Black Friday delivery problems?
3809 13 2018-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DanW55
lvl.2
United States

Just wondering if anyone else is having delviery problems from Black Friday weekend? I ordered a Mavic 2 Zoom w/RE Goggles and DJI Care on Cyber Monday, got the order confirmation and a FedEx tracking number for a label supposedly printed on 11/27 with expected delivery on 11/29. My CC has been charged. Get an email 11/28 saying my DJI Care will take affect 11/29 but as of today (11/30) the FedEx tracking still shows the Mavic hasn't left their warehouse. Online chat support was no help and basically told me to just wait until there was an update to the tracking info.

Thoughts?
2018-11-30
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

mine seamed slow compared to other DHL stuff I've had delivered over time from other company's, ordered and sent out the same day but that's all been shipped by air,, my DJI drone and another 2 orders from DJI was ordered over black Friday that was also shipped by DHL but was shipped by road  and a lot slower, I think DJI ship by road because you get free shipping so slower and cheaper for them, orders came from the UK warehouse and shipped to Sweden, I don't know where you are but no pickups over the weekend so I had a tracking number but the items were not picked up until Monday.
2018-11-30
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Good luck with the delivery.  I really like my Zoom.

But be aware that folks are having issues with the goggles and both models of the Mavic 2.  There seem to be flight distance and/or interference issues reported.  I don't have googles.
2018-11-30
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

Wonder if they have not been swamped due to the holidays coming up on top of the Cyber Monday/Black Friday stuff. Does seem odd to have a tracking number for that long that hasn't been updated. FedEx is usualy pretty good at that. Hopefuly one of the DJI mod's pops in here and can give you some better clarification on what is happening. Also congrats on the Mavic 2 Zoom.
2018-11-30
Use props
DanW55
lvl.2
United States

ff22 Posted at 11-30 08:38
Good luck with the delivery.  I really like my Zoom.

But be aware that folks are having issues with the goggles and both models of the Mavic 2.  There seem to be flight distance and/or interference issues reported.  I don't have googles.

Thanks.

I am aware of the Goggle issue. Worst case I'll use them with the USB cable to the controller until there's a fix.
2018-11-30
Use props
DanW55
lvl.2
United States

HedsIc Posted at 11-30 08:55
Wonder if they have not been swamped due to the holidays coming up on top of the Cyber Monday/Black Friday stuff. Does seem odd to have a tracking number for that long that hasn't been updated. FedEx is usualy pretty good at that. Hopefuly one of the DJI mod's pops in here and can give you some better clarification on what is happening. Also congrats on the Mavic 2 Zoom.

What bothers me is I'm not so sure this is a FedEx thing. A label has been printed but pulling up the tracking info there's no indication the package was ever picked up. The only entry is "Tuesday , 11/27/20181:29 pm
Shipment information sent to FedEx". No pickup scan. Initially there was a projected delivery date of 11/29. Now it only says "Scheduled delivery: Pending".

It's possible DJI does something other high volume shippers do which is load packages on their own truck and then deliver to the nearest FedEx hub. At this point, answers aren't forthcoming.
2018-11-30
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

DanW55 Posted at 11-30 10:04
What bothers me is I'm not so sure this is a FedEx thing. A label has been printed but pulling up the tracking info there's no indication the package was ever picked up. The only entry is "Tuesday , 11/27/20181:29 pm
Shipment information sent to FedEx". No pickup scan. Initially there was a projected delivery date of 11/29. Now it only says "Scheduled delivery: Pending".

I know with DHL people was having tracking number issues and it was discovered that DJI was shipping multiple orders on crates which where listed under a separate tracking number. Their tracking number didn't become active until several days later when the crate was broken down and the individual orders sent on their spate ways...  I am not sure if they do that same thing with FedEx though.
2018-11-30
Use props
DanW55
lvl.2
United States

Well whaddya know. Just got an update from FedEx-

Tuesday, 11/27/2018  1:29 pm  Shipment information sent to FedEx
Friday, 11/30/2018  3:15 pm AUSTELL,  GA Arrived at FedEx location

Guess I'll have 51 weeks of DJI care...

Can't help but wonder where it would be if I hadn't contacted support.

2018-11-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DanW55 Posted at 11-30 12:28
Well whaddya know. Just got an update from FedEx-

Tuesday, 11/27/2018  1:29 pm  Shipment information sent to FedEx

Hi DanW55, the shipping status might be delayed due to a large number of orders during the Black Friday promotion period. It takes some time to arrive at your address. As for the DJI Care Refresh, please contact us once you received the package, we'll arrange for you. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2018-11-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

raven swe Posted at 11-30 08:34
mine seamed slow compared to other DHL stuff I've had delivered over time from other company's, ordered and sent out the same day but that's all been shipped by air,, my DJI drone and another 2 orders from DJI was ordered over black Friday that was also shipped by DHL but was shipped by road  and a lot slower, I think DJI ship by road because you get free shipping so slower and cheaper for them, orders came from the UK warehouse and shipped to Sweden, I don't know where you are but no pickups over the weekend so I had a tracking number but the items were not picked up until Monday.

Hi raven swe, just to verify, have you received the package? If not, please kindly provide us with your order number, we'd like to check the exact status and help you get an update.
2018-11-30
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

Hi Susan,, mine 3 orders have all arrived now thanks.
2018-12-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

raven swe Posted at 12-1 00:18
Hi Susan,, mine 3 orders have all arrived now thanks.

That's great! Wish you have a nice weekend!
2018-12-1
Use props
DanW55
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-30 19:51
Hi DanW55, the shipping status might be delayed due to a large number of orders during the Black Friday promotion period. It takes some time to arrive at your address. As for the DJI Care Refresh, please contact us once you received the package, we'll arrange for you. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

It's just a relief knowing it's on it's way and not still stuck in limbo somewhere. I already have a case open regarding the DJI Care Refresh and will let that contact (Kristopher) know when it does arrive and hopefully adjust the coverage.

Thanks all for the moral support,
Dan
2018-12-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

DanW55 Posted at 12-1 04:53
It's just a relief knowing it's on it's way and not still stuck in limbo somewhere. I already have a case open regarding the DJI Care Refresh and will let that contact (Kristopher) know when it does arrive and hopefully adjust the coverage.

Thanks all for the moral support,

Dan, we apologize again for the inconvenience caused, please let us know if you have further concern, hope you will receive it soon.
2018-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules