Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Ronin-S Firmware Released(2018/11/29)
15978 35 2018-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview
  • Date:        2018.11.29
  • Firmware:        v1.7.0.60
  • Ronin App iOS:        v1.1.6
  • Ronin App Android:        v1.1.6
  • DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin (PC):        v2.0.0
  • DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin (Mac):        v2.0.0
  • User Manual:        v1.2

What’s New?

• Fixed the occasional issue when using shutter control for Canon EOS 5D Mark IV cameras where the camera froze, and the issue where the shutter control was disconnected after initializing video recording mode.
  • Fixed the issue where the focus wheel could not reverse the control orientation.
  • Fixed other minor bugs.

Notes:
  • Ensure that the Ronin App is the latest version when updating the firmware.
  • Leave the Ronin-S turned off and update the firmware through the DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin by connecting the USB-C port on the Ronin-S to your computer. Then proceed with the firmware update. Do not disconnect the gimbal from the computer while updating.
  • After the update is complete, unplug the USB-C cable from the Ronin-S and proceed to turn on the gimbal.
  • If the Ronin-S has a camera attached and is turned on while updating the firmware, make sure to protect the camera and lens as the motors will shut off during the update.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart the Ronin-S and retry.

2018-11-29
Use props
Dnorton
lvl.2
Ireland

Has the Nikon D800 shutter issues being fixed on this firmware update?
2018-11-29
Use props
New
United States

Updates on Sony Alpha series (A7III)? Need focus control as soon as possible.
2018-11-29
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49954 ft
United Kingdom

Canon 5D4 now seems to power up in video mode without Err 70 message.  Only ongoing issue I see now is the Ronin S record button does not trigger AF when half pressed, it does start the light meter and for a split second sometimes will turn the AF box from grey to white but it does not trigger AF, if you half press the shutter button on the camera it locks AF immediately and the box or AF points turn green as they should.
Are DJI aware of this issue, I have included it in emails and messages before?
2018-11-30
Use props
YT Zero Studio
New
Flight distance : 1509 ft
Malaysia

Any update about IS Shutter Control for Nikon D5500?
Thanks!
2018-11-30
Use props
slickshooter
lvl.1
United States

The video advises that the unit be turned OFF during the update.  The update software tells me to ensure that the unit is powered ON.  Which is it?
2018-11-30
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49954 ft
United Kingdom

Ive always had both the battery and the Ronin OFF, then open the app (in my case Mac as the PC ver does not find my Ronin :S) connect the Ronin and update as needed.
2018-12-1
Use props
Barsonax
New

Netherlands

But when is the focus wheel finally gonna work with sony camera's? Wanting to buy a ronin but without focus control its a unusable unfinished product.
2018-12-1
Use props
Scooby Doo
lvl.1

Ukraine

I wonder what will be the official premiere?
2018-12-3
Use props
Pi-314
lvl.1
United States

Let it be known that the 1dx mark2 does not have an IR receiver and will not work with the IR plug DJI  supplies.
2018-12-4
Use props
Ricardo Alba
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95502 ft
Brazil

Hi DJI, I'd like to have an update to manually adjust the sensitivity of the focus wheel, for some lens it's really slow to pull focus while others it's too fast, it would be amazing if you could do it.
2018-12-4
Use props
thomas mappbe
New

Vietnam

I am impressed by this update as it improves stability and image quality when taking long exposure shots in Timelapse and MotionLapse.
2018-12-6
Use props
fans811fe497
New
United States

What are the chances the Canon 80D will have roll focus soon?
2018-12-11
Use props
stellamartin
New

Pakistan

Any update about Shutter Control for Canon D90?
2018-12-14
Use props
Michael Miami Sweden
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24199 ft
  • >>>
United States

Posted wrong, Sorry
2018-12-16
Use props
fansa605563a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11778 ft
United States

slickshooter Posted at 11-30 16:47
The video advises that the unit be turned OFF during the update.  The update software tells me to ensure that the unit is powered ON.  Which is it?

Turned Off when doing update. Just plug it in and open the DJI Assistant app on your PC/MAC. You don't want power to the motors just incase it starts to spin out of control.
2018-12-17
Use props
thomas mappbe
New

Vietnam

thomas mappbe Posted at 12-6 07:17
I am impressed by this update as it improves stability and image quality when taking long exposure shots in Timelapse and MotionLapse.

Have you tried downloading more RAM for your computer? I tried downloading more ram here: downloadram.net it makes my camera's memory better!
2018-12-19
Use props
haell
lvl.4
Sweden

I've been using the newest firmware with the Sony A7RIII and  the DJI Focus Motor, and so far I have had no real issues as long as I've balanced the gimbal as thoroughly as possible.
My general impression overall is that the system stability and usability has increased since I first received the Ronin-S early November.

I say good job DJI devs! I'm looking forward to see what you bring in the next release!

My only remark is the activation of the calibration of the Focus Motor through the Focus wheel multi-function button interface can be improved upon slightly. It does not always activate when I want it to - but perhaps that it is user error related, and perhaps something like a more in-depth user manual could solve that.
2018-12-19
Use props
Spruce_Moose
lvl.2
Australia

Any update on the half-press of the record button being able to be used to acquire focus while filming in MF on the Sony?
2018-12-21
Use props
yogafilm38
lvl.2
Austria

I own a Sony A7iii and bought the correct cable.
On a positive note I am very happy to be able to trigger record and do spot autofocus. It only works when recording is not running but it is helpful. Thank you.

Since there is a focus wheel on the Ronin-S of course I am a little disappointed because zooming is as useless to me as it is to anyone else.

I would like to suggest that maybe it can be an option to have the focus wheel just change the aperture (or shutter or iso) instead.
Sometimes you have too less light or sometimes you want to have more depth of field.
Reaching up to the camera on the gimbal is always a stressful endeavour.

Being able to have that on the gimbal itself (even when it works only when recording is stopped) definitely creates some value for most people.
Maybe the button on the focus wheel could be used to change between the 3 functions or change to a second function then pressed while turning the wheel.
I would be already happy with even just the aperture.

Best Regards

2018-12-21
Use props
Spruce_Moose
lvl.2
Australia

yogafilm38 Posted at 12-21 14:53
I own a Sony A7iii and bought the correct cable.
On a positive note I am very happy to be able to trigger record and do spot autofocus. It only works when recording is not running but it is helpful. Thank you.

"being able to do spot autofocus"?? When filming in AFC, which is the only option this Ronin half press button works in, the camera automatically autofocuses anyway so no need for the button. Unless I'm missing something here?
2018-12-21
Use props
yogafilm38
lvl.2
Austria

Spruce_Moose Posted at 12-21 14:59
"being able to do spot autofocus"?? When filming in AFC, which is the only option this Ronin half press button works in, the camera automatically autofocuses anyway so no need for the button. Unless I'm missing something here?

Yes, I meant that it works well. And said thanks for this update.

But I also suggested a feature to change aperture or shutter DJI might be able to implement for the focus wheel.
2018-12-22
Use props
Spruce_Moose
lvl.2
Australia

yogafilm38 Posted at 12-22 11:53
Yes, I meant that it works well. And said thanks for this update.

But I also suggested a feature to change aperture or shutter DJI might be able to implement for the focus wheel.

Oh i meant that you said you are happy to be able to trigger the spot autofocus when using the ronin record button but it's actually a pointless feature as the only way to use it is to be in AFC mode which the camera is already hunting for a focus point without having to push the button. I was just surprised that you were giving praise to a currently useless function. I'm still waiting for an option to use it in MF.
2018-12-22
Use props
yogafilm38
lvl.2
Austria

Spruce_Moose Posted at 12-22 22:56
Oh i meant that you said you are happy to be able to trigger the spot autofocus when using the ronin record button but it's actually a pointless feature as the only way to use it is to be in AFC mode which the camera is already hunting for a focus point without having to push the button. I was just surprised that you were giving praise to a currently useless function. I'm still waiting for an option to use it in MF.

I would love for the manual focus to work, don't get me wrong. I wanted to say thank because there actually is some progress with the firmware and cable that makes it very usable for me. But it is not a totally satisfying solution.

In my case due to my cam settings it does not hunt autofocus automatically. I currently use a MC-11 converted Canon lens that is very bad with AF anyways. Only usable to have one shot AF set painfully slow and then run around with that setting. If it was hunting always it would never find the subject most of the time.

However, I will use a 55 1.8 with great AF capabilities from now on and then I might see it the same way as you.
2018-12-24
Use props
Thangnguyen
lvl.1
Vietnam

Hello DJI,
We, our media team in Vietnam, we recognize that all the ronin S are less responsive in underslung mode, more important, when we pan counterclockwise they move slower than clockwise.
We hope you could check it and fix that in the next update.
Thank you.
2018-12-31
Use props
fans80a418af
New
Flight distance : 12907 ft
India

Ronin s update downlond
2019-1-10
Use props
fans80a418af
New
Flight distance : 12907 ft
India

Dji Ronin s update downlond
2019-1-10
Use props
djames
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1445374 ft
United Kingdom

Just bought the Ronin S, looks amazing, setup really straight foreward compared to my previous gimbal BUT, none of the cables that plug into my Sony A7Riii work!! Had to google why and found I have to buy another cable for £17, PLUS £15 postage!!! Seriously DJI that is taking the mickey!! Now I have a tainted view of the product and DJI!
2019-1-31
Use props
FebriKrist
lvl.1
Indonesia

I was tried IR cable to Nikon D7100 and Nikon D3400, but I can not start / stop video.. please, give me solution, thank..
2019-2-14
Use props
fanse75df8f7
New
United States

I now own 3 of your products ROnin-M, Ronin-S and Phantom 4 Pro how long before I can get proper usage from the thousands of dollars I've Spent? Both Roniuns have problems. Ronin-S does not Pan Properly with perfect balance and Latest Firmware.
2019-2-16
Use props
Marco Pereira
New

Portugal

Focus for fujifilm?
2019-2-19
Use props
neon stian
New
United States

When will the focus wheel work with Canon 1Dxmkii ?

Did DJI give up on this develpment??
2019-2-22
Use props
Chingiz Llayev
New

Germany

Hello, dear DJI team.
I have a Ronin s (also ronin m), a few days ago we was filming music video, and we saw that the video is shaky on the sides, it looks like it shakes from side to side.
Ronin S is perfectly balanced, and balance test show ‘excellent’ and we use autotune, and we have a latest firmware.
The camera is Sony a7iii and 16-35/2.8 lens.
What we can do? Should we wait for new firmware where you will fix this problem or it’s a problem with our ronin, and we should send it to repair?
Thank you in advance.
MARCHINI STUDIO PRODUCTION
2019-3-10
Use props
JGracia
lvl.1
Mexico

when it will be the day that the update for Z6 comes out, many months have passed !!!
2019-3-13
Use props
youtube.com/rtrrey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 848038 ft
Canada

When is the new app and firmware update coming up for our Ronin S? We should have the same type of perks for the Ronin SC user interface, modes, active track, FPV, and much more since we payed a lot more than Ronin SC. If you look at the used online equipments on sales has increase for the Ronin S and I'm sure the sales will decrease as well. Firmware update and new app for the Ronin S users should have been first prioirity before the new release for The Ronin SC.

2019-7-17
Use props
Einfachlaurenz
lvl.1
Sweden

I agree to you @yoube.com/rtrrey.

To DJI, any news about firmware update for compatability with EOS M50?
2019-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules