Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Update-Goggle Flight Records Do Not Synchronize
1034 6 2018-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ted S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98622 ft
United States

For at least 6 months I have been aware the DJI Goggle flight records do not synchronize with other flight records in DJI Go 4.  In fact, I am not sure DJI can access any of those records.  DJI has admitted they have a server problem and even though your Goggle flight records may indicate they are uploading correctly ,and show they "successfully" uploaded.  This is not the case!  If you check DJI Go 4 after you synchronize your Goggle flight records you will likely find they are not there!  If any of you DJI Goggle users have found this to be the case, please speak up!  

I've had numerous support personnel tell me it was a problem with my Goggles and not a wide spread issue, but in August I sent the Goggles into support and there own personnel could not get the records to synchronize with their DJI server!  They have a problem and they know it!  On the positive side, they claim they are working on a firmware fix, but since they've know this for at least six months, I'm not overly confident this will actually happen any time soon, unless they get some heat to get it done!  

Currently, if your drone flies off, or you crash, there is no flight record DJI can examine to determine cause, or that you can use to help locate your aircraft.  I know!  In June I ended up paying for a replacement Spark using my Refresh Program because DJI could not validate the reason for the crash, even though I felt it was a warranty issue.  In DJI's favor, I later sent the Goggles into support and after they determined even they could not get the flight records to synchronize they credited me back the Refresh expense.  It appears they have been trying to keep this hush, hush to minimize the pressure from customers.  But I think it is time to turn up the heat, so if you have observed this problem when using the Goggles please chime in.  DJI needs to step up the effort in solving this problem and get a fix out ASAP!

2018-11-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Ted, we're sorry for the troubles. I managed to get your previous case number and check the exact status with the team, we'll keep you updated.
2018-11-30
Use props
Ted S
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-30 20:46
Hi Ted, we're sorry for the troubles. I managed to get your previous case number and check the exact status with the team, we'll keep you updated.

Thanks for your response!  

I hope DJI steps up their efforts to solve this issue soon.  I know they are capable, but perhaps personnel are spread to thin with all the other projects they have going on?  DJI really needs to focus on this problem since the Goggles are an excellent device currently debilitated by the lack of flight record access and synchronization.  Unfortunately, this inability to access flight records will discourage flyers from purchasing them.  I like the Goggles, in spite of their flight limitations compared to DJI Go 4, but this flight record issue is severely limiting their viability.  

Again, thanks for your response.  I look forward to hearing more from DJI soon.

TS
2018-12-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ted S Posted at 12-1 05:51
Thanks for your response!  

I hope DJI steps up their efforts to solve this issue soon.  I know they are capable, but perhaps personnel are spread to thin with all the other projects they have going on?  DJI really needs to focus on this problem since the Goggles are an excellent device currently debilitated by the lack of flight record access and synchronization.  Unfortunately, this inability to access flight records will discourage flyers from purchasing them.  I like the Goggles, in spite of their flight limitations compared to DJI Go 4, but this flight record issue is severely limiting their viability.  

I understand your situation and very sorry for the inconvenience. The team is reviewing your case, and we'll try our best to help you out.
2018-12-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Update: Hi Ted, sorry for keeping you waiting. We've reviewed your case again, there are some points need to be clarified:
1. The flight records in DJI GO/DJI GO 4 is not consistent with the flight records in DJI Goggles. The latter can be uploaded to DJI Server for data analysis only. The flight records cannot be viewed in DJI GO/DJI GO 4 even though you have uploaded successfully via DJI Assistant 2. This is a feature. Hope for your understanding.
2. The flight records of your Goggles have been exported, but it cannot determine whether it is the malfunction or not. This might appear if the flight records interrupted suddenly, data analysis cannot be continued due to lack of data. We've offered you the best solution according to the policy.
Again, we sincerely apologize for the confusion and inconvenience. We'll keep learning and offer a better experience for our valued customers, thank you!
2018-12-4
Use props
Ted S
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-4 23:24
Update: Hi Ted, sorry for keeping you waiting. We've reviewed your case again, there are some points need to be clarified:
1. The flight records in DJI GO/DJI GO 4 is not consistent with the flight records in DJI Goggles. The latter can be uploaded to DJI Server for data analysis only. The flight records cannot be viewed in DJI GO/DJI GO 4 even though you have uploaded successfully via DJI Assistant 2. This is a feature. Hope for your understanding.
2. The flight records of your Goggles have been exported, but it cannot determine whether it is the malfunction or not. This might appear if the flight records interrupted suddenly, data analysis cannot be continued due to lack of data. We've offered you the best solution according to the policy.

Your response does not correspond to what support has told me before, on more than one occasion.  This confusion in communication is an ongoing problem with DJI's interaction with this customer.  The guidance to you all must be to send up lots of flak, divert attention, give vague answers, never admit to error!  And, apologize, apologize, and apologize some more, because it helps diffuse and divert attention.

1. First of all, DJI support has never reported to me they ever successfully uploaded ANY of my flight records.  This is not an issue of a single flight record, except for one instance in June.  I have 53 flight records in the DJI Goggles.  DJI never confirmed ANY of these were ever successfully synchronized to the DJI server.  To the contrary, DJI support reports there was a problem with the upload to the server even though DJI Assistant 2 indicates all records were successfully uploaded.  I don't know where you get your information, but it is wrong!

2. If in fact these flight records do not synchronize with all other flight records, in the same server as DJI Go 4, that is not a "feature," as you state, that is a critical oversight and "failure" to implement an integrated system!  A failure in the English language is not a "feature".

3. Do not attempt to answer me in the forum on an issue that has a case number at DJI.  I expect DJI Support to give me the answers I deserve.  So far that has not happened.  Two DJI support supervisors have given me some reasonably clear answers, one in August, one more recently, and both did not try to be as definitive as you appear to try and make this problem, and they certainly they have not stated there is a solution yet!  Your response appears to be another attempt to sidestep the issue and divert attention away from a real problem at DJI with these Goggle flight records and server issues.

4. Let's hear from some of the users of these DJI Goggles to find out what is really going on out there!  I get the real impression any user response to these messages is being blocked by DJI so those voices are not heard.  Too little response from the users!  Too much diversion by DJI.
2018-12-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ted S Posted at 12-5 09:34
Your response does not correspond to what support has told me before, on more than one occasion.  This confusion in communication is an ongoing problem with DJI's interaction with this customer.  The guidance to you all must be to send up lots of flak, divert attention, give vague answers, never admit to error!  And, apologize, apologize, and apologize some more, because it helps diffuse and divert attention.

1. First of all, DJI support has never reported to me they ever successfully uploaded ANY of my flight records.  This is not an issue of a single flight record, except for one instance in June.  I have 53 flight records in the DJI Goggles.  DJI never confirmed ANY of these were ever successfully synchronized to the DJI server.  To the contrary, DJI support reports there was a problem with the upload to the server even though DJI Assistant 2 indicates all records were successfully uploaded.  I don't know where you get your information, but it is wrong!

I understand how you feel and this is not the way we want you to experience our service. For the confusion of the communication, I've forwarded to the designated team for investigation. They will contact you during the working time, thank you!
2018-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules