Remote disconnects from drone when USB plugged into the phone
1614 11 2018-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
C.Reslow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1611575 ft
Sweden

Good evening! Im having problems with my Phantom 4 wich i havent been flying with for a couple of months now.
When I first started it up it requested(demanded) updates so I did this. I updated the drone to the latest version, I also reinstalled the DJI GO app to get the latest version. When I check the remote out in the cam view it says it already has the latest update so I cant do any uptades there.

Now to the problem:
When I start the drone and the remote they instantly connect(green light) but as soon as I plug the usb
cable into the phone the light on the remote turns red but the DJI GO app still starts
(But it doesent do any updatecheck on the drone, just starts the app itself.)

If i woult restart the remote again with the DJI GO app allready started and the USB cable already plugged in the light on the remote turns green
and it does the updatecheck and sometimes it works(The button to log into the cameraview says GO FLY) but mostly it says ENTER DEVICE and
if you log into the cameraview now you get a black screen(no view from the camera and it says AIRCRAFT DISCONNECTED up to the left).

Before this uptate i usually started the aircraft and the remote and then plugged the USB into the phone, then the DJI GO app would automatically start and do the updatecheck.
Have this changed with the latest upgrade?
Do I have to have the cable attached to the phone and have the DJI GO app started before I turn on the drone and remote?

Is it normal to have to restart the remote and let it reconnect with the DJI GO app several
times to make it work(is the DJI GO app that unstable)
Am I doing anything in the wrong order, in that case,
in what order should I start all the components up in?

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy 6.

Best regards
Christian

2018-11-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to re-link your remote controller to the aircraft? Please make sure you are using a compatible device for reliability purposes. For reference, please watch the video tutorial below. Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you.

2018-11-27
Use props
C.Reslow
lvl.3
Sweden

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-27 11:08
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to re-link your remote controller to the aircraft? Also, can you please confirm what mobile device are you using? For reference, please watch the video tutorial below. Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPdlE_zKWYk

But how can it work sometimes if the drone and remote isnt linked?
Should it not be that they woult never work if they arent connected?
Best regards
Christian
2018-11-27
Use props
C.Reslow
lvl.3
Sweden

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to re-link your remote controller to the aircraft? Also, can you please confirm what mobile device are you using? For reference, please watch the video tutorial below. Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you.

Hello Natalia, thank you for your response earlier. I think my problem is with the Samsung Galaxy s6 phone im using since the last update. Ive tried with an Samsung Galaxy S8 too but it seems like the DJI GO 4 app dont like samsungphones.

Now I have a couple of questions about compatibility. Have been thinking about the DJI Crystal sky tab but needs to clear a couple of questions out before  I buy it.

1: Can you mount the crystal sky 5.5 inches directly on to the P4 remote without a special mount bracket?
*If not, does the P4 remote with the "DJI crystal sky" mountbracket on it still fit into the original P4 styrofoam box it comes in?

2: Can you use the DJI Crystal sky 5.5 inches screen together with the DJI goggles and P4 and get an image on both the screen and in the goggles at the sam time?

Thanks for your answers!

Best regards/Christian
2018-12-2
Use props
C.Reslow
lvl.3
Sweden

Thanks for your response.

After nearly 1 month of continuously breakdowns of the software in the aircraft while trying to update the P4 to the latest version im now giving up and sending the drone in for service.  
I have done alot of research on the web of the problem i encounter and I have to say that the outstanding result  of it is sadly a depressingly low interest in the problem from DJI.  
I hope that the company Im sending the drone to have the ability to fix it, otherwise it will become the most expensive dust collecting asset I have on the shelf.
Best regards
//Christian

2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

C.Reslow Posted at 12-2 10:30
Hello Natalia, thank you for your response earlier. I think my problem is with the Samsung Galaxy s6 phone im using since the last update. Ive tried with an Samsung Galaxy S8 too but it seems like the DJI GO 4 app dont like samsungphones.

Now I have a couple of questions about compatibility. Have been thinking about the DJI Crystal sky tab but needs to clear a couple of questions out before  I buy it.

Hi, sorry for the late response. Upon checking, I see that the Samsung Galaxy S8 is not listed as a compatible device with the Phantom 4. Actually, there is a possibility that it will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with our application we cannot be guaranteed the stability of the application if this will work all the time while using the specific mobile device. Also, please make sure that Samsung S6 has the latest firmware version. About CrystalSky, Unfortunately, using DJI Goggles and mounted CrystalSky is not possible with Phantom 4. It is also required to use this CrystalSky Remote Controller Mounting Bracket when attaching a CrystalSky monitor to a Phantom 4 Series. Thank you.
2018-12-21
Use props
C.Reslow
lvl.3
Sweden

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-21 12:45
Hi, sorry for the late response. Upon checking, I see that the Samsung Galaxy S8 is not listed as a compatible device with the Phantom 4. Actually, there is a possibility that it will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with our application we cannot be guaranteed the stability of the application if this will work all the time while using the specific mobile device. Also, please make sure that Samsung S6 has the latest firmware version. About CrystalSky, Unfortunately, using DJI Goggles and mounted CrystalSky is not possible with Phantom 4. It is also required to use this CrystalSky Remote Controller Mounting Bracket when attaching a CrystalSky monitor to a Phantom 4 Series. Thank you.

Ive tried a couple of phones now, without any luck.
Will be getting a newer Iphone soon and test it on this one too.
I have to say that DJI :s softwares unstableness is absolutely
wiping the floor with other unstable software.
Feels like winning the lottery if this phone will work.
Now if this do not work, ill try a tablet instead, wich do you recommend?

However this does not explain the constant breakdowns in upgrading the aircraft via DJI Assistant(Latest version from here: https://www.dji.com/phantom-4/info#downloads ) and upgrading by following this DJI tutorialvideo video:  

Best regards
/Christian
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

C.Reslow Posted at 12-21 14:03
Ive tried a couple of phones now, without any luck.
Will be getting a newer Iphone soon and test it on this one too.
I have to say that DJI :s softwares unstableness is absolutely

Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall DJI Assistant 2? Please make sure that Anti-Virus and Firewall are disabled to your computer. If the issue persists, please try to use a different computer. If still no luck, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in. You may contact our support for a further help http://www.dji.com/support. Thank you.
2018-12-21
Use props
C.Reslow
lvl.3
Sweden

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-21 14:26
Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall DJI Assistant 2? Please make sure that Anti-Virus and Firewall are disabled to your computer. If the issue persists, please try to use a different computer. If still no luck, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in. You may contact our support for a further help http://www.dji.com/support. Thank you.

Drone already on its way to service.
And I do not want to be rude but you can absolutely trust me when I say im not going to buy or try another computer to make this work as the one I use is of proper quality. I will however give you a report of what has happend with the drone if the workshop succeeds in bringing it back to work.

Just out of curiosity I have to ask you,
when I install DJI Assistant and DJI GO i check in all kinds of boxes granting you all info of my actions with my units such as
"User account information", "DJI device serial number"
and Ive even chosen to participate in DJIs "User experience improvement program".
This means that Ive basically given you 100% insight in every action i take with my drone.
What is this information for if not for solving problems like this?

DJI Natalia, please do not get me wrong. I have the highest respect for you as you have provided answers in a very polite and serviceminded way. Its just that you have a verry disappointed customer infront of you right now thats trying its best to keep this in a civilized manner. I dont think we will get any further from here as just like I said, the drone is not in my hand but on its way to service.
I wish you the best for the evening(atleast here in Sweden its nighttime).  
My best wishes
/Christian
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

C.Reslow Posted at 12-21 15:04
Drone already on its way to service.
And I do not want to be rude but you can absolutely trust me when I say im not going to buy or try another computer to make this work as the one I use is of proper quality. I will however give you a report of what has happend with the drone if the workshop succeeds in bringing it back to work.

It's Just a promotion program, Christian. It is also okay if you don't want to join. Again, we are sincerely sorry for the trouble you’ve been experiencing with the Phantom 4. Please keep us posted for further help. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-12-21
Use props
C.Reslow
lvl.3
Sweden

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-12-21 15:32
It's Just a promotion program, Christian. It is also okay if you don't want to join. Again, we are sincerely sorry for the trouble you’ve been experiencing with the Phantom 4. Please keep us posted for further help. Thanks for your understanding.

Hello Natalia! My drone returned from service a couple of days ago. I cannot say much about what have been fixed or sorted as the whole unit was replaced by a brand new.
A bit confused by this(I had a verry low servicecost) since the drone is more then one year I called the
service technician and asked about the issues I had with the unit I send in. I was informed that they had discovered signs of wearing that should not appear on the drone within this timespan so they decided
to replace it as a warrantycase anyway.
Now, after a couple testruns I can only say what a difference. I was happy with my old unit
before the software issues  but this new one outmatches it in every way, the biggest difference is
the signalstrength of the videofeed with the new unit. Now its absolutely clear that I had something going on with the old unit wich was not supposed to be.

Anyway, the replace was done by the company "Pitchup" in sweden via DJI:s servicecenter in holland(I only say Holland as I dont know if theres more then one).  The contact with Pitchup have been great and the service from DJI outstanding. Im verry happy with the result and my confidence in DJI:s products is on top.

***Thank you Pitchup and thank you DJI! ***
2019-1-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

C.Reslow Posted at 1-27 12:14
Hello Natalia! My drone returned from service a couple of days ago. I cannot say much about what have been fixed or sorted as the whole unit was replaced by a brand new.
A bit confused by this(I had a verry low servicecost) since the drone is more then one year I called the
service technician and asked about the issues I had with the unit I send in. I was informed that they had discovered signs of wearing that should not appear on the drone within this timespan so they decided

Wow, that's great to know. Thank you for your positive feedback with our service. If you need further help, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2019-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules