7435 5 2018-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11597195 ft
  • >>>
United States

I haven't flew my drones for a while. Today the weather is good, so I try to fly my Mavic Pro Platinum for a while, but I immediately recognized that my crystalsky showed only Mapbox instead of GPS. Even more, Mapbox only showed a black scream (see photo). I tried to switch to standard mode or hybrid mode or satellite mode, all showed the same. The radar still worked (see photo). In this situation, I cannot see the way of drone fly, and cannot adjust the direction of the drone when I tried to fly back. I watched several YOUTUBE video, some people said that I need to download offline map. I tried also but I can only download a very local area for total 20G, so I gave up.

My questions are:

1. Why DJI GO4 stop use GPS map, instead of Mapbox?

2. How can I get GPS back?

3. Does anybody use Mapbox? How to make it works for Crystalsky?

Thanks if any suggestion!

IMG_20181201_103411.jpg
IMG_20181201_103435.jpg
IMG_20181201_103457.jpg
IMG_20181201_103516.jpg
2018-12-1
Use props
cinnabun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 812995 ft
United States

You might need to connect your CS to the internet VIA wifi and then try loading the Mapbox maps on your CS and see if it works. You need to cache the maps on your CS and then you can go fly without the need to connect to the internet everytime. GPS should work as long as you are outside usually and have a good signal but will only display your location on the map. Hope this helps
2018-12-1
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11597195 ft
  • >>>
United States

cinnabun Posted at 12-1 08:00
You might need to connect your CS to the internet VIA wifi and then try loading the Mapbox maps on your CS and see if it works. You need to cache the maps on your CS and then you can go fly without the need to connect to the internet everytime. GPS should work as long as you are outside usually and have a good signal but will only display your location on the map. Hope this helps

Thank for your reply. I tried to download offline map, but it can only download a very small area.  I don't know when it switched to mapbox.

My P4P nerve has the problem, even I bring to other country. Frankly I just don't like mapbox. Whether there is a way to get GPS back?
2018-12-1
Use props
Kuruppu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 501877 ft
  • >>>
Sri Lanka

I have Same issue P4 Pro + Please Help me this issu
2019-4-23
Use props
djiuser_lPoXuTG8f5FM
lvl.1

Bonaire, Sint Eustatius, and Saba

I have the same issue and cannot find a solution anywhere
2021-6-30
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

DJI got away from Goggle Maps a couple of versions ago for the DJI Fly software. Unfortunately if you use their software, you will use mapbox.

I believe Dronelink uses Google Maps. I booted up the Crystal Sky to make sure but the battery was real low and is charging now. I wanted to make sure but if you go to Dronelink website you will see where they address the Crystal Sky.

As far as Caching the maps in DJI Go, I believe all I did to expand the maps while connected to Wifi was to open the area with your two fingers and it expand it to however large you want the area covered to be and cache the map. Just remember that the larger the area, the more memory you will consume. I think you maybe able to use the MicroSD card instead of the internal memory but I don't remember.

Dronelink and Litchi both work with no issue on the Crystal Sky.

Hope this helps.  
2021-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules