2092 11 2018-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sebastien83
lvl.3

Japan

Hi,
I recently updated my M210.
I use it for photogrammetry. I flew it today what happened is when the battery level got 47% the drone came back, whatever the distance between the drone and Home point. The weather conditions were good. The drone could fly few more minutes. I had never experienced this issue before.
It s a waste of time and battery on the ground.
Somebody has any idea ?
The critical battery warning is 10% and the low battery warning is 30%
The smart RTH is on
2018-11-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Sebastien83, may I verify if you are referring to V01.02.0000? How many batteries do you have, did you try another battery?
2018-11-28
Use props
Sebastien83
lvl.3

Japan

Hi Mindy, it s the latest version I have 4 sets  ( 1 set TB50 and 3 sets TB55)
2018-11-28
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

This is typical behaviour after .0000 FW update, an effect of temporary solution to a problematic power management algorithm. All explained here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/ ... 3&postcount=507
2018-11-28
Use props
Mark902
lvl.4
Flight distance : 291260 ft
United States

I tested two sets of T55's today on a Matrice 210; weather temperature was 56 degrees Fahrenheit and wind gusts appoximately 15 mph and received a warning at 39% for the first flight and 44% on the second flight.  To play it safe, I would start considering ending the flight at 50% battery.
2018-11-28
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Mark902 Posted at 11-28 13:40
I tested two sets of T55's today on a Matrice 210; weather temperature was 56 degrees Fahrenheit and wind gusts appoximately 15 mph and received a warning at 39% for the first flight and 44% on the second flight.  To play it safe, I would start considering ending the flight at 50% battery.

Yep, that's a good idea until they figure all this mess out. Better ...
2018-11-29
Use props
Robert M Serino
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2324268 ft

United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-29 15:05
Yep, that's a good idea until they figure all this mess out. Better ...

Suggest tracking battery voltages too, insuring that they stay above 3.60 volts or so, and that all six cells for each battery are largely same. This is because percent is a software representation of charge state whereas voltage is an actual measure.
2018-11-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sebastien83 Posted at 11-28 04:23
Hi Mindy, it s the latest version I have 4 sets  ( 1 set TB50 and 3 sets TB55)

I see Matthew has posted the explanation from our DJI Enterprise Support Manager in RC Group.
The Matrice 200 series’ new firmware (version 01.02.0000) has solved the flight safety issue caused by the battery power being reported artificially high. But occasionally Auto Landing or RTH will be triggered when flying with a well-charged battery. This issue has been explained in the release notes, and the longer the battery is used, the greater the probability of occurrence.
When an auto landing/RTH prompt pops up in the app, please return to home as soon as possible for the sake of flight safety.
This issue will be fixed in the next firmware version. Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your patience.
2018-11-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mark902 Posted at 11-28 13:40
I tested two sets of T55's today on a Matrice 210; weather temperature was 56 degrees Fahrenheit and wind gusts appoximately 15 mph and received a warning at 39% for the first flight and 44% on the second flight.  To play it safe, I would start considering ending the flight at 50% battery.

Hi Mark, please check my post in 8#, thank you.
2018-11-29
Use props
Sebastien83
lvl.3

Japan

Thank you for your explanation.
By the way I use my matrice with DJI GS Pro.

I flew the drone yesterday (perfect weather : no wind, sunny, not cold). Things were better. The night before, I updated again the drone with each set of battery.
I hope the next update will bring back the performance of the battery because stopping a mission at 50% is hard when you use a TB55 battery.
One more thing, the day before yesterday, it was rainy, not a lot, no wind. I guess the weather conditions has affected the battery performance.
2018-11-30
Use props
Dadelanger
lvl.2

United States

Same issue here. Was doing a critical flight and Matrice 210rtk did not initiate RTH it started to land immediately with 46% battery left. I have 6 sets of TB55 batteries and to date this is the first time this has happened since the November update. Nothing like shelling out $40,000 for a risky POS. Also I noticed that with the new update there is only three digits for indicating distance away form home so the aircraft will goto 998ft then lock out and stay there. I guess I better go metric
2018-12-4
Use props
Robert M Serino
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2324268 ft

United States

Dadelanger Posted at 12-4 07:41
Same issue here. Was doing a critical flight and Matrice 210rtk did not initiate RTH it started to land immediately with 46% battery left. I have 6 sets of TB55 batteries and to date this is the first time this has happened since the November update. Nothing like shelling out $40,000 for a risky POS. Also I noticed that with the new update there is only three digits for indicating distance away form home so the aircraft will goto 998ft then lock out and stay there. I guess I better go metric

During a M200 flight this past weekend and while at a 47% charge point with TB55 batts, was alerted on the GO4 app to do a return to home (RTH) and land...Batts and all cells showed voltages well above 3.60 volts (full charge should show about 4.20 volts), and so cancelled RTH on app and then flew them down to 31% (3.60 volts) OK...Results to date suggest that following voltages and staying above 3.60 volts for both batts and all cells work OK when checking thru the GO4 app...No issues or warnings with TB50 batts down to 30% charge...Note: Indicated charge percent is a software-based representation, and indicated volts for each batt and all cells is an actual measure.
2018-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules