Camera drift
987 10 2018-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kestrel Image
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1455997 ft
United States

I have been having the issue for a while where my camera will drift slowly to the left (I think) when it is sitting on the ground or hovering. It may also be while I’m filming but I can’t tell. Does anybody else have this issue or does anybody know a solution or this issue? I am flying the X5S.
2018-11-27
Use props
gersphoto.orange
lvl.4
France

Do have the same problem
2018-11-27
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Recent .0300 FW should eradicate this common issue. Perform necessary updates to all batteries and cameras as well, IMU and gimbal calibrations after. Update RC firmware and Go4 app. Good luck!
2018-11-27
Use props
Kestrel Image
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the advice. Does anyone have much experience with the .0300 FW? Are the improvements worth upgrading the firmware?
2018-11-28
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Kestrel Image Posted at 11-28 15:13
Thanks for the advice. Does anyone have much experience with the .0300 FW? Are the improvements worth upgrading the firmware?

By far most of us seems to be satisfied with fixes for notorious issues. However, not every Inspire out there was suffering from bugs of .0100 or .0200 firmware versions. Either way .0300 appears to be indeed a harmless improvement.
2018-11-29
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kestrel Image Posted at 11-28 15:13

Based on several flights and testing, this new .300 FW has been solid and improved over the previous versions. The only thing I have noticed is my overall top speed has been reduced. Matthew D also tested his speed and did not see the same speed issue that I was experiencing. So, this could just be a problem with my Inspire 2.  It used to go about 62mph in Atti mode.  

I recommend the new FW update.

Rich
2018-11-29
Use props
Kestrel Image
lvl.2
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 11-29 12:11
Based on several flights and testing, this new .300 FW has been solid and improved over the previous versions. The only thing I have noticed is my overall top speed has been reduced. Matthew D also tested his speed and did not see the same speed issue that I was experiencing. So, this could just be a problem with my Inspire 2.  It used to go about 62mph in Atti mode.  

Great to hear. I have been using .0100 still.
2018-11-29
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 11-29 12:11
Based on several flights and testing, this new .300 FW has been solid and improved over the previous versions. The only thing I have noticed is my overall top speed has been reduced. Matthew D also tested his speed and did not see the same speed issue that I was experiencing. So, this could just be a problem with my Inspire 2.  It used to go about 62mph in Atti mode.  

To add my thoughts to Rich's conclusions, some pilots are reporting slight decrease in acceleration as well. Nothing dramatic, but may affect operators filming car chases or dragsters. These minor - if any - tweaks may be related to a power management issues plaguing TB50/55 batteries.
2018-11-29
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-29 15:15
To add my thoughts to Rich's conclusions, some pilots are reporting slight decrease in acceleration as well. Nothing dramatic, but may affect operators filming car chases or dragsters. These minor (IMHO) tweaks are definitely related to a power management issues plaguing TB50/55 batteries.

Matthew,
Mindy did follow up with the engineers and no changes were made to the speed. I will do more testing when the weather improves.  You are right that the batteries could be part of this too.
Rich
Mindy is quoted below:

"Rich, I have verified with our engineers that we didn't change anything of the maximum speed, it is related to the wind, the temperature, altitude, the gimbal it attached, personal operation and so on. It is recommended to do more tests in different environment to see if it persists"
2018-11-30
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Kestrel Image Posted at 11-29 12:14
Great to hear. I have been using .0100 still.

You will not be disappointed with this new FW.  ".200" was problematic for sure.

All the best to your updating process!
Rich
2018-11-30
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 11-30 08:12
Matthew,
Mindy did follow up with the engineers and no changes were made to the speed. I will do more testing when the weather improves.  You are right that the batteries could be part of this too.
Rich

Rich, personally I can't confirm or deny the fact of decreased maximum speed or acceleration of Inspire 2 after .0300 FW upgrade. To me this bird is swooshing above like a meteor with the same baritone sound of props as before. Even a slightest breeze will result in 2-3 km/h difference in measurements ...
2018-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules