Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Best Phone / Screen to use???
2571 29 2018-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jaydaw76
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi all, Just bought myself a Mavic Air Fly More Combo for Crimbo..
Currently got an iPhone 6 I can use with it, however, looking for suggestions on best screen / device to use with it.
Ideally looking for a slightly bigger screen.
iPhone Plus etc etc....

2018-11-30
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can find a list of recommended and commonly used mobile devices here:

Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily)
2018-11-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Please refer to the attached image below for the best-recommended device that you can use to your Mavic Air. If there's any other question, please don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help you. Thanks for your support.

2018-11-30
Use props
Jaydaw76
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi,
Thanks for the list of compatible devices, however I was hoping to get some user feedback on personal experiences.
Do people find the iPhone 6 screen to small?
Is a tablet to large?
What do you use and why??
2018-11-30
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
First Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

I use a 6s+ in the holder and it works great.. although more realestate is always good for seeing smaller hazards etc

I also use an original iPad air in a tablet bracket...

both devices could be brighter..

I have some apps side loaded on a kindle fire 8 .. seems to work ok but its probably pushing it.. processor wise.. again.. could be brighter

some have said to get a cheap huawei phone as they are less than 100 bucks and have really bright screens.. don't have one .. can't comment
2018-11-30
Use props
Jaydaw76
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks for your info.. Will have a look at the Huawei ones too.
2018-11-30
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been using an iPad Mini 4. It works well.
2018-11-30
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-30 13:27
Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Please refer to the attached image below for the best-recommended device that you can use to your Mavic Air. If there's any other question, please don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help you. Thanks for your support.

[view_image]

You mean you can find the information in the manual?
2018-11-30
Use props
Jaydaw76
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Lucas775 Posted at 11-30 18:10
You mean you can find the information in the manual?

It's under the Christmas tree, so no.....
However as above, I'm was looking for personal recommendations / experiences rather than a list of compatible devices.
2018-11-30
Use props
Boffin
First Officer
Australia

These also work quite well, screen is bright but you need a tablet holder. Lenovo Tab 4-8Plus

Not on DJI's list yet but as they run pure Android with minimum manufacturer's overlays they are hassle free (mine is anyway). As with most Android devices, they do drain the r/c battery but not enough to be an issue.

No disconnects ever in 11 months use though I did replace the DJI side cable for a good quality coiled cable to the bottom of the r/c  Coiled USB cable
It's a pity that DJI have not tested these tabs as they are excellent value for money imho
2018-11-30
Use props
Jaydaw76
lvl.2
United Kingdom

FatherXmas Posted at 11-30 17:40
I've been using an iPad Mini 4. It works well.

Thanks, I've got an old iPad air or mini somewhere I could use.
Do you need to by an extra mount for the iPad??
2018-11-30
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jaydaw76 Posted at 11-30 18:59
However as above, I'm was looking for personal recommendations / experiences rather than a list of compatible devices.

Why didn't you say so, I use my ipone 6plus and now iphone 7 and also use an ipad pro hoping to use the ipad 12.7 in the near future.
2018-11-30
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jaydaw76 Posted at 11-30 19:03
Thanks, I've got an old iPad air or mini somewhere I could use.
Do you need to by an extra mount for the iPad??

Nothing extra for the Mini 4. You will for anything bigger.
2018-12-1
Use props
Alex B.
Captain
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I use an iPad Air 2 and I’m very happy with it, it runs the app perfectly and the screen is big so I can see everything clearly.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-1
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

7Plus is superb device for the MA or any DJI for that matter.
2018-12-1
Use props
M4VERICK8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500528 ft
Brazil

Here, mini 4.  Mini 1 you can’t install Djigo4. Not compatible anymore. Just to you know
2018-12-1
Use props
Jaydaw76
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks for all the info...
No doubt I'll have more questions between now and Christmas..
2018-12-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

I understand. I hope our valued Customer can share their best recommendation. Again, we highly suggest you use the listed compatible device on our website for you to utilize all the functions of the app to the Mavic Air. Thank you.
2018-12-3
Use props
Bigplumbs
Captain
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is no question the best is an Ipad Mini 3 or 4
2018-12-3
Use props
ShermanFlyer
Captain
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

I just got my Mavic Air and used it a few times with my iPhone 8. I needed something larger as my eyes are not what they used to be
2018-12-4
Use props
ShermanFlyer
Captain
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

I picked up a refurbed iPad min4 on Amazon for $220, fits in the controller and works very well
2018-12-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm using the iPad mini 2 and iPhone 8
2018-12-4
Use props
HendrikJB
Captain
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

My experience is that the most crucial factor to look for is RAM.  Nothing less than 3GB but preferably more than that!!
2018-12-6
Use props
fans28b427e3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 862779 ft
Brazil

It's great with iPad 4
2018-12-7
Use props
Tomcatuk
Captain
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

Not saying its the best but iphone7 or iphoneXS works fine would like to try a mini ipad at some stage...
2018-12-7
Use props
maihem.rc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

Admittedly, this post is basically the same thing I have responded to everyone that asks about getting a cheap tablet.  I did not want to buy an apple product, I have 2 android tablets and an android phone.  That said, get an iPad Mini 4.  Lasts all day and never crashes.  For your own sanity I beg you to avoid anything android to fly a DJI product.  I was fine when I just had my P2V+ with an android device but I got the Spark when it was released and I did not have a single flight without an app crash and usually multiple app crashes during flight.  I was so disappointed until I borrowed a neighbors iPad Mini 4 and it just worked...I bought one that same week and have had absolutely no issues since on any of my DJI quads.
I will make the suggestion that you keep the power button to the left and get a longer connection cable that will reach across the back of everything from the remote to the iPad.  Because I have accidentally hit the power button when located on the right mid flight and shut off the iPad.
You'll need a longer micro USB to Lightning cable to accomplish the connection.  While you can use a USB to lightning cable, these are more functional in my opinion.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I will have to send you a picture later as I don't have things with me at work.
2018-12-7
Use props
DroneGuyEd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

Another option is the CrystalSky device from DJI.  I have a 7.85 unit I use with my P4, which works great in  broad daylight.   I have used it as well with my MA.  Currently I use an iPad Mini 4 with the MA. but plan to get a  5.5 CrystalSky for it at some point.
2018-12-8
Use props
Fisher64
lvl.1
Portugal

Using OnePlus 5T, it's a perfect match.
2018-12-10
Use props
Asimo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1042762 ft
Indonesia

using 6s, good performance, but my phone storage only 16gb so i often use xioami mia1.
in mia1 i don't have problem
2018-12-10
Use props
ScanDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 1026260 ft
United States

I love using my iPad Pro 12.9 (gen 3, 2018), making it so easy to see all details while flying. And it works better than expected even in bright sunlight (Florida sun). Of course a bit bulky, but when using a good mount, in my case LifThorSif, it works excellent. My prior iPad Air (gen 1) very frequently got a warning message about CPU maxed out when flying = I barely dared to use it.
One great thing having a really big screen is I can quickly glance at the screen to see what's going on, and spend more time visually looking at the drone. With my iPhone 8, I had to look much longer at the screen to see what I was doing.
And I reuse the same iPad Pro for video/photo editing and having no issues what so ever to edit using LumaFusion in 4k and Affinity Photo. I went with the 512 GB LTE version, so plenty of space for videos etc.
2018-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules