Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Moore-Grant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546765 ft

United Kingdom

Hello friends,

This happened just the other week.

I was flying Mavic Pro drone within feet of me around 5 feet from the ground & over a hard ground. As the ground rose the sensors did not seem to detect & the result was dragging the rear across the ground. There was no real damage apart from some scrapes on the rear motor caps & a single chipped prop.

The daylight was good at the time it happened.

Is there a minimum height before the Ultrasonic/Vision Sensor do not work? Do you have to be over a minimum height for them to function correctly?

Also, is there anyway to check that all the underside sensors are all fully operational? Or would it warn me if they are not fully working in the DJI Go 4 App?

I'm still loving flying this bit of tech. I still can't quite get over how incredibly advanceed this is, & being the first gen Mavic Pro. Brilliant stuff DJI.

Thanks
2018-12-2
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

to enable the quad to move up with terrain as it rises you need to use Terrain follow mode, the downward sensors dont automatically adjust the quad height in normal flight.
2018-12-2
Use props
Moore-Grant
lvl.4

United Kingdom

crash1sttime Posted at 12-2 05:04
Hi

to enable the quad to move up with terrain as it rises you need to use Terrain follow mode, the downward sensors dont automatically adjust the quad height in normal flight.

Hi,

I was expecting the drone to come to a full stop, not to have a very slow speed dragging crash.

I was bringing it lower to the ground too, but expected the sensors to kick in if there was not enough height.

Thanks though.
2018-12-2
Use props
Moore-Grant
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Is there a way of checking that both ultrasonic sensors are working correctly or would I get a warning if they are not?
2018-12-5
Use props
Moore-Grant
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Anyone know??
2018-12-7
Use props
Gazmg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

I f your talking about the front sensors then i guess the gradient was not full enough for the front to detect that an object was in front of it ,what did the app say ie warning you that something is in front of it..

Try this good info....

2018-12-8
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

Also, could you upload the flight log from the app to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ and post a link.

But as the other said, unless you are in the Terrain follow mode, AND unless some obstacle suddenly appears in front of the drone, it will notr stop or rise because of a rising terrain.

It's your responsibility as a pilot to read the instruments (VPS altitude on either the controller or the app) and make the appropriate adjustments to your altitude
2018-12-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Moore-Grant. I am sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic Pro. The DJI Mavic Pro downward vision system is only effective when the aircraft is at altitude of 0.3 meters to 13 meters. If in case that your DJI Mavic Pro is not working properly after this incident on your next flights. The best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support for further analysis and help. Thank you for supporting DJI.
2018-12-11
Use props
Moore-Grant
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hello All,

Yes, I have calibrated the vision system. I was just wanting to know if it either warned you, of there was a test, if the ultrasonic sensors were not working correctly?

Having said all that, it might have dropped below the 0.3 meters minimum altitude before it scraped along the ground.

Either way, it only left some very minor scrapes on the rear motor bottom covers. A light sanding removed them & you would not know now. My Mavic is from 2017, so it does has the odd mark only due to normal flight. Seen more marks created in the late summer days, when it flew into swarms of flies or other insects.

They do make a good aerial fly blender don't they? Ha.

Thanks for the help guys.
2018-12-11
Use props
Moore-Grant
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hello All,

Yes, I have calibrated the vision system. I was just wanting to know if it either warned you, of there was a test, if the ultrasonic sensors were not working correctly?

So if anyone knows that it would be greta to hear from them?

Cheers
2018-12-17
Use props
Armazia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 125069 ft
Netherlands

Moore-Grant Posted at 12-17 05:49
Hello All,

When the vision sensors are faulty, you will get an error in the DJI App. I guess if the Ultrasonic doesn't work you would get an error aswell (haven't seen this error myself tho).

What I would do to test ultrasonic is;

1. In a quiet location hear if you can hear ticking from the bottom of the bird, does it tick? Then the ultrasonic sensor does emit.

2. Hover about 3m above ground (if you think the sensor is faulty, try above a soft ground type), then lower the drone slowly and check if it slows down when its near the ground and lands.

3. Repeat step 2 a couple of times till you can just full throttle lower the drone and it lands.

4 Try the auto land feature. Just hover again and land it auto. It should land.

If these steps succeed, the ultrasonic sensors are working fine, as they are being used for the landing sequence.
2018-12-17
Use props
Moore-Grant
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Armazia Posted at 12-17 06:36
When the vision sensors are faulty, you will get an error in the DJI App. I guess if the Ultrasonic doesn't work you would get an error aswell (haven't seen this error myself tho).

What I would do to test ultrasonic is;

That is all very helpful.

Many thanks
2018-12-17
Use props
Moore-Grant
lvl.4

United Kingdom

The Ultrasonic sensors are clicking so all good.

Thanks for the tip Armazia.
2018-12-18
Use props
Armazia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 125069 ft
Netherlands

Moore-Grant Posted at 12-18 07:36
The Ultrasonic sensors are clicking so all good.

Thanks for the tip Armazia.

Remember when its clicking, its working half, you got two of those ultrasonic sensors; 1 for the transmission of that clicking sound and one who receives the clicking sound back. If its clicking you know the one who transmits works Just try the landing sequences, if that works then you are fine.
2018-12-19
Use props
Moore-Grant
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Will do, so thanks again.
2018-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules