Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tello records video on Android not IOS
1862 12 2018-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
George Vernon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31302 ft
Australia

Tello records video on Android not IOS. iPhone freezes when video Record is stopped. Tested on iPad as well, same problem. Sony Android phone works well. IOS App needs some work. Setting Video Record on the iPhone to 720p 30 fps allowed video to be recorded but the App froze most of the time.
2018-12-2
Use props
Cepheroh
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1691959 ft

Malaysia

I have also reported the same to Ryze support and they have informed their engineers. Hopefully the fix in the next App update. Its affecting all IOS Users around the world...
2018-12-2
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Thanks for your time reaching us George. I agree with you that IOS APP needs some work,  for which our engineer is dedicated to pushing forward next version.
If you have a compatible Android device, please use it for the time being. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
2018-12-2
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Cepheroh Posted at 12-2 17:06
I have also reported the same to Ryze support and they have informed their engineers. Hopefully the fix in the next App update. Its affecting all IOS Users around the world...

Thanks for contacting us with this unpleasant issue before Cepheroh, we definitely can understand how important it is to users. Per it,  we have advised the R&D office to speed up the analysis and experiment of Next APP version. Sorry!
2018-12-2
Use props
George Vernon
lvl.1
Australia

RYZE took the time to reply to my post and keep me informed about the issue. RYZE soon made an update available that fixed the issue. Thank you for your excellent communication and thanks to the great engineers working to resolve the problem. The Tello now works on Android and IOS devices. Thanks again.
2018-12-5
Use props
Cepheroh
Second Officer

Malaysia

George Vernon Posted at 12-5 14:49
RYZE took the time to reply to my post and keep me informed about the issue. RYZE soon made an update available that fixed the issue. Thank you for your excellent communication and thanks to the great engineers working to resolve the problem. The Tello now works on Android and IOS devices. Thanks again.

So George what was the solution Ryze gave for the App Freeze?
2018-12-5
Use props
George Vernon
lvl.1
Australia

Firmware Update yesterday fixed the problem.
2018-12-5
Use props
Cepheroh
Second Officer

Singapore

George Vernon Posted at 12-5 16:57
Firmware Update yesterday fixed the problem.

Great! will try it tonight to update firmware. Long time din't fly the Tello since App always freeze.
2018-12-5
Use props
Cepheroh
Second Officer

Singapore

Cepheroh Posted at 12-5 22:45
Great! will try it tonight to update firmware. Long time din't fly the Tello since App always freeze.

I don't see any new firmware update notification from Ryze  in forum or in their main webpage.
2018-12-5
Use props
George Vernon
lvl.1
Australia

After installing the update yesterday the Tello recorded 5 separate videos on the iPhone without the App freezing. I just tested it again today and the App freezes when recording is stopped. It must have just been a coincidence that the App did not freeze yesterday. Sorry for giving false hope. I thought the problem was solved but it is not. Back to the Android phone for now.
2018-12-6
Use props
BumblerBee
First Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

Cepheroh Posted at 12-2 17:06

Here's to that hope. Same problem here.
2018-12-7
Use props
BEEGNAZ
lvl.3

South Africa

This problem has been reported over a month ago. Can Ryze not put the previous version back in the meanwhile and work on the faulty version offline
2018-12-8
Use props
BEEGNAZ
lvl.3

South Africa

Theres something that both DJI and Ryze has to learn.
"get it right the first time". You may have the technological sense to design excellent  drones, but you do not have the training to understand the meaning of customer satisfaction. You operate like cowboys with no proper governance procedures for new releases of software or firmware.
2018-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules