Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Blinking orange lights
4928 15 2018-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigal1953
lvl.1

Australia

Hi Guys

Flew my phantom2 yesterday went fine, changed the battery for next flight and counld not start motors , lights are showing blinking orange, manual says ready to fly non GPS or remote control signal loss. Tried to recalibrate gps but nothing. When i flick switch 3 times lights go solid orange and then blink orange.

My system is Phantom2 + lighbridge1 + Futaba T8FGS

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards BigAl
2018-11-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

How do you calibrate the GPS?

I only know about IMU, Gimbal, and of course thee Compass calibration. ;-)

Do you mean, no...

RedHotPoker
2018-11-27
Use props
Bigal1953
lvl.1

Australia

New to all this drone stuff so when i say calibrate gps i mean flicking  switch 3 times and turning drone 180 degrees Horizontal and vertical

Thanks BigAl
2018-11-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Ah yeah, thee famous Compass Dance. Haha

I thought so, but had to inquire...

Are you trying to complete calibrating it, in an open area, away from any ferrous (magnetic) metal or electrical interference?

RedHotPoker
2018-11-27
Use props
Bigal1953
lvl.1

Australia

Doing it same place where i normally do it, never had issue before. Before I flick switch 3 to 4 times and it would go solid orange then do the dance now when i flick switch it goes blinking orange
2018-11-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Bigal1953 Posted at 11-27 16:52
Doing it same place where i normally do it, never had issue before. Before I flick switch 3 to 4 times and it would go solid orange then do the dance now when i flick switch it goes blinking orange

Move to a different location, and give it another try.

You’ve experienced No crashes, or overly hard landings?

RedHotPoker
2018-11-27
Use props
Bigal1953
lvl.1

Australia

Never crashed since I've owned it wouldn't know before that
2018-11-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Bigal1953 Posted at 11-27 17:05
Never crashed since I've owned it wouldn't know before that

Yes. That one thought is exacty my worry.
That’s what prevents me from buying any used drones.

I would fear sending my trouble free one in, only to be receiving a refurbished model, of somebody else’s misery.

RedHotPoker
2018-11-27
Use props
Bigal1953
lvl.1

Australia

Swapped a plane motor (that i had no need for)  for this drone and a seeker v303 the seeker flies great so if this one dosn't work anymore i'll flog it it off for spares.

I do like to tinker in the shed so i'll just keep trying for while
2018-11-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Bigal1953 Posted at 11-27 17:20
Swapped a plane motor (that i had no need for)  for this drone and a seeker v303 the seeker flies great so if this one dosn't work anymore i'll flog it it off for spares.

I do like to tinker in the shed so i'll just keep trying for while

You can usually count on DJI to repair them, if you send it in...

But I can’t say, what the cost may be.

Have you tried to calibrate it someplace else?

RedHotPoker

2018-11-27
Use props
Goldenseal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 487034 ft
United States

Try the battery you used when it flew well. I don't know about your model, but  maybe the contacts to the battery electronics is not connecting right. Make sure the pins are not bent. It may think it is not a DJI battery and it will go blinking. Make sure it is a DJI battery.
2018-11-27
Use props
Bigal1953
lvl.1

Australia

I was at the airfield for my first flight then I put in 2nd battery thats when I got the blinking lights, took it home charged up the first battery put that back in no joy.
2018-11-27
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Can we clear up what you mean by orange?  There are yellow lamps and red lamps and green lamps.  I assume you mean yellow.  Is that right?  

As RHP points out, you are apparently trying to calibrate the compass, not the GPS.

I've never heard of flicking the S1 switch 3x.  Where did you get this idea?  Could it be you're confused and actually want to flick the switch 5x or more to invoke compass calibration mode as it says in the manual?

When I read the OP, I get the feeling you never read the manual.  You use the wrong words and describe incorrect procedures for incorrect hardware.  It appears you never read the manual comprehensively.  These drones, even the P2 series, are not toys - they're legit consumer RC devices and they definitely require a thorough reading of the manual before flight  I suggest you read the manual slowly and carefully from start to finish, then read it again.  

Then fly.  

Good luck.
2018-11-28
Use props
Bigal1953
lvl.1

Australia

They just look orange to me, sorry yes i mean the compass, when I first got the drone  I would flick the switch until the light went solid yellow and then do the dance to get green lights. Now when I flick the swictch the yellow lights go solid for about one second and then start to blink very fast, if I flick the switch off the yellow lights blink slower. I have read the manual but as I said  my set up is with lightbridge1 and Futaba radio. When I'm hooked up to lightridge assistant all levers and switches appear to work. We have very strict rules in Australia on drones and I know this is not a toy that s why I only fly at my club field, I have been flying fixed wing for 15 years. I do appreciate all the help you guys are giving me.
2018-11-28
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

<double post>
2018-11-28
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

Okay - but when you say you have a P2, it's implied that you have a straight Phantom 2 and that makes sense.  One can do lots of fun stuff with a straight Phantom 2 - it's a true hobbyist drone.  But the basic operations are pretty similar to the other P2 Vision-series Phantoms (e.g. calibrating the compass).  They are very similar.  They all use the same centerboard, FC, GPS module, compass, ESCs, and motors.  Good luck.
2018-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules