Can I do spherical panorama with Mavic 2 pro?
26965 29 2018-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vidjcb
First Officer
Flight distance : 13649508 ft
  • >>>
United States

Silly question but I just want to double check with you guys.

Thanks,

VIDJCB
2018-12-1
Use props
Duke56
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1761844 ft
United States

Here's an example of one using Mavic 2 Zoom.      https://drive.google.com/open?id ... jxNrwlRAcZjRaW1A9p_[/url]   SpericalPanarama
2018-12-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Duke56 Posted at 12-1 19:33
Here's an example of one using Mavic 2 Zoom.      https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jUOatRUNbUqkjjxNrwlRAcZjRaW1A9p_[/url]   SpericalPanarama

That's a yes then - nicely done
2018-12-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Vidjcb, thank you for bringing this query to us. Yes, the Mavic 2 Pro can do Spherical Panorama. Kindly refer to the Product Manual ( page 63 ). In the DJI Go 4 app, go to camera settings>photo>pano>sphere. Please see attached photo below for reference. Thank you. Do let us reach us again if you have concerns. Thank you.

2018-12-2
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440190 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-2 02:34
Hi Vidjcb, thank you for bringing this query to us. Yes, the Mavic 2 Pro can do Spherical Panorama. Kindly refer to the Product Manual ( page 63 ). In the DJI Go 4 app, go to camera settings>photo>pano>sphere. Please see attached photo below for reference. Thank you. Do let us reach us again if you have concerns. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks, great tip! Will try it out
2018-12-2
Use props
Vidjcb
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Duke56 Posted at 12-1 19:33
Here's an example of one using Mavic 2 Zoom.      https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jUOatRUNbUqkjjxNrwlRAcZjRaW1A9p_[/url]   SpericalPanarama

Thanks a lot!

However I am afraid that is a quickshot Asteroid

Best,

VIDJCB
2018-12-3
Use props
Vidjcb
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-2 02:34

[view_image]

Dear DJI Gamora,

That's awesome!

I wonder how many stills are the drone taking. Mavic Air is 25 and I can keep both pictures, JPEG and RAW

Is here the same?

Best,

VIDJCB
2018-12-3
Use props
Vidjcb
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

FlyingAnt Posted at 12-2 06:52
Thanks, great tip! Will try it out

Hi there,

Do you have the M2Pro? If so, could you please let me know how many stills are needed? Remember you may have to select the option to keep the stills not just the composed pano.

Best,

VIDJCB
2018-12-3
Use props
Vidjcb
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 12-2 01:21
That's a yes then - nicely done

Hi,

I read in another thread the Mavic Pro 2 has 90 degree limit because the size of the camera.... Is that true?

Best,

VIDJCB
2018-12-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Vidjcb Posted at 12-3 07:40
Hi,

I read in another thread the Mavic Pro 2 has 90 degree limit because the size of the camera.... Is that true?

No idea mate
2018-12-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Vidjcb Posted at 12-3 07:37
Dear DJI Gamora,

That's awesome!

Hi Vidjcb, that is correct. Thank you.
2018-12-3
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Okay, I tried the SPHERE today and it shows up on the screen.  BUT other than taking a screenshot (which I could not remember how to do), how do I save the resulting SPHERE?  I tried sharing it but I get a single photo that is distorted, obviously, around the center of the action but not a globe.  I have not looked in the drone itself yet.  But I know that I never seem to get any ASSEMBLED pans - only the individual shots.

Thanks in advance.
2018-12-3
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

ff22 Posted at 12-3 12:12
Okay, I tried the SPHERE today and it shows up on the screen.  BUT other than taking a screenshot (which I could not remember how to do), how do I save the resulting SPHERE?  I tried sharing it but I get a single photo that is distorted, obviously, around the center of the action but not a globe.  I have not looked in the drone itself yet.  But I know that I never seem to get any ASSEMBLED pans - only the individual shots.

Thanks in advance.

Select the option to save un-stitched images. Then download them to your computer and use MS ICE to stitch them.
Result will look like this:
d.jpg
2018-12-3
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

I'm still missing something (including younger gray matter)....

On the Drone I found this image:

That matches the image that I wound up SHARING from the drone via email.  I was hoping that the SHARE option would send the globe.  Using the MS ICE program I don't see a complete sphere.  

I may be choosing the wrong options.  Here's the closest I come

I THINK when I previewed after the shoot, I did see a globe.  I will hook up the tab, rc and drone and see if I can capture a screenshot.
2018-12-3
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

I got this screenshot showing a nice round, spherical globe

2018-12-3
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

ff22 Posted at 12-3 17:24
I got this screenshot showing a nice round, spherical globe

[view_image]

What’s the drone that this was shot on?
I’m asking because of the sky, on the spark it comes out just like that but on the mavic pro1 the sky is always overexposed.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-4
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Alex B. Posted at 12-4 02:51
What’s the drone that this was shot on?
I’m asking because of the sky, on the spark it comes out just like that but on the mavic pro1 the sky is always overexposed.

The Zoom.  It was sunny but aimed mainly north in Seattle where the sun only arcs to the south at this time of year.
2018-12-4
Use props
Vidjcb
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ff22 Posted at 12-3 12:12
Okay, I tried the SPHERE today and it shows up on the screen.  BUT other than taking a screenshot (which I could not remember how to do), how do I save the resulting SPHERE?  I tried sharing it but I get a single photo that is distorted, obviously, around the center of the action but not a globe.  I have not looked in the drone itself yet.  But I know that I never seem to get any ASSEMBLED pans - only the individual shots.

Thanks in advance.

OK You should either post it in Facebook, just upload it and FB will recognize it as a spherical panorama.

One More option is skypixel but sometimes it takes longer than expected to show the results.

My favorite is YouTube, it involves several steps but the result is, in my opinion stunning

2018-12-4
Use props
Vidjcb
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

One more thing:

Does anybody have a 360 panorama taken from Mavic 2 Pro? I am in the middle of a dilemma choosing between Zoom and Pro.... Not to mention the US 200 dilemma!
2018-12-4
Use props
arso96
lvl.1

Algeria

Even the RAW from the Mavic 1 still has enough dynamics, and with the Hasselblad it’s a lot more.

I often do Panorama like this one:
https://www.inselserver.de/fileadmin/pano/vernissage/

It’s quick and dirty, just the pano mode of GO4 (and 5 zenith from the ground), editing the RAWs in Lightroom and stitching with autopano.
2018-12-4
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Vidjcb Posted at 12-4 11:23
OK You should either post it in Facebook, just upload it and FB will recognize it as a spherical panorama.

One More option is skypixel but sometimes it takes longer than expected to show the results.

Does SkyPixel do SPHERICAL Pans?  I see 360 degree but not spheres.  
2018-12-4
Use props
Duke56
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1761844 ft
United States

Vidjcb Posted at 12-3 07:36
Thanks a lot!

However I am afraid that is a quickshot Asteroid

Thanks for correcting my mistake.
2018-12-5
Use props
Vidjcb
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Duke56 Posted at 12-5 12:53
Thanks for correcting my mistake.

No worries.
Have a safe flight,
VIDJCB
2018-12-5
Use props
Vidjcb
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

arso96 Posted at 12-4 12:14
Even the RAW from the Mavic 1 still has enough dynamics, and with the Hasselblad it’s a lot more.

I often do Panorama like this one:

OMG!

That pano is just breathtaking!!

Thanks for sharing it pal!

Quick question: Which drone model did you use for that pano?

Best,

VIDJCB
2018-12-5
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440190 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Vidjcb Posted at 12-5 13:09
OMG!

That pano is just breathtaking!!

Awesome! Must try it out
2018-12-18
Use props
Svendus
lvl.1
Sweden

i Think a Mavic Air will do  
2019-4-12
Use props
Svendus
lvl.1
Sweden

Svendus Posted at 4-12 01:34
i Think a Mavic Air will do

24 New DJI Mavic Air Arial Panoramas http://svendus.se/blog/?p=2792#.XLBbQqRS809
2019-4-12
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

In the above discussion I was definitely lost when introduced to 360/Spherical Pans.

Here's one

https://kuula.co/edit/7YMGd

and if you follow it, you can see others including

https://kuula.co/post/7Yyvg

Click on my ID to see others.

2019-4-12
Use props
Mark Ozga
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95 ft
United States

I think it only works in JPEG mode only, otherwise the option isn't shown in RAW or J+R
2020-2-16
Use props
Scoundrel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6089 ft
United States

ff22 Posted at 2018-12-3 16:36
I'm still missing something (including younger gray matter)....

On the Drone I found this image:

I know this thread is really old, but I read through it and didn't see this question answered. I just found the answer for myself and figured others could find it helpful.

You can download image viewers that know how to wrap and rotate panoramic shots like that so you can view it on your own computer. One such freeware program is FSPViewer.
http://www.fsoft.it/FSPViewer/
2020-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules