used, so I don’t believe that this is causing the issue.

Either way, it’s only a workaround (with reduced functionality) which doesn’t give the user Dual band transmission, as promised.
2018-11-30
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

Glen Posted at 11-30 05:14
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!
Seems it was a connection/User error

LOL, of course it’s a user problem. Everything from DJI is a user problem.

What the other person said in this forum is only a limited workaround and doesn’t give the drone user the promised dual band transmission.
2018-11-30
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

Glen Posted at 11-30 09:19
Someone may come in and elaborate. But the way I see it is to:
1. Power Mavic 2
2. Power RC and wait for them to connect or establish a connection.ONLY THEN

What they are suggesting is to turn off Dual band transmission and have it fixed to one frequency. Yes this is a work around, but it still doesn’t give much improvement on the very poor performance and it also doesn’t give the high quality image of Occusync 2.
2018-11-30
Use props
Mavical
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2206696 ft
United States

Since it might be a while (or never) in regards to DJI putting out a fix on the widespread M2P to Goggles RE range issue, I am looking for suggestions or a hack to connect / hard wire the RC to the M2P

I already tried connecting from the USB port on the bottom of the RC to the micro HDMI port on the Goggles RE with no success.

I am wide open to trying any ideas that anyone has here on how to hard wire the two together…

Thanks
2018-11-30
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

Mavical Posted at 11-30 14:34
Since it might be a while (or never) in regards to DJI putting out a fix on the widespread M2P to Goggles RE range issue, I am looking for suggestions or a hack to connect / hard wire the RC to the M2P

I already tried connecting from the USB port on the bottom of the RC to the micro HDMI port on the Goggles RE with no success.

This has been tried in the passed without any success. I haven’t tried it with the current firmware, but this may work. Looking at the firmware release notes, there is no indication that it was fixed. Please have a try and let us know how you go.
2018-11-30
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

fansf8b5b7ea Posted at 11-29 16:02
Having exactly the same issues with my M2P and Goggles RE. Fix this issue DJI!

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having the same issue. What have you tried to make it work?
2018-12-1
Use props
Jose C. Borrero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1170768 ft
United States

Is smooth mode working 720 x60p?
2018-12-1
Use props
Glen
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The weather here has closed in, no chance of flying at the moment. When it breaks I will go and try flying with just RC & Goggles, no Go 4 app. Perhaps taking out the app we will get the expected ranges again.

My friend emailed Heliguy a very good dealer here in the UK, they deal with Broadcast Production Companies, the Police departments & Fire & Rescue teams. They said the range should be between 5000m to 7000m
2018-12-1
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

Jose C. Borrero Posted at 12-1 06:05
Is smooth mode working 720 x60p?

720p is working, as long as you fix the frequency to 2.4 Ghz, but your range of flight is still limited.
2018-12-1
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

Add me to the list as well!!!! I’ve been very vocal , and so has UNsyncED, on all the other threads, including the one I started .(And there are a lot of threads) Nothing has been done about it and I have to discourage anyone contemplating purchasing the Goggles RE for the MP2 or Zoom to reconsider. Read through the threads first . INEXCUSABLE to PAY that much for something without any customer support. DO NOT BUY THE GOGGLES UNTIL THEY FIX IT!!!!

Have you had any updates from DJI? I haven’t.
2018-12-2
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

Glen Posted at 12-1 08:44
The weather here has closed in, no chance of flying at the moment. When it breaks I will go and try flying with just RC & Goggles, no Go 4 app. Perhaps taking out the app we will get the expected ranges again.

My friend emailed Heliguy a very good dealer here in the UK, they deal with Broadcast Production Companies, the Police departments & Fire & Rescue teams. They said the range should be between 5000m to 7000m

That’s right Glen, the range should be 5000 to 7000 meters. Even with the transmission fixed to 2.4 GHz, you’re lucky to get 1000 meters.
2018-12-2
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules