Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
EMERGENCY SHUT DOWN
13767 25 2018-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Nrpiqg7j52e5
lvl.1

United States

It's my understanding that if one pulls back both sticks down and center, this will shut down the Mavic Pro in flight.  Seems ridiculous to have such a feature on a 5 pound object that can fly. Is there a way to shut this feature off completely?  Maybe I missed something?
2018-11-30
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you don't want to accidentally initiate a CSC mid-flight, then set this setting to "For use in emergencies only":

2018-11-30
Use props
Strobing_NYC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3866470 ft
United States

the ten thousand dollar question! How the hell does the AC know when there is an emergency? I mean really DJI! Can it hear an oncoming helicopter or paraglider and automatically do a CSC Maneuver on its on?
2018-11-30
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

I think it bases it off the sensors and compass etc. If its not moving and sideways it tells the cpu its probsbly crashed and stuck so it auto shuts down the motors. Stuff like that
2018-11-30
Use props
msinger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Strobing_NYC Posted at 11-30 13:46
Can it hear an oncoming helicopter or paraglider and automatically do a CSC Maneuver on its on?

No. If you want to be able to do that manually, then you need to select "CSC Maneuver" instead. If you do that, keep in mind that the motors will always shut down mid-flight when the sticks are moved to the CSC position.
2018-11-30
Use props
Strobing_NYC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3866470 ft
United States

i was joking boys n girls.... mic drop
2018-11-30
Use props
DavidV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101496 ft
United States

just got my Mavic 2 zoom, and because of connection issues, and weather, haven't got a chance to fly yet  Is this for real,  you can accidently shut it off 150' in the air?
2018-11-30
Use props
WONGWAICHOONG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8990 ft

China

well.... this is for emergency ONLY. As we know drone are pretty danger when flying up the air, either be it above the car or people (Sometime you may not want to due to safety purpose), i alway bare in mind how should i stop the motor in case of drop from the air... well this is only ment for emergency... if we were experince flyer, you couldn't be place your stick in either mode as mentioned on the above photos.
2018-11-30
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

you can shut it down intensionally, I have not heard of anyone accidentally shutting it off.
2018-11-30
Use props
msinger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DavidV Posted at 11-30 16:59
just got my Mavic 2 zoom, and because of connection issues, and weather, haven't got a chance to fly yet  Is this for real,  you can accidently shut it off 150' in the air?

Yes, it's for real. See post #2 above if you don't want it to happen to you.
2018-11-30
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

It's not both down and center, it's both down and corners. Known as CSC. It can shut down the motors in flight  but it can also be used to restart the motors if you know what has happened. (there is a video somewhere on this forum) Best of luck with that one!
2018-11-30
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 11-30 18:05
you can shut it down intensionally, I have not heard of anyone accidentally shutting it off.

There is 1 post that I know of where the guy posted his drone crashed for no reason.......

His flight logged showed he shut down the motors by initiating a CSC stick move and held it long enough to shut her down.......sad

Randy
2018-12-1
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 12-1 20:13
There is 1 post that I know of where the guy posted his drone crashed for no reason.......

His flight logged showed he shut down the motors by initiating a CSC stick move and held it long enough to shut her down.......sad

The goddamn contriller beeps for everything else why can’t it start beeping before shutting down motor?
2018-12-1
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 12-1 20:20
The goddamn contriller beeps for everything else why can’t it start beeping before shutting down motor?

That's really not a bad idea.  It should at least beep with very little delay if your sticks get to the CSC position.  That would give you a few seconds to wake up to the stupid move you're attempting that would cause a shutdown/crash.

CSC is a good thing to have on those very rare times when it may save someone from injury or even death.  But, it really should be a dedicated control that can't be accidentally activated.
2018-12-2
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 12-2 12:45
That's really not a bad idea.  It should at least beep with very little delay if your sticks get to the CSC position.  That would give you a few seconds to wake up to the stupid move you're attempting that would cause a shutdown/crash.

CSC is a good thing to have on those very rare times when it may save someone from injury or even death.  But, it really should be a dedicated control that can't be accidentally activated.

personally is should be a steady screech at full volume... everything else beeps.. the screech would warn you that you are being terminally stupid...

2018-12-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

AG0N-Gary Posted at 12-2 12:45

CSC is a good thing to have on those very rare times when it may save someone from injury or even death.  But, it really should be a dedicated control that can't be accidentally activated.

The biggest need for CSC is public safety if you craft was to plunge come down on persons fly into someone on take off, we have seen this in a video in England where a baby in a stroller came into contact with a phantom 3.
Now certainly for me I would think it absolutely ridiculous that I would get a warning of some beeping or screeching before it was to late to switch off motors, CSC is for emergency with beeping first it will most likely be to late.
There are two settings for this probably the safest one is in emergency if there is contact motors will immediately switch off, in my view the safest , I also think they should change Mavic CSC to RTH button and left or right stick down to corner as they have on phantoms.
2018-12-2
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
United States

"Now certainly for me I would think it absolutely ridiculous that I would get a warning of some beeping or screeching before it was to late to switch off motors, CSC is for emergency with beeping first it will most likely be to late."
Perhaps you misunderstood what I meant.  As you know, there is a delay when you apply CSC before it actually takes effect.  I would propose that the instant both sticks went CSC it beeped in realtime to alert you that you've gotten to that point.  That would give you time to release the sticks before the delay time times out and shuts things down (for those doing "stupid" stunts that would accidentally create a CSC moment).  If it really is an emergency, of course you just continue to hold through the delay (ignoring the beep) so it shuts down.

2018-12-2
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 12-2 12:52
personally is should be a steady screech at full volume... everything else beeps.. the screech would warn you that you are being terminally stupid...

I'd have to agree with that too.
2018-12-2
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 12-2 13:32
"Now certainly for me I would think it absolutely ridiculous that I would get a warning of some beeping or screeching before it was to late to switch off motors, CSC is for emergency with beeping first it will most likely be to late."
Perhaps you misunderstood what I meant.  As you know, there is a delay when you apply CSC before it actually takes effect.  I would propose that the instant both sticks went CSC it beeped in realtime to alert you that you've gotten to that point.  That would give you time to release the sticks before the delay time times out and shuts things down (for those doing "stupid" stunts that would accidentally create a CSC moment).  If it really is an emergency, of course you just continue to hold through the delay (ignoring the beep) so it shuts down.

bingo......

whats too late is if you have your sticks in that position for a CSC during normal shooting not realizing it until the bird goes down...

2018-12-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think one should try it , it certainly is not normal shooting unless your digging a hole lol , safest way is to use second option so this cannot occur, put it in your preflight.
2018-12-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 12-2 15:03
bingo......

whats too late is if you have your sticks in that position for a CSC during normal shooting not realizing it until the bird goes down...

Question comes to mind...
Is there anytime a person would really want motors to completely shutdown in mid-flight?

If drone is about to crash into something, it would be best if pilot continued to try to minimize impact vs. killing props and letting drone hit at speed.

If say drone and helicopter were on intersect course, it would be best if pilot tried to change direction and altitude.  Full descent command would initiate faster then going through CSC.  With result being nearly same downward velocity as if props had been fully stopped.  While giving pilot ability to slow descent before impacting ground or even save drone from impacting by commanding for ascent.

Time it seems benificial to have motors completely shutdown with a CSC is after an emergency (drone has detected impact, an emergency).

2018-12-3
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 12-3 06:18
Question comes to mind...
Is there anytime a person would really want motors to completely shutdown in mid-flight?

I have seen a bird to two thrashing around on the ground (not DJI in this case) where the pilot was fumbling around trying to 'fix it' where shutting down would have caused less damage.. but in general I agree that purposely cutting off engines kinda limits your options ...

think is.. not everyone that buys a drone .. at any price point .. is guaranteed to have 'experiance'  and accidentally putting the sticks into cutoff is a possibility..

and while the mavic has a setting to make it 'emergency only' which supposedly keeps you from using it unless the FC thinks there is a reason.. the spark it can't be turned off to my knowledge...

and while I will likely never do it on purpose other than to start motors to take off manually, I can't say my 8yo while flying it isn't going to put the sticks in a 'dumb' position

that said.. there are crazies that like to shut motors down and (try) to start them up again etc.. and for the crowd that wants to leave the ability to have near instant cutoff of CSC at a whim.. a little warning first isn't much overhead to plan in for safety sake with a little noise or shake coming from the controller ..

my 2 cents
2018-12-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 12-3 06:39
I have seen a bird to two thrashing around on the ground (not DJI in this case) where the pilot was fumbling around trying to 'fix it' where shutting down would have caused less damage.. but in general I agree that purposely cutting off engines kinda limits your options ...

think is.. not everyone that buys a drone .. at any price point .. is guaranteed to have 'experiance'  and accidentally putting the sticks into cutoff is a possibility..

Agree with sound and/or shaker.  

Maybe have Joysticks deliver an electrical shock, if motors are killed in mid-flight?
2018-12-3
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 12-3 07:07
Agree with sound and/or shaker.  

Maybe have Joysticks deliver an electrical shock, if motors are killed in mid-flight?

electric shock.. now that I like... !!!
2018-12-3
Use props
matt dg
New
Flight distance : 1262792 ft

Slovenia

I crashed it today this way from 80m trying to avoid birds f*****g stupid option
2019-7-2
Use props
fansa9eddaa7
New

United States

Mine crashed and I could not get it to shut down.....Phantom
2020-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules