Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Latest FW .0300 killed most of our TB50 batteries
9617 86 2018-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Airking Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3228383 ft
Argentina

fansc8d6097c Posted at 2-27 15:52
Has anyone had success after the updates.  Or has anyone heard from DJI if they are still having issues.

This same issue is happening to us.  We had 7 sets all become faulty on the same day in April 2018.  We shelved those sets and purchase new ones.

We are still having the issue. Couldn´t you claim the batteries as under warranty? Our problem was that batteries older than six months old had this issue right after updating to .0300. We could not claim anything regarding those batteries. We are still trying to get newer batteries replaced under warranty and it seems that they will recognize some of them.
And we have the promise of a fix in next FW. I could send the .dat log to DJI engineers to analyse the issue.
2019-2-27
Use props
Kiko977
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5308202 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Any solution? :-(
2019-3-6
Use props
Airking Pilot
Second Officer
Argentina

Hi
Not yet. The promise is a fix in next FW
But yours seems to be a different issue. In our case, we have a readout of voltage and times charged
Could be dirty control pins? (or damaged) If you swap places of batteries keep you getting the same in the same battery?
In our case, if we charge the battery, fill ups just right, but it jumps from 90% to 0% in one second.
2019-3-6
Use props
Dreamer1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7801565 ft
United States

Two of my TB-50 sets went bad as well. They charge up just fine and hold the charge-5 minutes into the flight, they both read critically low and have to land immediately.  Firmware is up to date.  

I also have two other sets that are closer to being new and they are starting to bulge out. After spending that much money with DJI on batteries just to have them go bad and DJI not recognize the defect is very sad. I'm surprised they are still in business with that type of product and service...

Yes, i'm very diligent on taking care of my batteries as it's my main profession. They are stored correctly EVERY TIME-never over drained, never dropped, charged up then unplugged right away etc. Does not matter how good i take care of them, they still have problems.

2019-3-8
Use props
Airking Pilot
Second Officer
Argentina

Dreamer1 Posted at 3-8 20:04
Two of my TB-50 sets went bad as well. They charge up just fine and hold the charge-5 minutes into the flight, they both read critically low and have to land immediately.  Firmware is up to date.  

I also have two other sets that are closer to being new and they are starting to bulge out. After spending that much money with DJI on batteries just to have them go bad and DJI not recognize the defect is very sad. I'm surprised they are still in business with that type of product and service...

Welcome to the club.  If they are still under warranty run to make a claim for them. Unfortunately the number is small compared to all of the batteries that are performing OK, so we will not have a propper answer. I sent the .dat to DJI engineers to analyse the¡ issue. They promised to fix the issue in the next FW. Meanwhile we keep those batteries far from the Inspire...
2019-3-12
Use props
Dreamer1
lvl.3
United States

I'm having this issue with next to new batteries! I've only had them for a few months now. They should not be ding this at $160/battery. Two sets in the past week have started reading 0% though they are fully charged. What the heck is going on!?
received_533990027437156.jpeg
2019-10-29
Use props
Dreamer1
lvl.3
United States

Airking Pilot Posted at 2018-12-5 18:35
We sent those batteries to another drone we have running 01.010.0100. The same thing. 0%
As everything points to the batteries, and we lost ten batteries in one week, we just want DJI to support customers who have spent thousands of dollars in their equipment and replace the batteries. It´s fair. Most of them are out of the six months warranty period, but everything points to faulty batteries. Even one pair that was purchased in August failed the same way: 0%.
I agree to this. If everyone is having this issue with batteries they should be either recalled and replaced by
DJI
Or credit given for knowingly selling faulty batteries. This feels like a law suit if they don't correct the issue. I've spent way too much money on batteries just to have them only last for 50 charges.
2019-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules