Balancing EOS 1DX ll
1808 4 2018-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
slickshooter
lvl.1
United States

I'm a new Ronin user and am having a really tough time balancing my EOS 1DX ll.  The initial balance of the tilt axis is so sensitive that a movement of less than 1/32 of an inch is too much.  Move back and the camera falls backward.  1/32" forward and the camera falls forward.  I can eventually get it done but the slightest touch sends the camera falling front/back.

I realize this is a heavy camera.  And somewhat top heavy because of the non-removable grip, but I can't help but think I'm doing something wrong.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks
2018-11-30
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49954 ft
United Kingdom

When I did mine I found the body needed to be as far over as poss, I only had a slight amount of room as not to rub the body, also I set it as low as possible in the frame, I think from memory I found it harder that my 5D4, however I kind of gave up on the 1DX2 as its so heavy and I wanted to have a lighter setup, with the 1DX2 I did find it worked perfectly once "in the ball park" you can run a balance check in the app to see if its in range etc.
2018-12-1
Use props
slickshooter
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the reply.  I've also found that the 1DX2 pushes the limits of the unit as far as where it has to be in order to achieve balance.  I eventually did get it right.
My 'lighter' camera is a 5D3, which doesn't have autofocus.  I may end up going that route.
Cheers!
2018-12-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Slickshooter, thank you for bringing this query to us. Apologies for the troubles you had when you try to balance your Ronin-S. Kindly refer to the video provided below for more information on how to balance your Ronin-S. Do reach us again if you have concerns. Hope this helps. Thank you.

2018-12-1
Use props
SavvyProduction
lvl.1
United States

I have a 1DX Mark ii as well. I did get it to balance and it did pass the app test. Any recommendations on settings? Is there a way to increase motor strength?

https://savvyproductions.com/sal ... h-video-production/
2019-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules