Damon1964
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Can anyone recomend a  p4p repaircentre in the uk preferably in the south west

2018-11-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Damon1964. Thank you for the inquiry. I will be posting a link where you can find the list of recommended service centers in the United Kingdom https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers. I hope these can help. Thank you.

2018-11-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Oh no, what did you do, to your baby?

Hope it’s covered...

RedHotPoker
2018-11-27
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-27 13:53
Hello and good day Damon1964. Thank you for the inquiry. I will be posting a link where you can find the list of recommended service centers in the United Kingdom https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers. I hope these can help. Thank you.

[view_image]

If not and whilst not local (postage/courier required )

https://www.marionvillemodels.com

Ask for Ricc, goes above and beyond, no pun intended.
Also if it is literally a month and the chances are this issue probably happened whilst it was still within warranty I would have a nice word with our DJI friends here(Admin)
2018-11-27
Use props
Damon1964
lvl.2
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 11-27 14:11
Oh no, what did you do, to your baby?

Hope it’s covered...

i have never managed to get the live feed to work and have tried everthing that has been suggested without success .It flies fine shoots pics and video fine but i cant tell what i am shooting until i land and get card out .I did have a slight brush with a tree on my second flight but it did no visible damage it was a very gentle slow speed crash
i found out the warranty ran out last month
2018-11-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Damon1964 Posted at 11-27 14:18
i have never managed to get the live feed to work and have tried everthing that has been suggested without success .It flies fine shoots pics and video fine but i cant tell what i am shooting until i land and get card out .I did have a slight brush with a tree on my second flight but it did no visible damage it was a very gentle slow speed crash
i found out the warranty ran out last month

I don’t understand why you never returned it, for one that works properly.

Flying without the screen showing you what the camera is actually seeing, is not very enjoyable.

I hope this repair, does the right thing, by you...

How do you compose a pic, or know where the camera is aimed...?

RedHotPoker
2018-11-27
Use props
Damon1964
lvl.2
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 11-27 14:25
I don’t understand why you never returned it, for one that works properly.

Flying without the screen showing you what the camera is actually seeing, is not very enjoyable.

i bought it in an auction 2nd hand risk does not always reward
2018-11-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Damon1964 Posted at 11-27 14:28
i bought it in an auction 2nd hand risk does not always reward

Ah, now we know why the original owner got out of it...

Was it cheap? I meant inexpensive.

RedHotPoker
2018-11-27
Use props
Damon1964
lvl.2
United Kingdom

KEJ Posted at 11-27 14:17
If not and whilst not local (postage/courier required )

https://www.marionvillemodels.com

Thanks i will try them tomorrow
2018-11-27
Use props
Damon1964
lvl.2
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 11-27 14:30
Ah, now we know why the original owner got out of it...

it was only £300 so i can still afford a repair and it will still be cheap enough
2018-11-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Damon1964 Posted at 11-27 14:36
it was only £300 so i can still afford a repair and it will still be cheap enough

Gosh, that was a great bargain, even though it was needing some attention.

RedHotPoker
2018-11-27
Use props
Damon1964
lvl.2
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 11-27 14:45
Gosh, that was a great bargain, even though it was needing some attention.

i did also have to get an ipad though and as you know i hate apple so i do feel it has sullied my soul to some extent .I will only use the i pad for the drone though .Yes it was a bargain even with the ipad .
Flies really well and is rock solid when you let go of everything .The whole photo thing is a real learning curve for me all this iso white balance stuff never mind video editing .Well they say you are never to old to learn

2018-11-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Once your screen is working, the ball game will change for you.

You are only crawling now. As soon, you will be running obstacle courses...

At times, I fly so far away, only the Lume Cubes, know for sure. Hahaha

You need the screen for your map and other features. Good grief,
I can not barely believe this. Yikes...!!

RedHotPoker
2018-11-27
Use props
Damon1964
lvl.2
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 11-27 14:58
Once your screen is working, the ball game will change for you.

i have the map mate but i am still too nervous to fly out of sight and that would be naughty anyway .As you say it will be a new ball game flying with a camera view .
2018-11-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Damon1964 Posted at 11-27 15:05
i have the map mate but i am still too nervous to fly out of sight and that would be naughty anyway .As you say it will be a new ball game flying with a camera view .

Map mate? Yeah, but that’s nothing to do with your DJI flight kit.

Man, you are gong to fall in love, with this hobby, once the Phantom is working correctly.

I can’t wait to hear you scream goodness. Ha

RedHotPoker
2018-11-27
Use props
djiuser_2SfO4MaWspvl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4719862 ft
Ghana

I have a phantom 4 pro plus obsidian but anytime i switch the remote controller on it gives me an error message immediately after the dji logo comes. Any help?
2018-11-28
Use props
Damon1964
lvl.2
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 11-27 15:11
Map mate? Yeah, but that’s nothing to do with your DJI flight kit.

Man, you are gong to fall in love, with this hobby, once the Phantom is working correctly.

i have the map my friend (mate) an english colloquialism
2018-11-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Damon1964 Posted at 11-30 10:50
i have the map my friend (mate) an english colloquialism

Ah, you got me there.

Canadian, here, & we barely speak the Queens English.

RedHotPoker

2018-11-30
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can only comment on the USA DJI Service and that is that, it is extremely reasonable dollar wise and extremely fast One day turn around. I am very satisfied with the DJI Service and pricing.
2018-11-30
Use props
Damon1964
lvl.2
United Kingdom

just to keep you posted and big up DJI .I contacted them and they sent me a postage label to send it to them to asses repair .They messaged me back to say it had not been crashed , had no water damage and the problem was with the aircraft main board and they repaired it for free and sent me a brand new handset .Needless to say i was more than happy with this solution .They paid all postage and repaired it at no cost to me .I still havent actually flown it yet as its been raining since it came back but i now have a live feed and a new handset and drone .I was so happy with the solution that i actually splashed out on their extended warranty thing they offered me as well .DJI did provide a great service in my experience.
2019-1-12
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Glad it all worked out...
2019-1-12
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Damon1964 Posted at 1-12 04:24
just to keep you posted and big up DJI .I contacted them and they sent me a postage label to send it to them to asses repair .They messaged me back to say it had not been crashed , had no water damage and the problem was with the aircraft main board and they repaired it for free and sent me a brand new handset .Needless to say i was more than happy with this solution .They paid all postage and repaired it at no cost to me  .I still havent actually flown it yet as its been raining since it came back but i now have a live feed and a new handset and drone .I was so happy with the solution that i actually splashed out on their extended warranty thing they offered me as well .DJI did provide a great service in my experience.

People are quick to complain but we rarely hear the positive outcomes.  Thanks for posting.
2019-1-12
Use props
Damon1964
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 1-12 06:37
People are quick to complain but we rarely hear the positive outcomes.  Thanks for posting.

i am more than happy to give credit where it is due and i think it is commendable to carry out the repair FOC even though it was just out of its warranty period
2019-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules