External Mic Adapter Same as USB-C > 3.5mm?
19297 62 2018-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf48d1cdf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 208589 ft
United States

So irritating that months after its release, we still can't use external audio. This device has disappointed me in so many ways (including crashing regularly during timelapse, and not charging with other USB-C cables). My guess is DJI is purposely enforcing proprietary accessories, in which case I will question every using them again... Especially bad if you haven't released your own version of the accessory.
2019-2-7
Use props
Mark Omaco
New

Russia

zoom Posted at 1-18 19:42
Heres another USB-C  to 3.5mm Audio with support for OP looks like its also a USB-C splitter
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Type-C-To-3-5mm-Audio-Adapter-External-Wireless-Microphone-For-DJI-Osmo-POCKET-A/392206795725?hash=item5b5158c3cd:m:mMIp86jAQic70F5sEaicBZA:rk:5:pf:1

Not Work!!!!!
2019-2-13
Use props
djiuser_jS3omaclFW3U
New
United States

djiuser_useAQR0LqmBy Posted at 2018-11-30 08:44
Cool. Guessing a normal USBC > 3.5mm one will work. The one I've got has another port so you can still charge the phone with it plugged in. Wonder if that will work...

I haven’t found one that works.
2019-2-25
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-11-30 08:17
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. The 3.5 mm adapter is a USB-type C, you may refer to this link for more information. As of the time being, the 3.5mm adapter is currently not available. Also, the new Osmo does not support a Tripod. Kindly visit the website for future updates. Thank you for your support.

[view_image]

What can POSSIBLY be taking so long to introduce a USB-C to 3.5mm adapter? I mean, how hard can this be to design and manufacture?
2019-2-26
Use props
nianeko3
lvl.4
Japan

If DJI open the inner line connection, it is possible to make the adapter.
2019-2-26
Use props
mj's
lvl.2
Indonesia

dmwierz Posted at 2-26 06:29
What can POSSIBLY be taking so long to introduce a USB-C to 3.5mm adapter? I mean, how hard can this be to design and manufacture?

This!   

Due to the basic nature of a usb-c to 3.5mm DAC, it is absolutely ridiculous that a manufacture; in China no less,  can't get the microphone adapter out quicker than three months.

The OSMO has one thing going for it... portability.  The idea that I'm forced to carry my Zoom recorder with me along with the OSMO defeats its one purpose.  If I'm going to have to carry a bag anyway, why the heck would I use the inferior osmo camera when I could just carry the DSLR?  

This is first and foremost a video device... you'd think they'd have focused on allowing better audio from the start.  

I've been traveling in Thailand, Bali and Cambodia for the past two months using the Osmo Pocket... everyone that see it ask about it.  Based on this mic issue along with the focus pumping , I've told at least 100 people not to even think about buying one until version 2 comes out in a year.  

Matt

2019-2-26
Use props
MennoH
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75118 ft
Netherlands

A MIC adapter on the front of osmo, where you lightning adapter goes, would be the best right?
2019-2-27
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

MennoH Posted at 2-27 07:25
A MIC adapter on the front of osmo, where you lightning adapter goes, would be the best right?

Not in my opinion. I use my OP with my iPhone and a third-party holder (with a 1/4-20 thread on the bottom and cold shoe on the top), so I wouldn't care for anything that negates the Lightning connector.
2019-2-27
Use props
Chuck_IV
lvl.1
United States

dmwierz Posted at 2-26 06:29

It is very frustrating. Most of their accessories for the OP are impossible to find. It's really making me want to return this thing.

I have only been able to my hands on the wireless adapter so far. I cannot find the wheel anywhere in the states and no, II'm not paying an extra $15 for shipping from DJI for the already overpriced wheel.

Beyond the accessory kit/items in it, where is everything else? The fancy recharging case, the mic adapter, the mounting stick for wider views?

This thing has been out now over 3 months and they still don't have any idea when some of these accessories will be available, if ever.

Come on DJI, you can do better than this.

2019-2-27
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

you make it wrong!
When OP came to market, I bought it in a villlage (electronic dealer), 5km distance.
Wireless modul I ordered from a Chinese dealer - after 14 days I had it (China-Austria)
and 10 days ago I ordered OP wheel ... it's on the way to me. WHERE is a problem?

All other equipment for OP I got also within short time (10-20days) from China, all free shipping.
2019-2-27
Use props
bigbearhk
lvl.2
Hong Kong

iliahi Posted at 2018-12-18 11:19
Osmo Pocket's software seems to need an update for using an external microphone. Without this function in software, there appears to be no way any USB C adapter to TRRS (typical) would work. I find this to also be the problem with some native camera applications in Android - the work around being to use the Cinema FV-5 app, which allows choices of using an external mic, Bluetooth mic, or the phone's built-in mic.

I am totally in for a bluetooth-recording solution, if any. Two of the main reasons I bought OP are its tiny size which causes least harassment to people around and convenience. USB-to-3.5mm solution might improve sound quality but ultimately defides the "size/convenience" raison d'être ............. LOL

(With wind-noise cancellation setting on, TBH, sound recording sucks)

2019-2-28
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

mj's wrote: The OSMO has one thing going for it... portability.

Size matters! My favorite equipment for walking: OP + neck strip.
OP + neck strip + voice recorder (32 GB) fit in glasses case

2019-2-28
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Well it's the last day of February. One of the moderators said we could hear something on the audio Adapter, On the other hand B&H has the Removo K1 on sale for $199.00. Comes with Audio in.

Come on DJI, get your act in order and lets see what accessories you can actually ship.
2019-2-28
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

Who said Feb 28, 2019 ... perhaps end of February 2020, 2021, 2022 ....   
2019-2-28
Use props
GirlyGamer
lvl.1

Australia

Any word on the OP mic adapter yet? I've bought and tested pretty much every available one off Amazon and none of them work. It's highly frustrating and really cuts down what I can use the device for. I just want to connect my little Rode to my little stand and happy days. Any help DJI?
2019-3-5
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

Chuck_IV Posted at 2-27 08:26
It is very frustrating. Most of their accessories for the OP are impossible to find. It's really making me want to return this thing.

I have only been able to my hands on the wireless adapter so far. I cannot find the wheel anywhere in the states and no, II'm not paying an extra $15 for shipping from DJI for the already overpriced wheel.

I agree.  The $15 shipping fee is ridiculous.  Thankfully, I was able to find the wireless module and the controller wheel via the Best Buy website.  I also bought the OP from them.  The accessories randomly come available and get sold out right away so visit the website at different times of the day.  You have the option to pick it up at the store or have it delivered after you place an online order.  I only place an order when I see the item in stock, but you can also order it when is out of stock.   
2019-3-6
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-11-30 08:17
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. The 3.5 mm adapter is a USB-type C, you may refer to this link for more information. As of the time being, the 3.5mm adapter is currently not available. Also, the new Osmo does not support a Tripod. Kindly visit the website for future updates. Thank you for your support.

[view_image]

Hurry the f** up, it's the LEAST COMPLICATED thing you manufacture.
2019-3-6
Use props
russellg
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Upscaleman Posted at 1-15 11:41
There's dozens of "mic tests" with the OP on YouTube and NONE of them work.

dcrainmaker got it to work except he is using a DJI adapter which is not available to us.
2019-3-6
Use props
nianeko3
lvl.4
Japan

If line connection of inside the adapter was showed, we did not need to wait the original adapter so long.
2019-3-6
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

ALL (hundred) dealers show mic adapters combined with OP, but no adapter works.
This dealer is first dealer who writes "truth, nothing but holy truth"

2019-3-7
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I emailed Sales at DJI. Most likely the USA diivision. I was told we would see the adapter in the next 2 weeks. Hopefully this will be true, and hopefully there will be enough to go around.
2019-3-7
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

$/€ 39 ... WOW! It's golden with diamonds!
2019-3-7
Use props
Ern
lvl.3

United Kingdom

BeterBan Posted at 3-7 06:45
ALL (hundred) dealers show mic adapters combined with OP, but no adapter works.
This dealer is first dealer who writes "truth, nothing but holy truth"

I bought this
The USB-C and tripod mount work well - The Mic port as noted does not work - Although my seller did not include the disclaimer !

ern

2019-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules