Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Pro Firmware Update FAIL
4522 17 2018-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dthawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5493514 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI released new firmware 01.00.0200 this last weekend.  When I tried to install from my iPhone connected to my controller to the Mavic 2 Pro.  The firmware wont install. Then it prompts me to send the error report to DJI.  Think I have sent over 15 reports. No response yet from DJI on the error.
I captured some screenshots of my iPhone to share here on this thread.  
After no luck.  I downloaded DJI Assisant 2 to my Macbook Air and connected my Mavic 2 to my laptop, and after launched the DJI software. The software said my drone had the latest firmware installed. V01.00.0200

Now when I go to fly my Mavic 2 Pro. I get this message: Inconsistence Firmware. Then I swipe at the bottom of the screen to update the firmware.  It gives me a Success message but I still am getting my DJI Controller needs a firmware update.  I am totally confused.

See my screen shots below. Guess my next step will be contacting DJI support.

David Hawkins
Plano TX

Screen shot

Screen shot

Screen shot

Screen shot

Screen shot

Screen shot

Screen shot

Screen shot

Screen shot

Screen shot

Screen shot

Screen shot

Screen shot

Screen shot
2018-11-27
Use props
Fraggboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

The latest firmware updates the controller and  batteries as well. Cycle through all of your batteries using the assistant on your mac.   Update fails using your phone/tablet.
2018-11-27
Use props
Dthawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5493514 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well folks. After posting this message to the FORUM. DJI must of fixed the problem.  After 15 + failed attempts since Saturday.  As of Tuesday night after my post.  My problem went away.  Like Magic.  I reconnected my Drone  and controller and got a green screen to update the firmware.  SUCCESS.  My problem is resolved.  DisRegard.
2018-11-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi David, sorry for all the trouble. I'm glad that you were able to find a solution to the issue. If you encounter this issue again, I would suggest you update the firmware using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic. You can download the software here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads and follow the video tutorial below. If you need further help, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks for your support.

2018-11-28
Use props
FunBoy
lvl.1
United States

I'm having a similar issue. I was able to upgrade all hardware initially a month ago using my iphone. I decided I wanted a bigger screen so decided to use my ipad. When I plugged in the ipad with the DJI go 4 app it sees a new firmware upgrade but pauses constantly. When I plugged my iphone 8 back in, it doesn't even recognize the new firmware. Period. I've tried shutting down and repowering everything. I deleted the app and reinstalled. Same.

I have tried upgrading the firmware for the remote via the DJI Assistant App on my Mac and it worked. However, it failed for the Mavic Pro 2 on both the Mac and the PC.

Besides the fact we need 2 different cables. One for the drone and one for the remote. You would think the genius in charge would have seen fit to use one type of interface for both devices….Jeez

Note: My previous experience with the DJI Assistant on the the latest osx wasn’t good. I was unable to calibrate properly. (The dots wouldn’t show up on my screen) I had to go over to my PC to get it going.

I also have an issue with choppy playback on my iMac. I read about codecs being the cause, and I was only able to get it going by using VLC. SO many problems and I’ve only used it a handful of times.

I see a lot of problems with this drone. Very disappointing for the money. I won't buy again.
2019-2-21
Use props
NickW76
lvl.1

United States

I'm having a total failure to upgrade the firmware on my new Mavic 2 Pro right now.

It won't download at all; I've tried from DJI Go 4 on my iPhone - it just says the download is paused immediately even when unpaused again. I've tried with DJI Assistant 2 latest version on my Mac. It just shows 0% downloaded and then stops. I've rebooted, I've used an Ethernet cable, makes no difference.

It really looks like a problem at the DJI end. Real letdown as a first experience with the device.
2019-2-21
Use props
GOMAVIC
lvl.1
Serbia

NickW76 Posted at 2-21 11:28
I'm having a total failure to upgrade the firmware on my new Mavic 2 Pro right now.

It won't download at all; I've tried from DJI Go 4 on my iPhone - it just says the download is paused immediately even when unpaused again. I've tried with DJI Assistant 2 latest version on my Mac. It just shows 0% downloaded and then stops. I've rebooted, I've used an Ethernet cable, makes no difference.

man, I lost my whole day today trying to solve excactly the same problem like you, both on dji go4 and dji ass 2 for mavic
2019-2-21
Use props
GOMAVIC
lvl.1
Serbia

GOMAVIC Posted at 2-21 13:40
man, I lost my whole day today trying to solve excactly the same problem like you, both on dji go4 and dji ass 2 for mavic

If you solve problem pls contact me
2019-2-21
Use props
GOMAVIC
lvl.1
Serbia

I'm having a total failure to upgrade the firmware on my new Mavic 2 Pro right now.

It won't download at all; I've tried from DJI Go 4 on my iPhone - it just says the download is paused immediately even when unpaused again. I've tried with DJI Assistant 2 latest version on my Mac. It just shows 0% downloaded and then stops. I've rebooted, I've used an Ethernet cable, makes no difference.

the only diffrence is that I instaled dji ass on my Pc... I lost whole day and tons of nerves...
2019-2-21
Use props
NickW76
lvl.1

United States

GOMAVIC Posted at 2-21 13:41
If you solve problem pls contact me

I will do; but honestly I think there's some problem on DJI's firmware servers or something.

I even tried a completely separate computer, failed in the same way - so my phone (wifi and LTE) and two computers (one Mac; one Windows 10 PC; wifi and Ethernet) all failed to download the firmware.

The drone seems fine; I think it's just some brain damage on DJI's end; either the firmware itself or the content distribution network.
2019-2-21
Use props
Trancell
New
United States

I have been having the exact same problem and honestly this is not the first time I have had this problem. I have tried all types of phones and computers. Luckily I can still fly without the update but you will have to get used to the horrible update process that DJI provides.
2019-2-21
Use props
NickW76
lvl.1

United States

It's sad - the hardware all looks rather excellent but yeah clearly the update process is pretty poor.
2019-2-21
Use props
M2Z
lvl.1
Flight distance : 172352 ft

United Kingdom

Same problem here I have tried updating using iPhone 7 and IPad. I have also tried clean installations of DJI Asst for both MacBook and PC both failed. After lengthy discussions with DJI they have informed me that there is an issue with their network and servers.
2019-2-21
Use props
merlinflyer
lvl.1
United Kingdom

NickW76 Posted at 2-21 14:32
It's sad - the hardware all looks rather excellent but yeah clearly the update process is pretty poor.

having same problem here in uk.
got a day off work tomorrow so thought i would update firmware and go flying looks like thats not gonna happen,thanks DJI
2019-2-21
Use props
davemex
lvl.1

United States

I'm wondering if the download site is down or something. Trying to upgrade myself using both the app or the windows utility and it just sits at "downloading 0%" and doesn't move, even after 20 minutes. Still stuck at zero....
2019-2-21
Use props
GOMAVIC
lvl.1
Serbia

Right now I solve problem, did the same procedure with dji ass like yesterday and it worked . So the problem was with china server yesterday...
2019-2-21
Use props
piotrzuba
New
Poland

Yesterday I have the same problem. Today everything OK. Update succesfull.
2019-2-22
Use props
blackmennewstyl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3571004 ft
Thailand

This problem is still alive and kicking LOL

Since yesterday, i'm trying to upgrade my Mavic 2 Zoom to the latest firmware and to my surprise only the remote control can be upgraded successfully. The aircraft will not download the firmware on the DJI Go 4 and also all version of DJI Assistant lol
2022-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules