Today I am allowed back on Phantompilots !
1862 35 2018-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Azerbaijan

Oh Woopee !!

Got temp ban for typing a reply while Moderator was posting ... I was not to know his new ruling ... before I could edit - he'd locked me out !!

And you cannot access any contact link to discuss ... its OUT and get OUT !!

Guess who I'll be questioning once the door is unlocked .............

Nigel
2018-12-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Enjoy your return
2018-12-1
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Which mod?
2018-12-1
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Azerbaijan

Can't answer that as I am not allowed to view at all .....

Guy made claims about using xxxx on a Phantom ... others took him to task - I assume he complained.

I was typing a post with a mix of 'experiences' and my opinion on his claims about his xxxx ... clicked POST REPLY.

While I had been writing - unknown to me - Moderator had posted that anyone having a go at this guy would be banned ...

BHAM ... before I knew what was happening - I'm out ! No chance to edit my post or discuss with mod the Time Stamp of mods post and my post indicating the overlap.

To be honest - my post was not insulting or attacking the guy ... far less than some others posts !!   

Anyway its not the point of this thread ... its just that once USA wakes up and it hits about 5:20pm their time ... I'm allowed back in.

Nigel
2018-12-1
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Congrats mate
2018-12-1
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Azerbaijan

I will be interested to see if anyone else was banned ....

Nigel
2018-12-1
Use props
Phantom One
First Officer
Flight distance : 135299 ft
United States

Hats off to you for even going back..  I'd say screw it myself.  
2018-12-1
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1469341 ft
  • >>>
Australia

thought you'd been a bit quiet solent but hadn't realised you'd been sent to the naughty corner.
Seems we need a resolutions contact for this sort of thing.
2018-12-1
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Should have gotten your pc/lappy/phone to renew your ip addy, at least then you would have been able to read the forum, as long as ya didnt try to log back in that is.... That was most certainly an unjust ban, to not even know to check the time of posting was unpro to say the least, glad it was only a temp ban for you, i normally get lifetime
2018-12-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Bashy Posted at 12-1 20:25
Should have gotten your pc/lappy/phone to renew your ip addy, at least then you would have been able to read the forum, as long as ya didnt try to log back in that is.... That was most certainly an unjust ban, to not even know to check the time of posting was unpro to say the least, glad it was only a temp ban for you, i normally get lifetime

Yeah, Me too. I have even been thrown off my own forums
2018-12-1
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Azerbaijan

I tried resets and hideen IP and all the usual tricks .... no joy.

Anyway - got back on and found 2 others had been similarly banned. Mod's were not interested to discuss and I was basically told to have a Good Day ...

I have now posted on their Rules section a request for revision of such rules to allow member to edit / delete / discuss ... moderators to hide posts while being resolved etc, - as many other forums do.

I don't expect much from them to be honest ... but who knows.

The funny bit is that my post was actually quite mild compared to some I have made !!

Nigel
2018-12-1
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Banned could mean anything.  Perma ban.  Year ban.  Month ban.  Etc.  So a one day ban doesn't seem too horrible even if it was unfair.  The world is an unfair place.  
2018-12-2
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Azerbaijan

WOW !!!!!

I'm banned again !!!!

They have to be kidding ..... its beyond a joke now.

Nigel
2018-12-2
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Azerbaijan

Mark The Droner Posted at 12-2 04:46
Banned could mean anything.  Perma ban.  Year ban.  Month ban.  Etc.  So a one day ban doesn't seem too horrible even if it was unfair.  The world is an unfair place.

Two week ban ... and now another for a month !!!!

Reason ?  I'm now completely confused .... having suggested a sensible scheme to handle bad posts ... maybe that did it ? I'm just told Rule Violation .... even RC Groups will tell you what is wrong !!

I had support from other members as well ... so I was not just alone ..

Oh Dear ...

Nigel
2018-12-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 12-1 20:45

I upped ya down vote, i hear ya all the way lol
2018-12-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 12-1 20:45

I upped ya down vote, i hear ya all the way lol
2018-12-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

solentlife Posted at 12-1 23:50
I tried resets and hideen IP and all the usual tricks .... no joy.

Anyway - got back on and found 2 others had been similarly banned. Mod's were not interested to discuss and I was basically told to have a Good Day ...

You need to renew your ISP IP so that you get a brand new on, easiest way to do that is to change from Wifi to ethernet and vice versa, each time you do that you will get a new IP ;)   i do it more often than not

I'd just take it on the chin now else you will get a perm ban if ya speak up next time,......
2018-12-2
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

good luck with that...the order of the day these days is ban ban and more ban, let God sort it out later...as you noted, it's not like you can even ask a question or even argue your case.  Even if you could you are still at their mercy and their intrepretation of the world.  It is good to be king...if you are the king
2018-12-2
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Azerbaijan

**** em ..... if thats how they want to be - then I have no interest to be their football.

I managed to get in via  *** and see they deleted my suggestion thread in its entirety. So much for constructive discussion.

I was informed by PP Admin - that a Moderator was assigned to 'watch' me when I returned ......... WOW Big Brother !! Its a b****y Forum - not War !

I find it particularly sad - forgive me for this - Phantompilots.com is a better source of knowledge and generally more discussable in its threads. But given this element of Moderators refusing to discuss and acting like Nazi's .... it destroys it for me.
I have rec'd a number of comms from others saying they stay away from PP for that reason. Very sad.

As I say - Its a Forum ... Forums are for discussing and expanding knowledge, to suggest and maybe implement ... Seems PP has lost the plot on that.

Maybe someone from PP is reading all this and maybe reporting back ... Go Ahead ... time they understood ...

Nigel
2018-12-2
Use props
Air/America
Second Officer

United States

solentlife Posted at 12-2 22:01
**** em ..... if thats how they want to be - then I have no interest to be their football.

I managed to get in via  *** and see they deleted my suggestion thread in its entirety. So much for constructive discussion.

Give a man (a moderator) a hammer then anyone commenting may look like a nail.

2018-12-3
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Azerbaijan

I wont name the two at this stage ... but when my ban ends ... Jan 2 ... and I get ****** on again ... I most certainly will then.

The first one said that Admin was tired of rule violations and it was his job to act .... Oh so I was to be made an example ?

Wunderbar mein Furher !

Nigel
2018-12-3
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Azerbaijan

OK ... yes first one who started it all was :

dirkclod

The second one - appointed as my 'watcher' - I cannot get his name as I cannot get to the site to read the PM I rec'd. It strangely does not come up in email as the other has.

Nigel
2018-12-3
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Azerbaijan

I think the other is BigAl or something similar ...

Anyway - Nazi's !

Nigel
2018-12-3
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

My favorite mod was ianwood - extremely smart, lots of knowledge and very helpful.  Every post he wrote was a good one and I felt a little smarter every time I read one.  Unfortunately, he has apparently left the site.  I have my suspicions as to why.  

Clackey was another favorite.  He doesn't post much but he is helpful without the nazi personality.  My understanding is he is the head guy for all the Xpilot drone sites.  

TJ is head guy at PP - under Clackey.  He corrupted my account back in Oct 2016 because he didn't like one of my posts.  I didn't break a rule, but he saw my light-hearted post as an insult or disrespect to him and so he corrupted my account via my IP making me unable to sign on.  No notification to me.  He just did it.  He doesn't think I know what he did because it's sort of an unofficial FU that the Admins can do to some members if they want - making it look like it's some kind of anonymous odd technical issue messed things up, but I know it's a deliberate FU which can be done by an Administrator to a member.  I had to get Cassidy to get me back on.  

TJ made Dirk a mod because they were buddies - spending hours and months/years yakking on the phone.  It's obvious to me that TJ needed an ally, and Dirk would be a loyal ally.  Yes, Dirk had been very helpful on the site for a long time and in many ways was deserving of the job for his vast contributions, but there were also other members who in my opinion might have been just as deserving but certainly better equipped for the job - if you know what I mean.  Dirk was completely overbearing in his first year and drove quite a few members away.  It took him a while to calm down.  I believe there may have been a quiet intervention among the mods regarding Dirk's over-enthusiasm.  He's better now.  

Big Al has a lot of experience, knowledge and has been very helpful.  I think he was an excellent choice to be made a mod.  Unfortunately, there's a learning process with being a mod (see above), and that is, it's important to resist your first instinct to come in and moderate a given situation.  It's usually best to resist that impulse and let the members talk - particularly if the discussion is between veteran members who may disagree on a topic but are able and have the experience to have a heated discussion without breaking rules.  But it takes new mods a while, like about a year, to figure this out.  Big Al has not quite figured it out yet.  Or maybe he has, I haven't been paying attention lately.

Meta4 - I don't have any complaints.  He was already a veteran mod before I joined.  He is very knowledgeable and very helpful.  He will spend much time selflessly analyzing problems and finding solutions for clueless noobs.  He does very little actual moderating but that's a good thing!  He is a little hard-nosed when he is defending his point and in the rare event of being mistaken, he's not capable of admitting it, but that's okay.  

TJ is actually into racing drones and is barely interested in Phantoms these days.  So it's ironic that he's still heading the Phantom site.  And it's disappointing he won't step down.  I believe he enjoys the emotional thrill of being "in power" and of being in charge of PhantomPilots, regardless of the fact that he isn't really interested in Phantoms and so he puts his selfishness ahead of the good of the site.  The site is basically directionless with no clear mission and TJ has other interests and limited time or desire to tend to PP, and his inflated perceived self-importance coupled with his low self-esteem won't allow him to move aside.  Hence, good people and at least one good mod has been driven from the site with more to follow.  I suspect some of the other mods may be frustrated with this.  But there's nothing they can do.

In TJ's defense, I'll say this situation is kind of typical - it's more usual than unusual.  

Be assured, there's plenty of drama "behind the curtain"* between the mods, even if it's invisible to the membership.

Anyway, it's Clackey's/TJ's site and it's not a democracy and was never meant to be.  They can run it any way they want.  They have that right.  

I quietly left 11 months ago.  I didn't complain or post anything or PM anybody.  I was never banned or given a time out or anything like that when I was there.  I just left.  

* "Behind the curtain" is a well-known analogy re forums, and is a reference to the 1939 film:  The Wizard of Oz.  

2018-12-3
Use props
Goldenseal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 487034 ft
United States

My kids in growing up would say, "that isn't fair." I would say, "welcome to the world." I 'd then say, "now, what's your attitude?"

It's no fun being wronged. I have respect for you because I have gotten to know you through your posts. I may not agree with you on everything, but I respect you. I also feel you are an attribute to any forum you are on. If you were to have an off day and say something that is unethical, I'd probably overlook it. Life is hard and who doesn't have a bad day. I may with respect, try to correct or get to the bottom of such a statement.

Forums are privately owned and are a dictatorship made to look friendly for monetary gain. I try to be respectful, but I could see me kicked off any forum. I will say what I have to say. PP has deleted some of my posts. Control freaks seems to be the way in the world today. Politics, sells, business, forums, they are always your friend till you start to slip out of their control. This forum is no different then any other. We can't hear from their victims. Well, I have heard from some that went to PP's forum after they were band from DJI  forum.  Control the medias and you control the people. Suck up to those authority and you will be rewarded. Me, I'll just stay where I am at. LOL      
2018-12-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I used to run a own/run cable tv/broadband hacking forum with over 38k members, the software was vBulletin and i know its different to XenForo software but vb is a very, very comprehensive forum software (the best there is) and during the nearly 10 years i had mine running and with various hacks and mods, there is no way that i can think of that would "corrupt" members account, not from the mod or admin panels, the only way to corrupt an account would be via the sql database. That being said,  there are various ways to prevent a login if the forum has certain mods, namely anti spam measures, multiple accounts etc, but even then, you would know because you would be told by that mod/hack that youve been banned because of.....  Even if they created a new account for you on the sly and gave it the same ip so it looked like you created 2 accounts, you would still know that youve been banned, the software would tell you. Dont get me wrong, im going back a few years now and there could well be ways to do it nowadays but, dont you think thats a long way round about it,  If i wanted to be sly and didnt want someone anywhere near the forum, I would simply add them to the servers firewall and cphulk blacklist, you wouldnt even be able to find the forum, much less login. It would then just look like a user doesnt come around anymore
2018-12-3
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Azerbaijan

My biggest issue is that there seems to be no provision to hide the offending post by mods ... while author edits or deletes it. RC Groups which cam be extremely sadistic - has this provision. Wattflyer - the best run forum of all - has it.
I created 3 GPS forums ... 2 sailing forums ... and a number of other owner groups ... NONE have such nazi action as PP does. Even really bad posts get chance to edit .. to even discuss with myself or moderator.

Having gone into PP via another access ... I see they deleted my suggestion thread asking Mods to look at revising ...

It is a real shame .. so much info and experience there - but ruined by dictators.

One other item ... PP definitely has its 'favourite' members who literally can insult others and get away with it. But you better not have any comment against those members !

Nigel
2018-12-3
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Azerbaijan

I am considering posting a video on Youtube about PP and its Moderators - that will really get me in the 'naughty corner'.

It will be presentable, without expletives or immoral content. It shall quote / present the facts - I have copies via email as the PM communications auto send to my email. It will be a message to all that PP has a problem and people should be aware of it.

Will loss of access to PP dent my hobby - not in the least. For most of my 55yrs in the hobby - Forums have not been around, so it will mean that I just lose one avenue I enjoyed.

I am extremely grateful to those who have replied in this thread - I expected some 'backlash' but its been amazingly uplifting to me. If only the same could be on PP.

Thank you and I apologise to all for bringing in such a distasteful subject to this Forum.

I wish all the best for the Seasons Greetings and best for the future flights you are all going to enjoy.

Nigel
2018-12-3
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Azerbaijan

I think I hit a spot ,,,,

Previously I could get to PP site but it said Oops .... Not allowed etc.

Now I cannot get to the site at all. Will be investigating this once I get to my next hotel.

Oh dear ... Have I said something ?

Nigel
2018-12-4
Use props
kndll
Second Officer
Flight distance : 930161 ft
Canada

yep , your post is gone , no record of it ,  and BIGAL07 and DIRKCLOD follow you .
2018-12-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome back.
2018-12-4
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
United Arab Emirates

kndll Posted at 12-4 05:12
yep , your post is gone , no record of it ,  and BIGAL07 and DIRKCLOD follow you .

WOW ... you'd think I was trying to take away their toys !!

I just want reasonable moderators action ..............

Nigel
2018-12-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you are using wifi whilst away then that could be problematic cause theres nowt you can do to change the IP, BUT, as you are going to a new hotel then the IP will have changed so thats good, just join up again and stay under the radar, if you must post, try to change your style. if you are on mobile data then simply turning off the data for a short while should give you a new IP,  and  then theres proxy sites, these dont always work, more so if they have an anti proxy hack/mod installed, i had one of those  for vB  

If i was you, i would just take it on the chin and delete my cookies and cache for that site and once i can see the site again, register with a new name, never try to login again with the old one else you will be rumbled instantly.....
2018-12-4
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
United Arab Emirates

Hi Bashy ... that's assuming I wish to go back ........

Yes I would like to be back - there are some really good guys over there. They basically make up for the bad ones. But do I really want to play games to get around bad Moderators ?

I recorded a couple of vids ... but the amount of info - made them rather large and long !! So I need to sketch out a video plan to make it short but concise.

I appreciate and also am aware about IP ... but because while I'm on Forums - I am also working - I really do not have inclination to play around.

Cheers
Nigel
2018-12-4
Use props
Quinn Karter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1999767 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-12-3 08:20
Yup...that's the #1 douchebag over there.  Still up to his  "Little Man on a power trip" schtick, eh?   Bet the photo shows #2?  Nothing will change.  The site owner let's them run wild...only cares about Jesus & $$.  The clod will continue to stalk you.  Just who he is.

Holy S**T. I almost got banned from Mavic Pilots and guess who keeps attacking. DIRKCLOD. There is definitely something off.
2021-7-20
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

I got banned from a Fungi forum for asking if one I had taken a photo of was edible
I also got banned from a photo forum for saying what camera I used (by mistake the Mod said)
2021-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules