1033 7 2018-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andy10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4585692 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

It would be nice to know how long do you use your drone batteries or when you should consider to by new one.
I have now two P4P bat. 1 year old with no issues and also two P3A bat. 3 years old also with no issues. The flight times down to 30% is maybe a bit shorter, not significant.
I fly once a week in average.
Would they last another 3 years?  
2018-11-27
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I use my batteries as long as there's no swelling and the cells are balanced.  However, I ensure to have at least one fairly new battery with maximum mAh.  And yes, I also have batteries that are around three years old.  The flight time isn't as long as it used to be on those, of course.  
2018-11-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I bought mine when the Phantom 3 Pro was first released.

Still going strong...

RedHotPoker
2018-11-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing your story. We're glad to know that your batteries are still working fine. As long as you've taken a good care of your batteries then there will be no problem of using it. We would like to share the information about the warranty of our batteries up to 6 months and the charge cycle less than 200 times. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you need our assistance. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-27
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Russia

The question really should be - how hard are you on your batterys - not age.

A prolific flyer could kill a battery in a short time ... but a casual hobbyist could go years.

I have LiPo's that only last just under a year because of the work they do ... but others like my DJI last and last .... my DJI are from 1.5 - 3yrs ... and all performing exactly same ... I fly my P3P average 3x a week ... with 1 of those sessions may be 2 batterys. Average flight time 15 - 18mins.

Nigel
2018-11-27
Use props
Cradoka
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2530794 ft
Australia

My 3 are 14 months old.
I gave them numbers, and they have around 80 recharges each.
They're so bloody expensive, I hope they outlast the drone!
2018-11-28
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

Mine are two years old and still going strong.
2018-11-29
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have 4 batteries each for 7 drones ranging from 2 years to 2 months old. So far I've only had to replace one P4P battery, it was about a year old and developed a bulge.
2018-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules