Osmo Pocket Released - Because Life is Big
31649 370 2018-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa8843d1b
lvl.1

United States

Hi, I got my tracking # and this morning it said it was being delivered on Friday, but now there's a bunch of alerts saying it's delayed to Monday.  I need to make sure I'm there to sign for it but don't know what day to expect, now.  I tried inquiring more but it says "please see shipper"
2018-12-12
Use props
Ajay Bajaj
lvl.2
Canada

fans4c881431 Posted at 12-12 00:40
Hi, has anybody tracking number?

I don't have it even though mine says Shipped.

When I asked online support about it they said it was in "picking status", i.e. not shipped yet. So, I don't know why they would change the status to Shipped when it is still in the warehouse.
2018-12-12
Use props
Ajay Bajaj
lvl.2
Canada

fans4c881431 Posted at 12-12 00:40
Hi, has anybody tracking number?

When I asked online support about it they said it was in "picking status", i.e. not shipped yet. So, I don't know why they would change the status to Shipped when it is still in the warehouse.
2018-12-12
Use props
miskop
lvl.1
Slovakia

I hope that thing is next week at home
2018-12-12
Use props
Ray60
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Ray60 Posted at 12-12 05:36
Hi Dji Mindy.
I've just had a text on my phone to say it's being delivered today soon but I have to be at work. I have left details on my front door to leave with a neighbor but I ordered through Amazon UK who apparently have no clue to the delivery and is showing as not having arrived yet. My account here has no recognition of me having even ordered an Osmo Pocket. My Amazon order I can send you via a PM. Can you then put me on your purchaser's list as I'm worried about activation when I can get to do it?
Thank you.

Update. The delivery message was to say it had shipped from Shenzhen and that another alert would arrive nearer the delivery date.
However, on a separate note. I have downloaded the Mimo App to my android phone and wish to register but it won't let me log into my account here. My phone and my computer have two different email addresses. Is that the problem? Do I have to set up another account for my phone? I'm loathed to change any personal settings in my account here in case I lose contact between receiving my Osmo Pocket and activation. Also as you don't appear to know I have purchased an Osmo Pocket via Amazon UK. Is there any way to update that information on my account here? Partly to make sure I can register my Osmo pocket and also to order the extras when they become available. I can PM order numbers from my Amazon UK order to you or give details of my delivery via DHL.
Thank you in anticipation.

Ray.
2018-12-12
Use props
Wesley Bourne
New

United States

Got an email that my Best Buy order was available for early pickup and was able to pick mine up this morning when they opened.

The downside...... Activation failure through my iPhone X with the Mimo and nothing that I or Technical Support instructed me to try has worked
2018-12-12
Use props
BPutters
New

Netherlands

Yeah! Just purchased one! If you live in Holland of Belgium, I recommend Drone Depot. They've got him right now en send it to me today!
2018-12-12
Use props
miskop
lvl.1
Slovakia

I wanted to cancel the order, but yesterday changed the status to send.
I had to buy it from a local dealer in slovakia, as through official DJIs, with this  problems with delivery...
it looks like the local store in my country will have it on stock earlier  than me....
2018-12-12
Use props
fans289f3b33
New
Flight distance : 2225830 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just received my Osmo Pocket.  How can I connect it to my Galaxy Note 5?  Neither of the 2 smartphone adapters that came with it fit the connection on my phone.
2018-12-12
Use props
TimK1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71975 ft
United Kingdom

fans289f3b33 Posted at 12-12 14:25
I just received my Osmo Pocket.  How can I connect it to my Galaxy Note 5?  Neither of the 2 smartphone adapters that came with it fit the connection on my phone.

If you have MicroUSB connection then you can't - it only supports USBC or Lightning.  It's been well covered on the forums
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans289f3b33 Posted at 12-12 14:25
I just received my Osmo Pocket.  How can I connect it to my Galaxy Note 5?  Neither of the 2 smartphone adapters that came with it fit the connection on my phone.

Hello there, as Micro USB port Android mobile phones do not have a compatible adaptor, the Osmo Pocket cannot be activated with a Micro USB Android mobile phone and this mobile phone cannot be used with DJI Mimo to shoot videos or pictures.
Please activate the Osmo Pocket with a Type-C port or a Lightning port mobile phone, then use the wireless module to connect the mobile device.
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

miskop Posted at 12-12 13:49
I wanted to cancel the order, but yesterday changed the status to send.
I had to buy it from a local dealer in slovakia, as through official DJIs, with this  problems with delivery...  
it looks like the local store in my country will have it on stock earlier  than me....

Hi miskop, shipping for the Osmo Pocket began on December 12th, 2018 on a first come first served basis. If you already purchased it from the dealer and would like to cancel the order from our online store, please refuse to sign the package, the package will be shipped back and we will arrange the refund as soon as possible when we receive it.
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Ajay Bajaj Posted at 12-12 08:34

When I asked online support about it they said it was in "picking status", i.e. not shipped yet. So, I don't know why they would change the status to Shipped when it is still in the warehouse.

Hi Ajay Bajaj, the tracking number will be a little late than the status update, I managed to get your order number and the tracking number should have been sent to you via email, hope you will receive it soon.
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansa8843d1b Posted at 12-12 06:41
Hi, I got my tracking # and this morning it said it was being delivered on Friday, but now there's a bunch of alerts saying it's delayed to Monday.  I need to make sure I'm there to sign for it but don't know what day to expect, now.  I tried inquiring more but it says "please see shipper"

Glad to know you have received the tracking number, after your products have been shipped, it may take three to five business days to deliver them to you. However, all shipment dates specified are estimates only and are subject to change depending on a number of factors, including but not limited to, weather conditions, international customs procedures, local couriers and delivery companies, and incorrect address information.
We are unable to provide the concrete date when it will arrive, you may confirm with courier company.
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Ray60 Posted at 12-12 09:41
Update. The delivery message was to say it had shipped from Shenzhen and that another alert would arrive nearer the delivery date.
However, on a separate note. I have downloaded the Mimo App to my android phone and wish to register but it won't let me log into my account here. My phone and my computer have two different email addresses. Is that the problem? Do I have to set up another account for my phone? I'm loathed to change any personal settings in my account here in case I lose contact between receiving my Osmo Pocket and activation. Also as you don't appear to know I have purchased an Osmo Pocket via Amazon UK. Is there any way to update that information on my account here? Partly to make sure I can register my Osmo pocket and also to order the extras when they become available. I can PM order numbers from my Amazon UK order to you or give details of my delivery via DHL.
Thank you in anticipation.

Hi Ray, don't worry about the activation, it has nothing to do with your order, any email account can be used to activate the device, please wait patiently and activate it via the tutorial video below when you receive it.
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Wesley Bourne Posted at 12-12 10:45
Got an email that my Best Buy order was available for early pickup and was able to pick mine up this morning when they opened.

The downside...... Activation failure through my iPhone X with the Mimo and nothing that I or Technical Support instructed me to try has worked

Hi Wesley, we are so sorry for the activation failure, do you still remember the error message and the serial number of the device?
2018-12-12
Use props
Ray60
lvl.4

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-12 22:58
Hi Ray, don't worry about the activation, it has nothing to do with your order, any email account can be used to activate the device, please wait patiently and activate it via the tutorial video below when you receive it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFGMAIe8jYs&t=2s

Hi Dji Mindy.
That is good to know. As you probably know, us potential users can throw up all sorts of problems to manufacturers you didn't anticipate having. I can't thank you enough for being the face of Dji as this is very reassuring to me as a new customer to DJI products.  One further request then. Any idea when some of the Osmo Pocket attachments will be available to order. Specifically the wireless transmitter/controller/microSDcard/etc. package and the charging case with storage. I am hoping to do videos and some panoramic stills, time lapses, for a British maritime museum with the aid of this device during its winter closed season and the sooner I can start, the better.
2018-12-12
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Germany

Hi!

I wonder if Osmo Pocket also have problems with missing a second when video splits?
Anyone can check with it?

Really wanted to bought this device, but it really a dealbreaker for me if itl have those problems, since I quite often take a 30-90 mins clip.
2018-12-13
Use props
algogoku
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-12 22:43
Hello there, as Micro USB port Android mobile phones do not have a compatible adaptor, the Osmo Pocket cannot be activated with a Micro USB Android mobile phone and this mobile phone cannot be used with DJI Mimo to shoot videos or pictures.
Please activate the Osmo Pocket with a Type-C port or a Lightning port mobile phone, then use the wireless module to connect the mobile device.

I have the same problem. My phone has a microusb connection. Is there no chance to activate the osmo pocket via the wireless adaptor instead of the connection adaptors?
2018-12-13
Use props
algogoku
lvl.1
Spain

algogoku Posted at 12-13 03:08
I have the same problem. My phone has a microusb connection. Is there no chance to activate the osmo pocket via the wireless adaptor instead of the connection adaptors?

Another question: If it's not possible to activate the pocket with the wireless adaptor, can I ask a friend with an Iphone or phone with usb-c connector just to activate it and then use my own phone with the wireless adaptor?
2018-12-13
Use props
Ray60
lvl.4

United Kingdom

algogoku Posted at 12-13 03:14
Another question: If it's not possible to activate the pocket with the wireless adaptor, can I ask a friend with an Iphone or phone with usb-c connector just to activate it and then use my own phone with the wireless adaptor?

I asked this question earlier and the answer was from Dji Mindy was yes and shouldn't be a problem. But I'm also wondering if once initialised I can use the Mimo app as it is working on my phone with a micro USB connector as long as I can find the right adapter. I was told it will connect using the wireless adapter but all the Mimo functions may not work. If that means the transfer of files or in place editing on the phone, I'm fine with that. I know the Mimo app is working on my phone as it's giving me editing options already with video and stills I have on my micro SD card. I have a USB C to USB micro adapter waiting to find out. The other problem with older phones will be the Andriod operating system which must be later than version 5 to work. Also, processing power and the amount of free ram may be a contributing factor. There is no guarantee that what will work on one phone will work on another.  We will have to wait and see and maybe report back to the forums.
2018-12-13
Use props
tif1607
lvl.1
Australia

Still no fix and I bought myself a expensive brick with preorder one month ago, the activation failed with data error msg coming  up and the neither the reseller or tech support have a solution as of yet, really annoying after the long wait and am not able to bring it to travel with me, waste of time and money, deeply regretting the purchase, might end up returning and get a gopro 7 instead......
2018-12-13
Use props
algogoku
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-6 01:38
Since the phones with Micro USB port are relatively old, the performance cannot be ensured, therefore, we only released lightning and Type-C adapter, hope you will receive it soon, thanks for your support to DJI.

Excuseme but I have a Huawei Mate 10 Lite that has only 1 year and it comes with micro usb. And many other phones I have seen released this year still have Micro usb so that is not an excuse to just make a micro usb adapter...
2018-12-13
Use props
algogoku
lvl.1
Spain

Ray60 Posted at 12-13 03:39
I asked this question earlier and the answer was from Dji Mindy was yes and shouldn't be a problem. But I'm also wondering if once initialised I can use the Mimo app as it is working on my phone with a micro USB connector as long as I can find the right adapter. I was told it will connect using the wireless adapter but all the Mimo functions may not work. If that means the transfer of files or in place editing on the phone, I'm fine with that. I know the Mimo app is working on my phone as it's giving me editing options already with video and stills I have on my micro SD card. I have a USB C to USB micro adapter waiting to find out. The other problem with older phones will be the Andriod operating system which must be later than version 5 to work. Also, processing power and the amount of free ram may be a contributing factor. There is no guarantee that what will work on one phone will work on another.  We will have to wait and see and maybe report back to the forums.

Thanks, Ray. I have looked for your mentioned question and later reply. I will ask to my friends who have an iphone or usb-c phone to help me activate it. If not, I will wait for your info regarding the usb-c to microusb cable if it works. Please let me know asap.
2018-12-13
Use props
Ray60
lvl.4

United Kingdom

algogoku Posted at 12-13 04:32
Thanks, Ray. I have looked for your mentioned question and later reply. I will ask to my friends who have an iphone or usb-c phone to help me activate it. If not, I will wait for your info regarding the usb-c to microusb cable if it works. Please let me know asap.

Unfortunately, my Osmo Pocket may not turn up until the 17th or later but I will share my findings including phone used etc as soon as I can.  
2018-12-13
Use props
algogoku
lvl.1
Spain

Ray60 Posted at 12-13 07:31
Unfortunately, my Osmo Pocket may not turn up until the 17th or later but I will share my findings including phone used etc as soon as I can.

Me too. I ordered it the 1st day and it's on its way. I have found a friend with usb-c to help me activate it.
2018-12-13
Use props
noble7867
lvl.1
United States

algogoku Posted at 12-13 08:05
Me too. I ordered it the 1st day and it's on its way. I have found a friend with usb-c to help me activate it.

I have a Galaxy S8 with a USB C and it will not activate on that either.  Has to be a device on the list.  Activated mine using a friends iphone, then tried to connect to Mimo on my phone after activation and that didn't work either.
2018-12-13
Use props
algogoku
lvl.1
Spain

noble7867 Posted at 12-13 09:39
I have a Galaxy S8 with a USB C and it will not activate on that either.  Has to be a device on the list.  Activated mine using a friends iphone, then tried to connect to Mimo on my phone after activation and that didn't work either.

Where I can find that list?
And that's it? If so, I'm thinking on pulling back my purchase. Why do they do this so difficult and inaccesible?
2018-12-13
Use props
algogoku
lvl.1
Spain

algogoku Posted at 12-13 12:13
Where I can find that list?
And that's it? If so, I'm thinking on pulling back my purchase. Why do they do this so difficult and inaccesible?

I have seen what is probably a list of devices that says:

Supported devices
iOS:Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
Compatible with iPhone XS Max,iPhone XS,iPhone XR,iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone SE.

Android:Android version 5.0 or later.
Compatible with Huawei P20, Huawei P10, Huawei Mate 10 Pro, Huawei Mate 10, Huawei Mate 9 Pro, Huawei Mate 9, Honor 10, Honor 9, Vivo NEX, Mi Mix 2S,Mi 8, Mi 6, OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 5T,Google Pixel 2XL,Google Pixel 2.

Mine is a Huawei Mate 10 Lite (the list speaks about the Mate 10 Pro and the normal). It will work on the Mate 10 Lite?
2018-12-13
Use props
noble7867
lvl.1
United States

That's the one.  I did speak with someone at DJI tech support, and he did confirm that it would not, at this time, work with a Samsung device.  I then asked if DJI has, in the past, opened up their 'approved' lists for other DJI products to include and support Samsung mobile, and he said that they have.  While no guarantee that they will, and no timeframe to tell when, it was minimally assuring information for those of us with those phones.  For now, my device is activated, and I can access some functions on the camera.  When (if) they do open it up to my phone, it'll be like getting a free upgrade.  "Always look on the bright side of life..."
2018-12-13
Use props
algogoku
lvl.1
Spain

Someone put this video: https://www.skypixel.com/videos/ ... h-a-micro-usb-phone in another post in this forum. Maybe it helps someone else (me for example).
2018-12-13
Use props
Ray60
lvl.4

United Kingdom

algogoku Posted at 12-13 13:07
Someone put this video: https://www.skypixel.com/videos/active-osmo-pocket-with-a-micro-usb-phone in another post in this forum. Maybe it helps someone else (me for example).

Did you notice he plugged it into the base of the Osmo Pocket and not the normal port that is used to connect the Pocket to a phone? I wonder how safe that is and why it should work from that port. I know it's where the wireless base plugs in but you can't activate from the wireless base. Confusing.
2018-12-13
Use props
Jeff Wilson
lvl.1

United States

noble7867 Posted at 12-13 09:39
I have a Galaxy S8 with a USB C and it will not activate on that either.  Has to be a device on the list.  Activated mine using a friends iphone, then tried to connect to Mimo on my phone after activation and that didn't work either.

What happens when it won't activate? Are you getting an error message?
2018-12-13
Use props
Jeff Wilson
lvl.1

United States

Ray60 Posted at 12-13 13:19
Did you notice he plugged it into the base of the Osmo Pocket and not the normal port that is used to connect the Pocket to a phone? I wonder how safe that is and why it should work from that port. I know it's where the wireless base plugs in but you can't activate from the wireless base. Confusing.

It's possible that both of the USB C ports are functionally identical. That lower port is how the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi is handled, and that base supports charging, so I'm inclined to believe that the interfaces work identically.
2018-12-13
Use props
Jeff Wilson
lvl.1

United States

algogoku Posted at 12-13 12:28
I have seen what is probably a list of devices that says:

Supported devices

"Supported devices" doesn't usually mean that it won't work on other devices, just that they don't want you to expect help if it doesn't meet your performance expectations.
2018-12-13
Use props
noble7867
lvl.1
United States

Jeff Wilson Posted at 12-13 13:21
What happens when it won't activate? Are you getting an error message?

The phone does not recognize the camera.  It (the phone) reads it like I'm plugging it into a charge.  I have the app downloaded, and I've tried all different ways to get the app to launch when plugging in the Osmo, but the phone never recognizes the camera.
2018-12-13
Use props
djiuser_DSNM5pk9BWRR
New

United States

I've been playing with the Osmo Pocket for an hour now. It's really small... The screen is way too tiny to be useful, specially if u use your finger to make the gimbal go up and down. Your finger covers most of the screen. I know they want to sell you the rotating gimbal controller so I guess this is their way of forcing you to buy it.. I already own the OSMO 2 with my iPhone XS Max and I believe it is actually easier to use than the Pocket since there is no joystick... While using the iPhone, the gimbal control is cool but it is placed on the right of the screen, too far for your fingers to reach and in an awkward position. I would like the choice to move the gimbal "dot" anywhere on the screen, or at least have a left or right placement so it is easier to control. One other thing is the AF, it's a little slow and you can't get too close to the subject or else it will lose focus. A macro setting would be great too. I still have a lot to play with to assess the usefulness of the Pocket. I will do side by side comparisons between the iPhone's 4K and the OSMO and see which one has the best quality. We will see..
2018-12-13
Use props
djiuser_DSNM5pk9BWRR
New

United States

another thing. The Mimo App works with the new iPad Pro thru USB-C but it is not iPad native. You are required to zoom it and it doesn't take up the whole screen. Also, the gimbal touches the bezel of the iPad and it gives you an error so it has to be reset. A little extension USB adaptor would be great so it can be used with the iPad.
2018-12-13
Use props
JBSpark
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47969 ft
Australia

Guys to I get any credit for this pocket osmo, after all it was my idea

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... d=155308#pid1538148
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Ray60 Posted at 12-12 23:48
Hi Dji Mindy.
That is good to know. As you probably know, us potential users can throw up all sorts of problems to manufacturers you didn't anticipate having. I can't thank you enough for being the face of Dji as this is very reassuring to me as a new customer to DJI products.  One further request then. Any idea when some of the Osmo Pocket attachments will be available to order. Specifically the wireless transmitter/controller/microSDcard/etc. package and the charging case with storage. I am hoping to do videos and some panoramic stills, time lapses, for a British maritime museum with the aid of this device during its winter closed season and the sooner I can start, the better.

Appreciate your kind words to my job here, it is my pleasure to help you. Micro SD card is available to place the order in our online store, for other accessories, we do not have the estimated date, please leave your email on the purchase page and we will send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock.
2018-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules