Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How much do you use the new Mavic's Obstacle Avoidance Features?
815 9 2018-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pedro Castelani
First Officer

Argentina

Some of the biggest differences between the old Mavic Pro and the new Mavic 2 Pro are the camera, gimbal, battery, speed, obstacle avoidance, etc. Probably the greatest one is the last, the almost 360 degrees Obstacle Avoidance features. Unlike its DJI predecesors, which usually only had forward, downward and backward sensor systems, this new drone comes with cameras and infrared sensors all over its body, being able to detect and stop or fly around most objects in its way. So, how much are you using your new drone's amazing capabilities? Are you a proffesional who uses the sensors to make better footage in complicated places, or are you a beginner that uses them to avoid crashing into anything because you are still new to flying?
2018-11-30
Use props
M Stuart K
First Officer
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did not use it on my older mavic pro and I do not use it on my MP2.  However; is is useful with active track features.
2018-11-30
Use props
Fraggboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

I personally don’t rely on the sensors. They are not 100% accurate and fail. The only drone I truly loves was my Typhoon H with intel RealSense.  That avoidance system is very accurate, including small branches!
2018-11-30
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have never used it on any of my drones, I could have used it on my P4 before it went down the river and gone forever that was completely my fault(never fly blind under a bridge)
2018-11-30
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have never used it. But glad to know it's there.
2018-11-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Always switch it off.
2018-12-1
Use props
Charissa
Captain
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

So far, not used it at all, for Mavic Air, and Mavic Pro 2.
2018-12-1
Use props
Jannistmb
First Officer
Flight distance : 516161 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I have used them  with the MP2 flying inside in a forest with active track.I can say the experience was amazing the vision systems worked very well.
2018-12-1
Use props
wjtve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75121 ft
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 11-30 18:50
I have never used it on any of my drones, I could have used it on my P4 before it went down the river and gone forever that was completely my fault(never fly blind under a bridge)

DItto - Lost one in the water
2018-12-1
Use props
Pedro Castelani
First Officer

Argentina

Sorry for those who lost their drones . Great flying those who don't usually use them, since they can generate an overconfidence in these systems and make it hard to fly without them when they are not available or using S-mode for higher speeds.
Besides, it is quite hard to pass from flying a drone with 360 obstacle avoidance to one that doesn´t, so its good to be accustomed to this kind of flight.
2018-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules