Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Should I? or Should I not?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dale 68
Captain
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I recently purchased a new proper DJI battery for my Phantom 3 Advanced, I charged it plugged it in and a message came up saying I need to do a Firmware update, the same message shows up with a older battery I've been flying for months, buy the way the new battery flew faultless. On the DJI download page the version it's offering is 1.11.20 as of 06/07/2017Is this the newest version?

My current version is 1.5.30+
3.1.46 on the Go app (no available update for this)
Thanks

2018-11-30
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

My AC FW version is also 1.5.30+.  It's the one that came with my P3P.  I never updated it although I get advised to update all the time.  My understanding is, there is a risk the battery will turn itself off mid-flight if it was launched cold.  I always pre-warm my batteries so I don't care about that.  My P3P flies like a dream.  But I'm not sure if my P3P FW is the same as your P3A FW.  Good luck
2018-11-30
Use props
T3rdEye
Captain
Flight distance : 221844 ft
United States

Not sure but I believe this is what you need to do...
The new battery needs to be updated (or compatible) to the version that your AC is at now.  If you still have the old version 1.5.30+ file , put it in your bird and then put in the new battery. It should update the smart battery then.

Has anyone else tried this?
2018-11-30
Use props
Dale 68
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

T3rdEye Posted at 11-30 12:03
Not sure but I believe this is what you need to do...
The new battery needs to be updated (or compatible) to the version that your AC is at now.  If you still have the old version 1.5.30+ file , put it in your bird and then put in the new battery. It should update the smart battery then.

Unfortunately I lost quite a bit of stuff from my computer when it decided to go bang last week, so no bin file.
2018-11-30
Use props
T3rdEye
Captain
United States

Dale 68 Posted at 11-30 12:14
Unfortunately I lost quite a bit of stuff from my computer when it decided to go bang last week, so no bin file.

Dale 68,
Look in the archived firmware section at Phantom Help.
Make sure you're on the phantom 3 advanced page..

archived Firmware
http://www.phantomhelp.com/Phantom-3-Advanced/
2018-11-30
Use props
T3rdEye
Captain
United States

Dale 68 Posted at 11-30 12:14

Dale 68,
Look in the archived firmware section at Phantom Help.
Make sure you're on the phantom 3 advanced page..

http://www.phantomhelp.com/Phantom-3-Advanced/
2018-11-30
Use props
Dale 68
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Far to complicated for me, Isn't there anywhere you can just get the actual Bin File?
2018-12-1
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Azerbaijan

Dale 68 Posted at 12-1 00:13
Far to complicated for me, Isn't there anywhere you can just get the actual Bin File?

???? Nothing simpler .... go to Phantomhelp ... scroll down the listing till you get to the FW and download ...

Load it to your SD card root .... stick it back in the AC ... power up and its done !!!!

Its no harder than transferring video file from the card to PC !
BUT YOU DON'T NEED IT ... its not the battery at fault ... you are being told to update the system FW ...

1.11.20 is the latest version unless you get ESC errors ... then you need request DJI moderators here to give you link to download 1.11.30 ...

But your FW is fine ... don't fix what is not broke.

Nigel

2018-12-1
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Here's a table of attenuation changes with different FWs you might find interesting and useful - this is for the P3P fw and of course this only applies to the air-side

credit:  quaddamage on pp
2018-12-1
Use props
Dale 68
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

solentlife Posted at 12-1 00:29
???? Nothing simpler .... go to Phantomhelp ... scroll down the listing till you get to the FW and download ...

Load it to your SD card root .... stick it back in the AC ... power up and its done !!!!

My mistake, I scrolled down about half way untill I got to the Firmware bit but the links just sent me to YouTube videos, so I've just scrolled down to the bottom and there it is, just me being impatient. 1.5.30+ isn't on the list anyway.
2018-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules