side sensors
1077 12 2018-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

would anyone else like to have the option to turn on or off the side sensors in normal p-mode, flying low around my house and garden from inside the house, cos the weathers dull and miserable,  I got a lot of obstacles out there, bear in mind I live in the middle of a forest with no neighbours and a huge garden with the house set in the middle, just thought it might be a good idea to have an option to turn the side sensors on or off,,
2018-12-1
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The side sensors are not active unless you're using Tripod Mode, ActiveTrack, or QuickShots.
2018-12-1
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Sweden

I KNOW,,  that's my question, wouldn't it be a good idea if you had the option to turn them on or off in all modes and not have them restricted to just a few DJI selected modes,,and i did write in the post,, in p-mode
2018-12-1
Use props
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Turning all sensors by users pref "ON/OFF"  is an awesome idea!
2018-12-1
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

Second that!
2018-12-1
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

raven swe Posted at 12-1 07:56
I KNOW,,  that's my question, wouldn't it be a good idea if you had the option to turn them on or off in all modes and not have them restricted to just a few DJI selected modes,,and i did write in the post,, in p-mode

Got it. I thought you were referring to normal p mode (like your first post above stated). The side sensors are always off in normal p mode.
2018-12-1
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Sweden

not yet,,, there is only 1 p-mode as far as I know and that is normal p-mode and the sensors are off.. what im saying is wouldn't it be good if we had the choice to turn them on in normal p-mode
2018-12-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing your idea. As of the moment, the side sensors of the Mavic 2 series will only work in ActiveTrack, POI, QuickShot and Tripod mode. We will help you to forward this idea with our team to see if they could provide an option to turn on and off the side sensors in the future. Thank you for the support.
2018-12-2
Use props
covpack
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1295902 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-2 16:36
Hi, thanks for sharing your idea. As of the moment, the side sensors of the Mavic 2 series will only work in ActiveTrack, POI, QuickShot and Tripod mode. We will help you to forward this idea with our team to see if they could provide an option to turn on and off the side sensors in the future. Thank you for the support.

Great....I think that would also be a great update!! I have seen some crashes due to side senses not being on.
2018-12-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

covpack Posted at 12-2 18:28
Great....I think that would also be a great update!! I have seen some crashes due to side senses not being on.

Hi, sorry to know about the mishap that happens on your drone. I've forwarded the suggestion to our team to see what they can do about it. Thank you for the support.
2018-12-3
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Also agree that possibility to turn on/off side sensors in all modes should be present.
2018-12-3
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

I do want that too... side sensors would be awesome in normal P-mode!
2018-12-3
Use props
SCAMBO-1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Count me in too......What's the point of them being there if they are not activated

2018-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules