48691 54 2018-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Synchronize
lvl.2
Flight distance : 366414 ft
Bulgaria

Hi!
I have a problem with my Mavic 2 Pro. I get this error (Remote controller connection error) randomly. It happens no matter the distance I'm from the AC. The worst thing is that I loose contol over the AC because RC stops working at all. AC starts RTH procedure and I'm able to connect to AC only after RC restart (no app restarting needed). But soon after reconnecting I get the same error again. I'm pretty sure that it is not a app/phone problem because I have tried with other phone... and it makes no sence to loose control from RC if it was a app/phone problem. I've experienced this error in the past but it was from time to time and I thought it was a signal disturbance. But it is getting worse. Last time I couldn't take off because of this error.
Here is a quick video that shows the error. I'm whitin 2 meters away from the AC and I'm not even in flight.
2018-12-1
Use props
Synchronize
lvl.2
Bulgaria

I forgot to put the link:
2018-12-1
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Synchronize Posted at 12-1 05:45
I forgot to put the link: https://youtu.be/3bgAB_vYHcw

Have you tried another cable?  Or connected to the other port on the controller - the one on the "bottom" where the control sticks can be stored?
2018-12-1
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

You could also put phone in airplane mode and turn off video caching to your mobile device.
2018-12-1
Use props
Synchronize
lvl.2
Bulgaria

Thanks for the replies!
I'll try both. But  I'm not sure they will help... I think the problem is the connection between AC and RC. I doubt a connection problem between phone and RC will make AC not controllable and entering RTH.
2018-12-1
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Synchronize Posted at 12-1 05:45
I forgot to put the link: https://youtu.be/3bgAB_vYHcw

I have had a similar problem and it turned out to be a faulty cable. It was connected to my iPad to the USB port on the bottom of the controller.  Replaced it with a better quality one and the error vanished. I was guessing the USB connector was a bit undersize and not making a good connection all of the time.

Hopefully you will get a solution to your problem.
2018-12-1
Use props
Synchronize
lvl.2
Bulgaria

Today I tried another cable using the bottom USB port of the RC and everything was OK! No errors, no disconnects at all. I guess it was a faulty cable. Thanks for the help, guys. I hope this is the solution to my problem and I'll inform you if the error shows up agian.
2018-12-3
Use props
fans50baaf80
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1141220 ft
Philippines

Hi, did you encountered this issue again after using bottom port? I am still encountering this issue using side port (very frequent) And for bottom port same result. I tried different cable, no luck. So depressing
2019-1-4
Use props
Vaughn Scott
New

New Zealand

I had a similar problem on a new phone, an firmware update seemed to fix it
2019-1-6
Use props
Crio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67713 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Happened to me yesterday twice...
I was using middle USB connector and it triggered RTH... another problem was it was going in the wrong direction while returning TWICE.
After few seconds I regained controls as its reconnected and thank God I was in open space as going in random direction while RTH was triggered could cause a crash for sure.

I put it up in the air again later that day and this issue didn't occurred this time... Weird and scary
2019-4-21
Use props
djiuser_UzXf9utWqCXe
New
Sweden

Had the same issue , suddenly drone lost the connection and afterwards control as well and start to fly to the wall . Luckily was close to me and I manage to catch it
2019-4-24
Use props
VNRPHOTO
New
Flight distance : 1429491 ft
Canada

I've been having this issue as well just quite recently.... I've made sure firmware was up to date, I have tried other cables plugged into the bottom of my controller..... I've brought it in for service 2 times now and they can't find anything.... Is there something else I need to be doing????
thanks
2019-6-24
Use props
Mycamblur
New
United Kingdom

Hi

This happened to me yesterday which was very worrying as the drone was about 900 metres away over hills.  The message came up (Remote Controller Connection Error) and all control on the phone was lost, as it locked out so I could not initiate RTH manually.  However, even though it said controller connection error, I could still bring the drone back using the controller even though I could not see FPV or the map as they had locked out.  The only way I knew it was heading in the right general direction was to see if distance was increasing or decreasing.  I could not alter height in flight, but could control direction.

After it landed, and I rebooted all, it was connected normally, but the camera was then all out of light balance.  The image on FPV was completely washed out as though the aperture was too large.   Even though it was the middle of the day, I was getting a message saying the ambient light was too low for the forward sensors to work.  I have still not looked into this.   Switching to manual camera settings made the image become normal, but reverting to auto it would instantly 'white out' again.  Strange that this has happened immediately I had this concerning controller issue.
2019-7-1
Use props
Mycamblur
New
United Kingdom

Just reviewed the footage from the flight described above.   All is OK for the first two minutes or so, then the exposure automatically increases until almost nothing is visible, completely white.  It's probably at this point that the controller error connection occurred.  The rest of the footage on the flight back is totally white out.
2019-7-1
Use props
Mycamblur
New
United Kingdom

These screenhots show the how the auto exposure went crazy as controller then disconnected.
2019-7-1
Use props
djiuser_z48bHL6CaxmB
New
Flight distance : 409482 ft
Australia

So guys, how can this be properly fixed for sure?? I have tried  different phone, and a brand new cable but still lost connection. Please let me know
Thank you
2019-7-16
Use props
uurcyln
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2114058 ft
Hungary

Had the same issue. Mavic2 is my new drone and I've done 10 flights by this time. first five flights were normal but I have had this problem on almost all subsequent flights. It is a pity that dji has not been able to solve this problem for a long time
2019-7-17
Use props
NM4321
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68219 ft
Italy

Hello everyone,

is there any official statement on this issue from DJI?
It also happened to me yesterday. Really scaring! Luckily the RTH worked for me pretty well.
But I'm now really scared since I'm living in a crowded area and (at least reported by some users) the drone may also turns crazy and drift or randomly flyaway when this issue happens. I'm not happy! For me this basically means that I’m grounded.
And by the way, even trying to stay at low altitude in an open space is not really an option when the drone (with a potential flight range of roughly 16 Kms) wreaks out.
To me it seems (and just making an educated guess) that in software some critical systems like radio link management, navigation have been mixed up at least partially with secondary
systems like Camera, SD card, USB driver, connection to App.
In other words, if a secondary system fails it may also compromise other really important parts of the SW on RC and/or AC. This would explain that different secondary issues reported by users
end up in the same critical error.
Also a good watch dog functionality seems to be missing on the controller which should in case of SW issues reboot ASAP. Users reported up do 5 minutes of a controller being off line or partially compromised in it's functionality.
Please don't get me wrong! This post is not intended to be negative, just trying to put the needed enphasis on the issue and hoping that DJI let us know more about this problem soon.

Ciao from Italy

2019-8-30
Use props
fans01cc2e3a
New

Pakistan

ff22 Posted at 2018-12-1 08:23
Have you tried another cable?  Or connected to the other port on the controller - the one on the "bottom" where the control sticks can be stored?

hey, i made Very 1st flight on mavic 2 pro and 80 meters away and 30 meters high, it totally lost its controller signal. any way i still could control the drone. so i. flew it back to me. I tried this bottom cable usb slot. and i have made 3 more flights so far. and all went superb . no controller error. cheers
2019-12-1
Use props
Andrew Zakharkin
New

Russia

Had the same error today first time after half-of-year of flights (hundreds of flights).
2019-12-4
Use props
djiuser_pXdnhuJAtI93
New

United Kingdom

I am also facing the same issue . It happened multiple times
2020-1-1
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Same rc disconnection error for me. Hundreds of flights. Suddenly controller inputs dont work. Auto rth on every second flight.
Controller to drone problem, NOT the cable. Used 4 different cables. NOT the area. Been flying there at least 40 times.....new problem. DJI?
2020-1-7
Use props
Synchronize
lvl.2
Bulgaria

Hi guys!
Try to clean the usb port of your phone. The dirt build in it was causing bad connection for me. So it was not the cable but the usb port. Since I've cleaned it I have NO issues at all with any cable!
2020-1-7
Use props
Orcanic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 582418 ft
Croatia

I bought Mavic Pro in 2017 and never had this error with it. Unfortunately i crashed it and got replacement Mavic Pro about year ago (i kept old remote controller). Since then i get this error very frequently.  I doubt this is related to usb port/cable. I tried different cables and it was the same. This error is very dangerous - you get stuck with a drone up in the air without control - ok flight sticks work, but if drone is far away this doesn't do much since you don't know where are u flying to. Only fast solution for me was to shutdown remote controller and turn it back on but it always makes me very nervous.  DJI pls. address this ASP!
2020-1-7
Use props
djiuser_PnJyzxFUHnhj
New
Australia

Tonight was my 3rd flight with brand new Mavic 2.  I received the same error. Thank goodness I had only just taken off. Scary!!! I hope they fix it soon.  
2020-1-7
Use props
crewonextra.co.nz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2958789 ft
New Zealand

2019  have just purchased MP 2 for professional use. Absolute pain in the arse thing. Disconnects from controller. Expensive piece of gear for something that does not work properly and obviously has not been fixed for years.... Reply from DJI would be great but I doubt it....
2020-1-23
Use props
fans996ff796
New
Turkey

Hi everyone. I’m update mavic 2 to the 0.100.0510 , after that i got an error it’s not connecting to the remote controller and all led lights turn to the red color and not blinking, i try again to upgrade and same results, maybe someone have same problem? If you know about that situation thanks before!!!
2020-1-23
Use props
lzhou8
lvl.1
United States

I got this error all the time and I just bought my Mavic Pro 2 recently. Googling for any solutions leads me here...

Is DJI reading this thread?
2020-2-15
Use props
Farmer_mapo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 878373 ft
South Korea

I also suffered from this problem.
Changing the cable and cleaning the port is no use.
this issue Mostly unrelated to the cable.

Overwrite updating DG4 causes problems.
If an update occurs, remove DG4 and install latest DG4.
Suspected a problem with the DG4 program or Android.

iOS users don't seem to have this problem.

-----------------------------
Resolution

1. DG4 unistall and new install , do not overwrite update

2. Android Device-> Battery Management Mode-> Select High Performance Mode

3. sweep terminals and ports with a brush

4. change the Cable

5. change to IOS device

2020-2-15
Use props
marcintomasik
lvl.1
Poland

Hi all,  Yes, official statement from DJI exists :/ I had the same problem "Remote Controller Connection Error" in the middle of flight of MavicPro (lost control & vision) and in consequence I lost the drone in warranty time. DJI judged this as "Customer Responsibility" I proofed that it is impossible with the calculations, pictures and screens from the same flight and guess what? They changed analysis to "unable to judge". They want me to buy a new main unit for the price of new drone. This is unfair!  :| I think we should join our forces and report a dispute in something like that place: European Consumer Centres Network or other similar.  Is anybody who wants to join?

2020-2-27
Use props
djiuser_HqVajtF67CRL
New

United States

marcintomasik Posted at 2-27 11:27
Hi all,  Yes, official statement from DJI exists :/ I had the same problem "Remote Controller Connection Error" in the middle of flight of MavicPro (lost control & vision) and in consequence I lost the drone in warranty time. DJI judged this as "Customer Responsibility" I proofed that it is impossible with the calculations, pictures and screens from the same flight and guess what? They changed analysis to "unable to judge". They want me to buy a new main unit for the price of new drone. This is unfair!  :| I think we should join our forces and report a dispute in something like that place: European Consumer Centres Network or other similar.  Is anybody who wants to join?

[view_image]

Lets do it, I have this happen to me every single time I fly. I can't believe this has been happening for years. I just got it a couple weeks ago and it happens EVERY SINGLE TIME. I'm going to loose the aircraft because the video on the remote just stops! It's incredible that this large of a company can't fix this problem
2020-4-2
Use props
Sir-fly-a-lot
New

Germany

Hi, I'm new to DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I bought a brand new Mavic 2 pro in Germany and got the same issue with my Android Phono (OnePlus 3 on Android 9.0.6).

This is what happened to me:

• First-usage setup worked w/o any problems      (registration, firmware updates etc.) using the Android phone. The first      flight at home (garden) worked also without any problem.
  • Later I charged the remote controller.
  • I drove to a landscape area (no wlan in this      area) to test the drone more intense:

• connected the Android phone to the remote      controller, started the controller & the drone
  • compass error --> needed to calibrate the compass      (that's normal, happens also with the DJI mavic mini)
  • calibration successful --> 10 seconds      afterwards: remote connection error.
  • Restarting the controller, drone, phone,      reconnecting phone to controller didn't help at all. --> always this      notification appears after 5 seconds of connecting phone, controller &      drone.

• aborted the test and drove home :-(

After some research I found hints to either put the android phone in airplane mode (why?! My DJI Mavic Mini had NEVER this issue with my Android phone!) or simply use an apple device, because it should be optimized for that...

So far, I did 2 flights (one short with Android, another 30min flight with iPhone x). Both worked.

@DJI: You really have to fix this. I read a lot about users who crashed their drone in-flight due to this issue. This is not your typical performance. You are better than this..

2020-4-9
Use props
djiuser_Tl6tV1PtUoEg
New

Brazil

I had the same problem several times this weekend in a widely open area. (Mavic 2 Pro, Dji Go 4, Samsung Galaxy S8 using the standard usb-c cable that comes with the drone)

I've flown this drone for 8 months now, no problem until March.

DJI, people are expecting you to take action immediately. This is not a toy, for many of us, like me, it's a work equipment, and even if it wasn't, it costs a lot. If I wanted this kind of problem I would have bought a much cheaper toy-drone.

Please, give us a solution. Until then I'm not feeling comfortable to take-off again.
2020-5-11
Use props
djiuser_VbQgijCMl7BO
New

United States

I just started getting this issue every single flight. This is nuts. I am using this to take videos for clients, and now I have botched the past few jobs because of this error. This is very frustrating and it makes me look like I dont know what I am doing. I need this to be fixed now!
2020-5-16
Use props
djiuser_F9GmmrFOKeao
New

United States

Same issue. Android Samsung S9. Remote control connection error happening continuously.

I just uninstalled the DJI Go 4 app and reinstalled it, and preliminarily, it seems to be working. Seems to be a glitch in how the app updates.
2020-6-1
Use props
milehightai
lvl.1
United States

Had it happen twice today with my Mavic 2 Pro and Galaxy S20 Ultra. Using a cable that goes to the full size USB-A port on the bottom. I'm all of 25 yards away and it loses connection. Then I'm desperately trying to reestablish connection before the drone drifts into a tree branch.

All in all a pretty scary situation. Having owned DJI products since 2015, this one is new to me. I went ahead and cleared all data and cache from my DJI GO app, and then refreshed the firmware on both drone and controller (both were on the latest).
2020-6-19
Use props
djiuser_gsRjlHU5FGo2
New
United States

I've had the connection error issues and changed the USB cable and that seemed to fix it for several flights then all of a sudden it happened again. I tried restarting the app and disconnecting the USB cable and reconnecting but it still wouldn't connect to the phone. It seemed to have trouble with connection on the new USB cable when the controller was down to about 45% power. I was on my 3rd battery when it happened. In the past the remote had connection error when the controller got to around 45% power. On the old cable some time I would lose connection with a full charge on the controller. Who knows what really causes it.
2020-7-4
Use props
Jorim Westerveld
New

Netherlands

guys I had the same problem but mine was fixed by cleaning up cache and set cache to auto
2020-7-21
Use props
Vincstyle
New
Malaysia

So sad i just get this problem on me, and my drone gone....because it is at middle of ocean. ..and my baby didn't get home..
2020-8-3
Use props
Rakali
New

Australia

I've had my Mavic 2 Pro for about a month now, and have had this remote controller connection error constantly.  I have only had one flight where the vision worked at all, then it cut out.  I am very frustrated.  I contacted DJI Tech support and they said to refresh both the RC and the AC using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic.  I did this, and thought the problem was fixed, but it only lasted a couple of minutes.  I can still fly the drone, but have no view from the camera.  I uninstalled and reinstalled DJI Go 4, cleaned the charger port on my phone, changed cables, shutdown and restarted the RC numerous times, but no change.  Looks as though I have bought a drone I cannot use.  Not impressed.  I'm using an Android phone (Oppo).  Any updates on solutions to this common failure from the forum?  Where is DJI in all of this?
2020-8-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules