Autumn in Indiana
1680 20 2018-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrandonW77
lvl.3
United States

Little video I made of the changing leaves of autumn around my home town. Enjoy!

2018-11-27
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Are you snowed in?
2018-11-27
Use props
BrandonW77
lvl.3
United States

Nope, we've only had a light dusting so far, nothing substantial.  I'll be making another video once we get some pretty snow though.
2018-11-27
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well done. Thanks for sharing
2018-11-27
Use props
Junior SBC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

Beautiful landscapes. My sister-in-law lives in Indianapolis (today she's in San Francisco for business, she's an accountant), probably next year we're going to visit her at the time.

Thanks for sharing.

Hugs
2018-11-27
Use props
BrandonW77
lvl.3
United States

Junior SBC Posted at 11-27 07:44
Beautiful landscapes. My sister-in-law lives in Indianapolis (today she's in San Francisco for business, she's an accountant), probably next year we're going to visit her at the time.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm about 20 minutes north of Indy in Noblesville.  Wish I could fly the Spark around the circle and get some footage of those awesome xmas lights, but I don't think that would go over too well.
2018-11-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Nice video. Thank you for sharing.
2018-11-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks very nice
2018-11-27
Use props
BrandonW77
lvl.3
United States

Thanks for the nice comments all.  It was fun to put together.  
2018-11-27
Use props
Junior SBC
Second Officer
Brazil

BrandonW77 Posted at 11-27 08:19
I'm about 20 minutes north of Indy in Noblesville.  Wish I could fly the Spark around the circle and get some footage of those awesome xmas lights, but I don't think that would go over too well.

I understand, it would be the local legislation, correct? Here in Brazil, for recreational flights we can use the "shadow principle" where we can fly up to 30 meters from a horizontal and 5 meters from its vertical building, monument or natural obstacle (DECEA - AIC 17/18). For example, the "monument to soldiers and sailors" in the center of the "Circle", it would be possible to get good images.
But in your area there are wonderful places and you can be right, a lot of people will like it, just like me.

Hugs!
2018-11-27
Use props
ArnoSpark
Second Officer
Kenya

Beautiful work thanks for sharing
2018-11-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good work!
2018-11-28
Use props
BrandonW77
lvl.3
United States

Junior SBC Posted at 11-27 18:01
I understand, it would be the local legislation, correct? Here in Brazil, for recreational flights we can use the "shadow principle" where we can fly up to 30 meters from a horizontal and 5 meters from its vertical building, monument or natural obstacle (DECEA - AIC 17/18). For example, the "monument to soldiers and sailors" in the center of the "Circle", it would be possible to get good images.
But in your area there are wonderful places and you can be right, a lot of people will like it, just like me.

Well, there's several helipads within a mile of the Circle, and the international airport is only a couple miles away and passenger jets are approaching at low altitudes right over downtown all the time, so it's probably just not wise to invite trouble.  Plus, I'm sure pedestrians would probably freak out a bit if they saw a drone buzzing around.  I've snuck a few photos from downtown at low altitudes (well below the tall buildings) but I feel shady doing it, so better safe than sorry.
2018-11-28
Use props
BrandonW77
lvl.3
United States

ArnoSpark Posted at 11-27 23:44
Beautiful work thanks for sharing

Thank you, my pleasure to share.  
2018-11-28
Use props
BrandonW77
lvl.3
United States

Thanks friend!
2018-11-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome buddy
2018-11-28
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
United States

nice video!
2018-11-28
Use props
Junior SBC
Second Officer
Brazil

BrandonW77 Posted at 11-28 06:11
Well, there's several helipads within a mile of the Circle, and the international airport is only a couple miles away and passenger jets are approaching at low altitudes right over downtown all the time, so it's probably just not wise to invite trouble.  Plus, I'm sure pedestrians would probably freak out a bit if they saw a drone buzzing around.  I've snuck a few photos from downtown at low altitudes (well below the tall buildings) but I feel shady doing it, so better safe than sorry.

I respect and support your decision and any other where common sense prevails. Congratulations! And thanks for the feedback, I did not know about the air traffic in the area.
Hugs

2018-11-29
Use props
BrandonW77
lvl.3
United States

Junior SBC Posted at 11-29 05:38
I respect and support your decision and any other where common sense prevails. Congratulations! And thanks for the feedback, I did not know about the air traffic in the area.
Hugs

And I think it's cool that someone from Brazil knows about our little circle monument.    It looks quite nice during the holidays.

2018-11-30
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great video, thanks for sharing.
2018-11-30
Use props
Junior SBC
Second Officer
Brazil

BrandonW77 Posted at 11-30 06:05
And I think it's cool that someone from Brazil knows about our little circle monument.    It looks quite nice during the holidays.

[view_image]

Much more than you think, for example, Ernst & Young employees and other global corporations. Beautiful image!

Hugs,
2018-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules