Phantom 3SE card error
1683 18 2018-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nomino
lvl.1
Belgium

I have the Phantom 3SE now for more than a year but have not used it 10 times. On 29 September of this year I used my drone for the last time. When I wanted to use it again ten days ago, the message "sd card invalid" or "sd card error" was always given. It was, however, the same card that I used before. I used different cards but always got the same message. I also have the Mavic Air and the card work perfectly. Since I still have a one year warranty on the drone, I contacted the seller. After a few mails away and back, I was allowed to send the drone back to them so that it could be checked. It seems to me to be a issue that should be repaired under warranty as nothing ever happened to the drone. Never fallen or crashed and always very carefully handled. I have visited a few forums and it appears to be a more common issue. A few days later, however, I received an email with a quote for the repair. 143 € for the repair. I told them not to agree with this because I believe that it is a manufacturing defect and therefore comes under warranty. The offer also stated that the right engine had to be replaced as well as the complete housing, the motherboard and the wifi connector. That is why I did not agree with this because the engine and the housing do not have anything to do with the sd card that no longer read. In the following e-mail, however, it was said that they could not repair this separately. It was all or nothing.
Every part of the drone can be ordered separately so I find it very strange that the camera itself can not only be repaired. Poor service from DJI.
(Translated with Google translate)

2018-11-28
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

hello nomino , i use same bird as you  , in the top part where is placed the battery there is a (hidden Sd) card, maybe it has something to do

2018-11-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 11-28 10:11
hello nomino , i use same bird as you  , in the top part where is placed the battery there is a (hidden Sd) card, maybe it has something to do

[view_image]

That SD card is used for recording flight logs and other data, it does not have anything to do with the problem reported by the author. Perhaps he could tell us what card it is?
2018-11-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi nomino, sorry for the troubles with the drone, may I verify if the drone was sent to DJI official repair center by your seller? If yes, please get the case number from them so that we can check more details. If the drone was evaluated and quoted by your seller, please provide us the name of your seller, their contact number, you contact info for further support, thank you.
2018-11-28
Use props
nomino
lvl.1
Belgium

Geebax Posted at 11-28 13:45
That SD card is used for recording flight logs and other data, it does not have anything to do with the problem reported by the author. Perhaps he could tell us what card it is?

I have tried several cards. Also the Sandisk Extreme and the Sandisk Extreme pro. Always get the same message.
2018-11-29
Use props
nomino
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-28 18:32
Hi nomino, sorry for the troubles with the drone, may I verify if the drone was sent to DJI official repair center by your seller? If yes, please get the case number from them so that we can check more details. If the drone was evaluated and quoted by your seller, please provide us the name of your seller, their contact number, you contact info for further support, thank you.

Case No. CAS-2470473-H8B4Q1.  I bought the drone at Cameranu.nl. All their contact details can be found on their website
My contact: geert.vermeulen@live.be
2018-11-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

nomino Posted at 11-29 02:24
Case No. CAS-2470473-H8B4Q1.  I bought the drone at Cameranu.nl. All their contact details can be found on their website
My contact:

Thanks for the case number, per the damage assessment, the drone has the physical damages, please check the damage assessment pictures here: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace
We do have evaluated the SD card issue, the camera Wi-Fi Mainboard is unable to read the SD card, therefore, it will need to be replaced, appreciate your understanding.
2018-11-29
Use props
nomino
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-29 02:45
Thanks for the case number, per the damage assessment, the drone has the physical damages, please check the damage assessment pictures here: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace
We do have evaluated the SD card issue, the camera Wi-Fi Mainboard is unable to read the SD card, therefore, it will need to be replaced, appreciate your understanding.

As I had already informed the repairer. It is also not clear to me how that damage came about. But even then the damage seems so minimal and certainly the cause can not be that now suddenly the SD card can not be read anymore. The very slight damage to the camera is possible because of the gimbal protector that I put on again after use. Which explanation would you give for the fact that everything worked perfectly on 29 September. After 29 September, I did not use the drone anymore.
2018-11-30
Use props
nomino
lvl.1
Belgium

These photos of the drone were taken on october 1st. If you enlarge these photos you will see that there was no damage to the right engine at the time.
2018-11-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

nomino Posted at 11-30 12:35
[view_image][view_image]

These photos of the drone were taken on october 1st. If you enlarge these photos you will see that there was no damage to the right engine at the time.

Hi nomino, I fully understand your side what I can recommend  in terms of this is send an email to (support.eu5@dji.com) to dispute the damage assessment/Invoice but set expectation that your whole aircraft is already out of warranty period. If you need further assistance  you can contact us back or contact our support team at (https://www.dji.com/support).
2018-11-30
Use props
nomino
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI Diana Posted at 11-30 14:07
Hi nomino, I fully understand your side what I can recommend  in terms of this is send an email to () to dispute the damage assessment/Invoice but set expectation that your whole aircraft is already out of warranty period. If you need further assistance  you can contact us back or contact our support team at (https://www.dji.com/support).

Diana, In the Netherlands and Belgium I have a 2 year warranty on the drone.
2018-12-1
Use props
nomino
lvl.1
Belgium

nomino Posted at 12-1 09:11
Diana, In the Netherlands and Belgium I have a 2 year warranty on the drone.

I do not mind the small damage to the housing, motor and camera. I just want the camera to work again and the sd card is well read again. However, I am very disappointed in the response from the repairer. It gives me the impression that one does not take his responsibility in this.
2018-12-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

nomino Posted at 12-1 09:18
I do not mind the small damage to the housing, motor and camera. I just want the camera to work again and the sd card is well read again. However, I am very disappointed in the response from the repairer. It gives me the impression that one does not take his responsibility in this.

According to the damage assessment, there were obviously physical damages, the warranty service cannot be provided, may I verify if you have sent email to support.eu5@dji.com for further dispute? The team will help you out.
2018-12-1
Use props
nomino
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-1 19:16
According to the damage assessment, there were obviously physical damages, the warranty service cannot be provided, may I verify if you have sent email to  for further dispute? The team will help you out.

I sent an email to the address you gave me and now wait for the answer
2018-12-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

nomino Posted at 12-3 04:30
I sent an email to the address you gave me and now wait for the answer

Hi Nomino, this is noted. We will send follow up on this. Thank you for cooperation.
2018-12-3
Use props
nomino
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI Diana Posted at 12-3 08:41
Hi Nomino, this is noted. We will send follow up on this. Thank you for cooperation.

The drone has still not recovered. I was asked to forward the flight data. This showed that the drone has not crashed. That was what I had said from the beginning. But still they do not want to repair the drone under warranty and still want to replace the right engine and the entire housing. They keeps coming up with new arguments to be able to charge costs anyway. I am not alone in this case. This proves the next video that I found on Youtube.
For a company that claims to have the best products on the market, I find this very sad

2018-12-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

nomino Posted at 12-22 02:01
The drone has still not recovered. I was asked to forward the flight data. This showed that the drone has not crashed. That was what I had said from the beginning. But still they do not want to repair the drone under warranty and still want to replace the right engine and the entire housing. They keeps coming up with new arguments to be able to charge costs anyway. I am not alone in this case. This proves the next video that I found on Youtube.
For a company that claims to have the best products on the market, I find this very sad

Sorry to see the case still hasn't been sorted out, may I have your email account, contact info and your name? We will see if there is any further we can do for you, thank you.
2018-12-22
Use props
nomino
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-22 22:22
Sorry to see the case still hasn't been sorted out, may I have your email account, contact info and your name? We will see if there is any further we can do for you, thank you.

I have sent you my data in a private message
2018-12-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

nomino Posted at 12-23 01:57
I have sent you my data in a private message

PM has been received and your case has been escalated to the higher team for further review, since your case was registered by your dealer, our manager may contact them firstly, thanks for your understanding.
2018-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules