Dual Controller no longer proposed?
911 12 2018-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ff22
Second Officer
United States

In latest release of the User  Manual (v1.6) it appears DJI has removed any reference and description  of functionality for dual controller mode (used to be all of page 47 in  v1.4 and prior) and no more "coming soon" notation either   -.-

2018-11-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for the information you have shared with us today regarding the Dual Controller for the DJI Mavic 2 Series. I will forward this thread to our DJI R&D Team for further update with regards to the Dual Controller for the DJI Mavic 2 Series. I will send you a notification with regards to the reply for our DJI R&D Team. Thank you for your patience and support.
2018-11-28
Use props
SkyRaptor
lvl.2
United States

Well that’s a bummer because I just spent the money for a second controller for that exact reason. I guess coming soon sometimes mean not coming at all.
2018-11-28
Use props
K5Greg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 680420 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-28 11:42
Hello and good day. Thank you for the information you have shared with us today regarding the Dual Controller for the DJI Mavic 2 Series. I will forward this thread to our DJI R&D Team for further update with regards to the Dual Controller for the DJI Mavic 2 Series. I will send you a notification with regards to the reply for our DJI R&D Team. Thank you for your patience and support.

Please advise what you hear back. We specifically went ahead with purchase of several M2 series aircraft based on the dual controller functionality (like the mavic pro series has)  based on the "coming soon" notation and full page devoted to  the subject in the 1st two versions of the owners manual. This is a corporate guideline we have (dual controller functionality).
2018-12-29
Use props
fans55ae5496
Second Officer

United States

welcome to DJI.
2018-12-29
Use props
K5Greg
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-11-28 11:42

Stephen -- any word on whether the engineers have this on their R&D plan? Many would like to have the same "two" controller capability that the original Mavic series has. A big step back for instruction and other uses.
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

K5Greg Posted at 1-14 15:04
Stephen -- any word on whether the engineers have this on their R&D plan? Many would like to have the same "two" controller capability that the original Mavic series has. A big step back for instruction and other uses.

Hello and good day K5Greg. I will follow up this information to our DJI R&D Team. Once I have there reply I will be sending you a notification regarding this information. Thank you for your patience and support.
2019-1-14
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

Thanks for sharing..
2019-1-21
Use props
K5Greg
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-14 15:22
Hello and good day K5Greg. I will follow up this information to our DJI R&D Team. Once I have there reply I will be sending you a notification regarding this information. Thank you for your patience and support.

Stephen -- did you hear anything back from the R&D team? A lot of requests out there to make the second controller an option similar to the functionality/feature in the original Mavic series.
2019-1-23
Use props
K5Greg
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-14 15:22
Hello and good day K5Greg. I will follow up this information to our DJI R&D Team. Once I have there reply I will be sending you a notification regarding this information. Thank you for your patience and support.

Stephen -- was there any reply from the R&D team?
2019-2-13
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

K5Greg Posted at 2-13 11:58
Stephen -- was there any reply from the R&D team?

Bumping this, would also be interested
2019-2-20
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Agree.

Much needed for a product with  'pro' suffix.
2019-2-21
Use props
K5Greg
lvl.2
United States

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 2-20 23:28
Bumping this, would also be interested

No response from Stephen... can any DJI moderator give an update or at least pass the high interest from users on multiple Mavic2 forums for adding this feature -- as originally promised in the first sevreal versions of ops manuals - to the M2 series?
2019-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules