Find my Drone
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Justwanttofly!
lvl.2
Australia

Hi Support,

I have posted my P4 to DJI Australia yesterday.

Why can't I see it on the Find my Drone app? This simply shows it has not left my house.

thanks
2018-11-27
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

hello Justwanttofly!  !! was the RTH set correctly before fly ?
2018-11-28
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

How to Find a Lost DJI Drone – Step By Step Guide

http://www.droneflytech.com/how-to-find-a-lost-dji-drone/
2018-11-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's hard to tell ... are you serious?

In case you are, how would you think your drone could be broadcasting its location back to your app?
And that's without wondering if it's turned on and has a good sky view.
2018-11-28
Use props
Justwanttofly!
lvl.2
Australia

Labroides Posted at 11-28 04:19
It's hard to tell ... are you serious?

In case you are, how would you think your drone could be broadcasting its location back to your app?

That's what I'm asking? how does it transmit to the find my drone program? I have tested in the past and it has been precise
2018-11-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Justwanttofly! Posted at 11-28 12:56
That's what I'm asking? how does it transmit to the find my drone program? I have tested in the past and it has been precise

It is simply because it is not switched on and running. It has to be powered up and out in the open in order to get a GPS fix. Being packed in a box with no power applied and inside a shipping truck, it is not going to do anything. Oh, and it has to be within range of your RC unit as well, and that has to be switched on as well.
2018-11-28
Use props
Justwanttofly!
lvl.2
Australia

Geebax Posted at 11-28 13:31
It is simply because it is not switched on and running. It has to be powered up and out in the open in order to get a GPS fix. Being packed in a box with no power applied and inside a shipping truck, it is not going to do anything. Oh, and it has to be within range of your RC unit as well, and that has to be switched on as well.

thanks, guess I'll be using the postal service tracking program..
cheers for clarifying.
2018-11-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Justwanttofly! Posted at 11-28 12:56

The find-my-drone feature is not magic and doesn't show where your Phantom is at any time.
It simply displays the last point where your your controller had a connection to the Phantom.
2018-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules