Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
M2E Precision Landing & Auto Flight Modes
1523 31 2018-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CE750Pilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3798018 ft
  • >>>
United States

My M2E does not have Precision Landing or any other Autonomous Flight Modes. Why not, and when can we expect it to come to M2E?
2018-11-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, the Mavic 2 Enterprise is an all-in-one drone solution for industrial applications. It aimed at users of industrial applications and prioritizes the needs of industrial applications. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-12-1
Use props
CE750Pilot
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-1 00:43
Hi there, the Mavic 2 Enterprise is an all-in-one drone solution for industrial applications. It aimed at users of industrial applications and prioritizes the needs of industrial applications. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you, Susan!
2018-12-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

You are welcome. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.
2018-12-1
Use props
BManiac
lvl.3
Flight distance : 780735 ft
  • >>>
United States

I donèt think this is a legitimate reason. Industrial application can use these features.
2018-12-1
Use props
BManiac
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

What is that and who make this kind of stupide decision.
2018-12-1
Use props
BManiac
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Precision landing should be included, other automatated flight features are also interesting for rescue or survey.
2018-12-1
Use props
CE750Pilot
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

BManiac Posted at 12-1 09:02
I donèt think this is a legitimate reason. Industrial application can use these features.

I agree. First responders would certainly utilize Precision Landing and Autonomous Flight Modes. I have spoken with some of my local firefighters. As an example, they said that as the drone is taking video of a fire (perhaps in Orbit) Mode, and it gets low on battery power, they don't want it coming home and landing on emergency vehicles. They usually need all personnel to fight the fire, and may not be able to dedicate one to just fly the drone.
2018-12-1
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

" and may not be able to dedicate one to just fly the drone. "

WHAT????   Any entity flying a drone is required to have full control of the aircraft!  There MUST BE A PIC  ( Pilot in Command )

There is no other option!

Randy
2018-12-1
Use props
P52Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 146056 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-1 00:43

That discretion should be up to the end user. There are many circumstances when people could use some of the autonomous flight modes. They really need to work on getting them in. I met with Law Enforcement  today to show them the M2E and that was one of the questions. Can I orbit around a certain area. Sad that I had to say no. Please tell engineering this is a miss step to not have those kind of features. Also when are we going to see Waypoints on iOS?
2018-12-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

P52Mavic Posted at 12-5 16:25
That discretion should be up to the end user. There are many circumstances when people could use some of the autonomous flight modes. They really need to work on getting them in. I met with Law Enforcement  today to show them the M2E and that was one of the questions. Can I orbit around a certain area. Sad that I had to say no. Please tell engineering this is a miss step to not have those kind of features. Also when are we going to see Waypoints on iOS?

If you can’t orbit around an area manually maybe enterprise is not for you.
2018-12-6
Use props
P52Mavic
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-6 15:30

I did not say I could not and don't appreciate the insinuation. I have been flying RC for 30 years. I do sell these to first responders that do not have that experience and would be a benefit to them.
2018-12-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

P52Mavic Posted at 12-6 17:31
I did not say I could not and don't appreciate the insinuation. I have been flying RC for 30 years. I do sell these to first responders that do not have that experience and would be a benefit to them.

“Can I orbit around a certain area. Sad that I had to say no.”

This is what you said. If your answer was yes I can fly an orbit but only manually how much more impressive that would have been.
2018-12-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

P52Mavic Posted at 12-5 16:25
That discretion should be up to the end user. There are many circumstances when people could use some of the autonomous flight modes. They really need to work on getting them in. I met with Law Enforcement  today to show them the M2E and that was one of the questions. Can I orbit around a certain area. Sad that I had to say no. Please tell engineering this is a miss step to not have those kind of features. Also when are we going to see Waypoints on iOS?

This will be forwarded to our engineers, hope they will consider it in the future. For the Waypoints, may I know which drone do you refer to? Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom, or Mavic 2 Enterprise?
2018-12-7
Use props
KerryG
First Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

CE750Pilot Posted at 12-1 11:19
I agree. First responders would certainly utilize Precision Landing and Autonomous Flight Modes. I have spoken with some of my local firefighters. As an example, they said that as the drone is taking video of a fire (perhaps in Orbit) Mode, and it gets low on battery power, they don't want it coming home and landing on emergency vehicles. They usually need all personnel to fight the fire, and may not be able to dedicate one to just fly the drone.

At least in the US, someone is REQUIRED to be at the controls at ALL TIMES. Precision landing is not a requirement at all when someone is supposed to be piloting the aircraft.
2018-12-7
Use props
P52Mavic
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-7 01:40
This will be forwarded to our engineers, hope they will consider it in the future. For the Waypoints, may I know which drone do you refer to? Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom, or Mavic 2 Enterprise?

Mavic 2 Enterprise on iOS
2018-12-8
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
First Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

KerryG Posted at 12-7 12:40
At least in the US, someone is REQUIRED to be at the controls at ALL TIMES. Precision landing is not a requirement at all when someone is supposed to be piloting the aircraft.

unless of course you have a controller failure.. and you have to sit there and watch the mavic return home on its own.. flail and crash because, as a first responder, you had to take off in a tight place...
precision landing is a SAFETY feature and it should not be excluded .. big fail with precision landing is that DJI rely on a well lit area in the visible spectrum .. too bad the belly camera wasn't IR or some other tech that didn't require good lighting of the landing area..

just because you have to be "at" the controls doesn't mean you have to be "on" the controls''

why should I fly a orbit by hand and try to manipulate and scan the camera feed or use the speaker.. when the drone is capable of maintaining a orbit or any other of a bunch of useful pre-canned flight patterns on its own --- autopilot..

you use p-mode right.. well that is an automated mode.. I guess you fly around all the time in atti which too actually is partially automated.. DJI drones mostly can't do a pure rate mode where you really have to keep it level and in the air like a race drone..

also, first responders are a govt agency and can get waivers to do whatever they want, and fly in airspace that becomes 'theirs' when they operate so the only other air traffic is their own assets...

2018-12-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

P52Mavic Posted at 12-8 03:50
Mavic 2 Enterprise on iOS

Thanks for the clarification. We do not receive any news about Waypoints on Mavic 2 Enterprise for now. If there is anything new, we'll release on at the first time.
2018-12-10
Use props
bezdog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10853 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great question! I thought I was getting a deluxe M2 but instead got a handicapped M2. DJI mislead us again...
2019-1-20
Use props
bezdog
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-12-1 00:43

Are you saying industrial users would NOT want those features? That's hard to fathom. Orbit around a POI would not be useful? And WPs would not be good for those providing perimeter security? I guess I can't agree with the DJI position.
2019-1-22
Use props
bezdog
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-12-10 00:18
Thanks for the clarification. We do not receive any news about Waypoints on Mavic 2 Enterprise for now. If there is anything new, we'll release on at the first time.

Doesn't the Matrice 200 include way points and other autonomous flight modes? Isn't the Matrice 200 also an Enterprise category drone? Why not leave the features utilization up to the user??? I don't use every feature on my high end car but I would feel cheated if it wasn't there.
2019-1-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

bezdog Posted at 1-22 19:18
Doesn't the Matrice 200 include way points and other autonomous flight modes? Isn't the Matrice 200 also an Enterprise category drone? Why not leave the features utilization up to the user??? I don't use every feature on my high end car but I would feel cheated if it wasn't there.

I understand your point and very sorry about it. Please note our website for future progress.
2019-1-25
Use props
bezdog
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-12-1 00:43

That's a nonsense statement without the least bit of logic backing it up. DJI has flubbed again.
2019-1-31
Use props
bezdog
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

bezdog Posted at 1-22 19:18
Doesn't the Matrice 200 include way points and other autonomous flight modes? Isn't the Matrice 200 also an Enterprise category drone? Why not leave the features utilization up to the user??? I don't use every feature on my high end car but I would feel cheated if it wasn't there.

Exactly. Orbit a POI and WPs for "Industrial" nightly security run would be a much valued add.
2019-1-31
Use props
bezdog
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-12-6 15:30

Snarky comments really not helpful. Other Enterprise drones have IFM, right? You would probably find fault with self driving cars too....
2019-1-31
Use props
bezdog
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

KerryG Posted at 2018-12-7 12:40

Uh yes, and pilots that CAN fly should never use autopilots. Pllleeeassee!
2019-1-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

bezdog Posted at 1-31 18:18
Snarky comments really not helpful. Other Enterprise drones have IFM, right? You would probably find fault with self driving cars too....

If it’s snarky you on about, just read your comment to dji Susan above. Good day.
2019-1-31
Use props
bezdog
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-31 18:22
If it’s snarky you on about, just read your comment to dji Susan above. Good day.

That's not snarky at all, it's direct and to the point. Please be flexible and look at other's points of view.
2019-2-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

bezdog Posted at 2-3 18:29
That's not snarky at all, it's direct and to the point. Please be flexible and look at other's points of view.

As someone who does a lot of SAR , flying around in circles is not much good to you, here’s our program , this is the kind of support you should be looking for.

2019-2-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

bezdog Posted at 2-3 18:29

Oh and BTW dji are very interested in this program.
2019-2-3
Use props
bezdog
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-3 18:37
Oh and BTW dji are very interested in this program.

It seems that many are making a leap that "Industrial" equates to SAR. If that is indeed what DJI had in mind, then those interested in building/perimeter security, construction progress, livestock monitoring and many other NON-SAR activities need to take a hike. DJI, please clarify your position, it differs from what I directly discussed with YOUR employees at CES.
2019-2-4
Use props
Wolf T
lvl.4
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 2018-12-8 07:25
unless of course you have a controller failure.. and you have to sit there and watch the mavic return home on its own.. flail and crash because, as a first responder, you had to take off in a tight place...
precision landing is a SAFETY feature and it should not be excluded .. big fail with precision landing is that DJI rely on a well lit area in the visible spectrum .. too bad the belly camera wasn't IR or some other tech that didn't require good lighting of the landing area..

Not all first responders are government agencies. Very few first responder agencies understand anything about 'taking the airspace'.  Lack of training, poor judgement, and lack of PROFICIENCY are dangerous regardless of the type of organization involved.
2019-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules