Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin-S starts to frustratingly vibrate, shake and move problem
40319 12 2018-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yovchev
lvl.1
Bulgaria

Hello dear DJI team , and people from around the world,

I`m writing here because i`ve been trying to find a solution for my problem already 6-7hours straight! So i bought my Ronin-S today and I followed the instructions perfectly!
Ronin-S is perfectly balanced according to the DJI`s video tutorial, firmware updated, auto-balanced multiple times, balance checked multiple times(all 3 show excellent) , pan power always in range of +5/-5 when is lifted  at 45 degrees and battery is fully charged. The Ronin-S starts to operate but at some point (in some non percised movements) starts to vibrate, shake  and make really frustrating noises ( i get scared and immediately turn it off). This happens 100% of the times i try to do the roll effect  in flash-mode.  My camera is sony fdr ax53.
I really like this product and hope this is fixable. Otherwise i will have to return it and take back my money.

2018-11-27
Use props
Yovchev
lvl.1
Bulgaria

So as I continued to search a fix to my problem .. I DID .. Guys I guess my camera is lighter than most of the DSLR's so I red that I could lower the stiffness of the 3 AXISes and it totally worked! When I did the auto balance the ronin-s putted all 3 of them around 30-ish so i lowered all of them to 12 and now I have no problem. I hope I`m in use of someone! Good luck guys!
2018-11-28
Use props
sumoadam
lvl.2
United States

After reading this I tried a Sony RX100 IV which only weights 10oz, really lightweight and the Ronin S was shaking like crazy when powered on.  I did the Balance test and system calibration, but no luck with shakes until I did a Restore Gimbal setup and everything went back to normal.  I don't know why but maybe some previous settings conflicting with the recent firmware v1.6 update.
2018-11-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Yovchev Posted at 11-28 13:25
So as I continued to search a fix to my problem .. I DID .. Guys I guess my camera is lighter than most of the DSLR's so I red that I could lower the stiffness of the 3 AXISes and it totally worked! When I did the auto balance the ronin-s putted all 3 of them around 30-ish so i lowered all of them to 12 and now I have no problem. I hope I`m in use of someone! Good luck guys!

Hi Yovchev, sorry for my late response but glad to know you have figured out the issue, thanks for sharing and hope it helps other customers who have the same problem.
2018-11-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

sumoadam Posted at 11-28 18:18
After reading this I tried a Sony RX100 IV which only weights 10oz, really lightweight and the Ronin S was shaking like crazy when powered on.  I did the Balance test and system calibration, but no luck with shakes until I did a Restore Gimbal setup and everything went back to normal.  I don't know why but maybe some previous settings conflicting with the recent firmware v1.6 update.

Hi sumoadam, it's good to know you have figured out the issue, thanks for sharing, hope you have a great time with Ronin-S.
2018-11-30
Use props
fans4199fa08
New
United States

Yovchev Posted at 2018-11-28 13:25

This was exactly what I needed to see. I have a Canon SL2 which is quite a light camera and it started shaking after I put in underslung mode. Then every time I turned it on it would violently shake prompting me to turn it off before any damage was done. After seeing this I grabbed an old Canon 5D mk iii and balanced it, no shaking when the gimbal was powered on. So i set the stiffness of the axis to 12 and turned it off, put the Sl2 back on and balanced it and no problems! Thank you so much for this, saved me from going through DJI's terrible customer service!
2019-2-1
Use props
fans1aaae97d
lvl.1
Sweden

Yovchev Posted at 2018-11-28 13:25

Hey!
I have a question about the Sony ax53.
Can you connect a cable between the Dji Ronin s and your Sony AX53?
2019-7-11
Use props
Stefaan
New
Belgium

Had this problem with my Ronin S and Sony A7. After tapping "Auto Tune" in the "Motor parameter" settings my divice went likt crazy. Turned it off to prevent damage to my camera and gimbal.  Solved it by connecting tot my computer en refresh the last firmware update in the DJI Pro Assistant. Parameters were set to default and the shaking only occured  at some  specific movements.  Then I usede the "Restore Gimbal Parameters" in the "Setting"tab. This solved my problem. Weird that an "Audo Tune" setting  is causing this kind of  problems.
2019-8-14
Use props
yadha.studio
lvl.1
Iran

Hello
I just bought Ronin S
I first updated Ronin with the latest software
I have a Canon 80D -  24mml 2.8 lens.
The device vibrates after it is turned on.
I know this is because of the light weight of the camera
What should I do to fix this problem?
2019-10-17
Use props
Valdas Tomkus
New

Lithuania

yadha.studio Posted at 10-17 14:49
Hello
I just bought Ronin S
I first updated Ronin with the latest software

Try adding weight. Buy cage
2019-12-11
Use props
djiuser_61Ns4217ImKe
lvl.2

United States

How do you balance for something like a Canon SL2?
2020-8-3
Use props
djiuser_oT7LrnJG3cZf
New

India

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-11-30 03:58
Hi Yovchev, sorry for my late response but glad to know you have figured out the issue, thanks for sharing and hope it helps other customers who have the same problem.

I have this problem...when I turn on the camera...my camera was vibrating,shaking  and display show me calibration connection is poor...what can I do...my gimbal was new..I use 1st time ...and I facing this problem...
2020-12-6
Use props
djiuser_oT7LrnJG3cZf
New

India

I have this same problem.. calibration connection is poor....my problem is that
2020-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules