Yellow No Fly Zones.
549 2 2018-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
walttheartist
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46696 ft
Canada

I feel it necessary to post a complaint with DJI.

I’m very disappointed in DJI’s interference with their customer’s sense of responsibility. I find the way you have taken it upon yourselves to arbitrarily police No Fly Zones, very intrusive and draconian. The job of administering local regulations is the responsibility of local authorities and not that of DJI. I realize there are flyers (and car drivers) who ignore safe practices, but the majority don’t. Flying and driving limitations and restrictions should take the majority into account first. Let the local authorities handle the others.

On a further note: Constantly applying for “DJI’s permission” to fly in Yellow No Fly Zones is very bothersome. Most of the time, applying for a 24 hour permit doesn’t work smoothly and has to be repeated several times. Very annoying. And then there’s the matter of not having a Wi-Fi link in the field, where I can’t apply. If you must police NFZ, at least make the process more convenient for your customers. At present, I have to fill in the same answers over and over again. Let me fill in the NFZ application just once, in my DJI on-line account. After all I’m not going to be responsible in one Yellow NFZ and not in another.

All this said, if I had known about this bothersome NFZ business beforehand, I’m sure I would have done business with another manufacturer.

2018-11-30
Use props
walttheartist
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46696 ft
Canada

On second thought, storing the NFZ application answers on DJI's on-line forum is not a good idea because I still need a Wi-Fi connection to verify the information. What if I'm out of Wi-Fi range? The NFZ application info should be stored on the Drone or the RC.
2018-11-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi walttheartist, we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. For NFZ issue, you are recommended to write an email to flysafe@dji.com, the designated team will check and help you out. If you encounter any difficulties during the progress, please contact us with your ticket number, we'd like to help.
2018-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules