Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Pocket Released - Because Life is Big
31537 373 2018-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NC31Aug
New
Thailand

When do you plan to sell waterproof equipment?
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

NC31Aug Posted at 1-8 22:45
When do you plan to sell waterproof equipment?

Hi NC31Aug, we are working on it but don't have the estimated date yet, please note our online store, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Michelle in Aus Posted at 1-8 19:01
Hi, I just purchased my DJI OSMO Pocket this week. Looking forward to getting used to using it instead of my heavy Canon 5dMkiii on steadycam to do family videos!

Question: Can someone please point me in a direction to learn about correct export settings for the video? (I am in Australia so I believe PAL settings are needed) in particular frame rates, bitrate and resolutions?

Hi Michelle in Aus, we have added 1080p 25/50fps and 4K 25/50fps resolution to basic settings in the last firmware v1.3.0.20, please select the proper frame rate.
If the issue persists in every frame rate, please upload a short sample video in Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here, thank you.
2019-1-9
Use props
iPocket
New

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-12-16 19:04
Hi algogoku, I managed to get your order number via your Forum account, the estimated shipping date is 15-20 business date after the payment confirmation, we will begin shipping once they are ready, appreciate your patience.

Ouch! 15 to 20 days on delivery. I just did an order with payment today ... guess no expansion kit till I am back from my holidays after the Chinese Luna New Year ...
2019-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

iPocket Posted at 1-9 18:05
Ouch! 15 to 20 days on delivery. I just did an order with payment today ... guess no expansion kit till I am back from my holidays after the Chinese Luna New Year ...

Hi iPocket, currently, the estimated shipping date of Osmo Pocket Expansion Kit in Australia online store is 3-7 business days after payment confirmation. Hope you will receive it soon.
2019-1-11
Use props
fivetonine
Second Officer
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Love the OSMO pocket - i did some motion timelapses and they turn out amazing!
2019-1-13
Use props
fans9aa4ed5e
lvl.1
United States

Pocket users:
I have a NIB scroll wheel and Accessorie mount if interested.
$60 for both but I will separate
Jackson.Storestuff@gmail.com
2019-1-13
Use props
Michelle in Aus
lvl.1
Australia

Hi, (if there is a help/advice/support thread that this should be posted to please let me know)

I'm trying to learn how to get my footage looking the best it can like in the amazing sample videos! Can anyone give me advice on why my sample test vid has some staggering and slight flickering? Can others notice it? Could it be the Gimbal, shutter speed or frame rate??

*test was filmed at 1080x1920 50 fps. Exported at same settings. I'm in Australia so I think I have to use 25 or 50 fps for PAL. Shutter was on Auto since I have not got ND Filters yet. Any advice is really appreciated!
2019-1-14
Use props
Ryujin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 127543 ft
Russia

I really liked to draw with light, but exposure length of 8 seconds is sorely lacking. If technically possible, do at least 30 seconds.
2019-1-20
Use props
ToXXuS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 164344 ft
Ukraine

Firmware: v1.4.0.20  is arrived What’s New?

•   Added pro settings when using Osmo Pocket without DJI Mimo.
  •   Added option to switch between AFC and AFS when using Osmo Pocket without DJI Mimo.
  •   Added Cine-Like color mode to video mode.
  •   Fixed issue: after powering off, the gimbal attitude of some devices was in an abnormal position to fit into the cover.
  •   Optimized face detection.
  •   Reduced focus pulsing in some situations, such as when shooting the sky or at night.
  •   Increased autofocus speed when moving Osmo Pocket quickly.

more here
2019-2-1
Use props
Drone*Mike
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Having bought myself an Osmo Pocket for Christmas I thought it was about time I added my penny worth here.

I AM ABSOLUTELY AMAZED, BOWLED OVER AND STUNNED ETC. BY THIS PRODUCT !!

It’s superb filming capability matched by it’s build quality makes it a delight to use. Yes there were problems when initially launched but by the latest update any initial misgivings have now given way to absolute bliss. I mean, all pro settings available on the device itself - Wow! I was pleased to discover that the on-screen “Pro” label is touch selectable and gets me to the final few Pro settings that I’d thought were missing (Cinelike-D etc.). I got them by accident at first, and then couldn’t work out what I’d done for them to appear, an internet search soon solved that though.

FWIW my settings are:
Follow Mode, Slow Follow, Auto for ISO, Shutter and EV, 4K @ 24fps, Super Fine, MOV, WB=Auto, Cinelike-D, 50Hz Anti-Flicker, Volume Moderate, Noise Reduction on, Overexposed on, Histogram on, and AFC.

Editing System: Blackmagic Resolve Studio and Fusion Studio on a 2013 model MacBook Pro.

Only one slight niggle, the lanyard only attaches to the Pocket’s case. I wish it was attachable to the device itself as I’m nervous that it might get knocked out of my hand while filming and the gimbal break on the floor. I once had a mobile phone knocked out of my hand while in a supermarket by some young kids mucking about not being controlled by their parents
2019-2-8
Use props
MYDH
New

India

Just Saw a video of osmo on youtube. This is an incredible product. However the price point could have been slightly light on the pockets.
2019-2-12
Use props
Lemonitus
lvl.1
Australia

Hey all,

Nice product, been using mine for vlogging over the past few weeks and will continue to do so, it is much, much easier to carry, set up and use than my previous GoPro based set up!

I just have a feature request that maybe your Dev's could maybe think about? It's definitely a "user" issue, but it's an issue that is causing me to lose footage due to the way that the camera is used (and the way it's intended to be used...)

Many of my vlogs are on a whim. Something will happen, I quickly document it via video. A lot of the time, due to quickly trying to focus the gimbal or manually move it using the touchscreen-scroll wheel (I have the physical one in the mail...) i'll accidentally move the camera mode away from Video and onto Photo, do my vlog, and not realise until I get back in front of a computer than half a day of footage is a bunch of .jpg's.

I don't know why photo mode even exists on a device like this, but I digress.

Maybe in a future firmware or app update there could be a menu to completely disable unwanted modes? Completely disable the device from being able to be switched away from Video mode (or whatever mode you want...) via a setting in the app.

Just food for thought, cheers!
2019-2-13
Use props
jedp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 991991 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Michelle in Aus Posted at 1-14 17:29
test video

Hi, (if there is a help/advice/support thread that this should be posted to please let me know)

Hi @Michelle in Aus

Difficult to tell, but the guidance I would give firstly is: don't pan so fast Panning on small sensor devices always causes a stutter due to the limited processing power

Try and do the same shot but pan slowly (indeed try and avoid panning at all)... what are you using to export the file (applications).

What you could try is do the same also with recording and exporting at 24p, makes it smoother, cheers!
2019-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules