Cannot "draw" in quickshot mode
898 11 2018-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tkcool
lvl.1
United States

I do NOT have an SD card installed in my Spark.  When I switch to quickshot mode and tap on myself on screen, I first get a yellow box with a lock on it.  It goes away after half a second, and then when I try to "draw" a box on screen to track myself, it goes to gimbal control instead.  I've tried to switch back and forth between modes, and whenever I go back to quickshot, it always just moves the gimbal instead of "drawing" a box.  I can use Active track mode, and it draws a box fine.  Gesture tracking mode also works.  It is only quickshot mode that will not let me draw a box.  I am using an RC that came with Fly More Combo pack.  I have updated firmware on both remote, and drone as of 11-26-18.  I also downloaded DJI GO4 software on the same day, so Im assuming that is up to date as well.  I am using an OTG cable to connect to remote from an HTC one M8 phone.  Again, everything else works fine, I simply cannot get quickshot mode to work because I cannot figure out how to draw a box, instead of moving gimbal.  I have tried "drawing" from ever corner of the screen, and it always goes into gimbal control.  I read somewhere online that someone else had the same problem, and they reinstalled Go4 software.  I tried that before last flight, and it made no difference. I would really appreciate some help here.  I am testing this as a gift to give to my wife next week for the holidays.  Thanks.
2018-11-27
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

How about trying an SD card in the bird?
"I do NOT have an SD card installed in my Spark."
2018-11-27
Use props
Tkcool
lvl.1
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 11-27 22:16
How about trying an SD card in the bird?
"I do NOT have an SD card installed in my Spark."

Cannot afford one right now.  Any other ideas?
2018-11-28
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Tkcool Posted at 11-28 01:26
Cannot afford one right now.  Any other ideas?

Get a cheaper hobby, then!
You don't need a 64 GB card.
A 32 GB card gets you about lots of space for a lot of batteries!
And don't tell me that a 32 Gb cost you more as 7-10 US$
2018-11-28
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

And a 16GB one will hold videos from lots of flights. Just empty it more often.
2018-11-28
Use props
Hddeuce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128261 ft
United States

Tkcool Posted at 11-28 01:26
Cannot afford one right now.  Any other ideas?

You can get a 32GB SD card for less than $10...
2018-11-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Tkcool. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Spark. Have you tried to use a different mobile device? Upon checking the mobile device that your are using which is the HTC one M8 phone. I am sorry to say that the HTC one M8 phone is not listed as a recommended mobile device for your DJI Spark. This might be the reason why you are encountering this issue. For reference I will pot the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Spark. Thank you.

2018-11-28
Use props
Tkcool
lvl.1
United States

Once again.  I cannot afford an SD card at the moment.  So I cannot afford a new phone either.  I appreciate the suggestions, but this is a gift for my wife.  It is NOT for me.  I need this to work so I can show her how to use it.  Are we ABSOLUTLY certain that it either needs an SD card or a different phone?
2018-11-28
Use props
Hddeuce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128261 ft
United States

Tkcool Posted at 11-28 10:25
Once again.  I cannot afford an SD card at the moment.  So I cannot afford a new phone either.  I appreciate the suggestions, but this is a gift for my wife.  It is NOT for me.  I need this to work so I can show her how to use it.  Are we ABSOLUTLY certain that it either needs an SD card or a different phone?

Yes, you need an SD card as quickshot records a 10-second video.  
2018-11-28
Use props
AC5FF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65194 ft
United States

TKcool
PM Me your address.  I've got tons of micro SD cards laying around.  I'll toss one in the mail to ya
2018-11-28
Use props
Tkcool
lvl.1
United States

I appreciate the kind gesture of free card, but I managed to swindle my local target to giving me one for $5.  People keep saying theyre cheap, but the stores around me wanted $12.99 for a 16gb.  I used my jewy powers (yes Im a Jew) to get em to match a 3rd party website.  Im going to go try it out now in the park down the road.  Fingers crossed.
2018-11-28
Use props
Tkcool
lvl.1
United States

SD card made it work.  Thank you guys for the suggestion.  Kinda sucks since the clips are only 10 secs; you should be able to save it to your phone, but at least it works.
2018-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules