1876 54 2018-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

For us it has been a busy but very enjoyable year, travelling the length and breadth of Ireland Filming and recording with our Drones Mavic Pro-Air-Inspire-Phantom & lately our Ronin-S. We have much to learn still but are enjoying the process tremendiously and looking forward to fair weather and blue skies next year. The following is just snippets from Ireland filmed with our DJI products pro-Air-Inspire-Phantom and our Ronin-s so I hope you enjoy.

2018-12-2
Use props
JAgraphics
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Very nice.
2018-12-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hey John & Michelle, it’s fantastic really well put together, you show our country off really well in both this video and all others both of ye have made, it’s fairly evident from this both your skills flying, filiming and editing are greatly improving, and you set a high standard, I wish ye both well for the upcoming year , and many more successful flights and more great videos. Thank you.

“God knows how many times we miss nice things near at hand!”
2018-12-2
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Thank you.
2018-12-2
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 12-2 16:11
Hey John & Michelle, it’s fantastic really well put together, you show our country off really well in both this video and all others both of ye have made, it’s fairly evident from this both your skills flying, filiming and editing are greatly improving, and you set a high standard, I wish ye both well for the upcoming year , and many more successful flights and more great videos. Thank you.

Thanks Hallmark, we really appreciate your very kind comments and your invaluable knowledge you have shared with the whole community. Count yourself as one we have learnt from and hope to continue to learn from, now and into the future. The past year has presented us with challenges and next year hopefully we will be faced with new exciting challenges, so for us there is more to come. I hope we will continue to learn, but most of all enjoy our droning experiences, so thanks to DJI.

Ireland for those that have never visited or graced our shores is without doubt unspoilt and picturesque from North to South.  We invite you to visit our shores and enjoy the welcome you will receive.
2018-12-2
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

So very nice John, you have captured it so lovely.
You are blessed with a beautiful landscape which you present in a very very nice way.

Happy and safe flying
2018-12-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow.
Amazing video!
2018-12-3
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

Very good presentation
Which software did you use for this video?
Very nice smooth flying!!
2018-12-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

M2Wair Posted at 12-2 17:28
Thanks Hallmark, we really appreciate your very kind comments and your invaluable knowledge you have shared with the whole community. Count yourself as one we have learnt from and hope to continue to learn from, now and into the future. The past year has presented us with challenges and next year hopefully we will be faced with new exciting challenges, so for us there is more to come. I hope we will continue to learn, but most of all enjoy our droning experiences, so thanks to DJI.

Ireland for those that have never visited or graced our shores is without doubt unspoilt and picturesque from North to South.  We invite you to visit our shores and enjoy the welcome you will receive.

Your very welcome.
2018-12-3
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Flybee Posted at 12-2 22:40
So very nice John, you have captured it so lovely.
You are blessed with a beautiful landscape which you present in a very very nice way.

Thank you very much, greatly appreciate your kind words, for what its worth it is the culmination of practice and listening to advice shared on this forum is what has seen us make tiny steps towards getting it slightly right and 100% enjoyment in doing so.
2018-12-3
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Thanks Monty, we take that as a complement and do appreciate your kind words.
2018-12-3
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

HendrikJB Posted at 12-3 04:08
Very good presentation
Which software did you use for this video?
Very nice smooth flying!!

Thanks HendrikJB appreciated.

We use final Cut Pro X after trying countless others and found FCPX to be fabulous.
2018-12-3
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

M2Wair Posted at 12-3 04:32
Thanks HendrikJB appreciated.

We use final Cut Pro X after trying countless others and found FCPX to be fabulous.

The real thing is that some software suit personal workflow better than other software. Editing (for me mostly cutting out unwanted or repetitive scenes or jerky footage) works the best for me with Microsoft Movie Maker 2016.  However the results of adding transitions is horrendous and music is slightly better.  
On my last video (L`Agulhas......) adding an intro was just about impossible and it completely buggered up a Google Earth clip that I wanted to use as the intro.

Finally being retired I cannot afford "pro" products which means I have to go with "free"
2018-12-3
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

HendrikJB Posted at 12-3 04:56
The real thing is that some software suit personal workflow better than other software. Editing (for me mostly cutting out unwanted or repetitive scenes or jerky footage) works the best for me with Microsoft Movie Maker 2016.  However the results of adding transitions is horrendous and music is slightly better.  
On my last video (L`Agulhas......) adding an intro was just about impossible and it completely buggered up a Google Earth clip that I wanted to use as the intro.

Have you tried Davinchi Resolve! That as far as I remember was free and a great application too. Handles everything you do and so much more, if we hadn't upgraded our laptops to MacBook Pros and changed our PC to an iMac we would still be using Davinchi Resolve. Sure the upgrade cost was painful to the wallet but worth every single penny. (did I just say that out loud!)
2018-12-3
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice to see Ireland from above!  
2018-12-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

M2Wair Posted at 12-3 04:30
Thanks Monty, we take that as a complement and do appreciate your kind words.

It was ment like that
You're welcome!
2018-12-3
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

JJBspark Posted at 12-3 05:23
Very nice to see Ireland from above!

Thanks JJB you have to visit Ireland, great place to fly and a few pints of the black stuff after a hard day flying goes down a treat lol
2018-12-3
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Montfrooij Posted at 12-3 05:23
It was ment like that
You're welcome!

Thanks buddy
2018-12-3
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Outstanding. Great way to show off Ireland.
2018-12-3
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

M2Wair Posted at 12-3 05:12
Have you tried Davinchi Resolve! That as far as I remember was free and a great application too. Handles everything you do and so much more, if we hadn't upgraded our laptops to MacBook Pros and changed our PC to an iMac we would still be using Davinchi Resolve. Sure the upgrade cost was painful to the wallet but worth every single penny. (did I just say that out loud!)

Thank you for your quick reply and good advice

I assume that I will just have to bite -the-bullet, sit down, and use the YouTube videos to learn how to use Da Vinci Resolve.
2018-12-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2018-12-3
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

M2Wair Posted at 12-3 05:25
Thanks JJB you have to visit Ireland, great place to fly and a few pints of the black stuff after a hard day flying goes down a treat lol

i know, love the extra cold Guinness!
2018-12-3
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Woe Posted at 12-3 05:33
Outstanding. Great way to show off Ireland.

Thanks buddy, already looking forward to the warmer weather and settled flying conditions next year.
2018-12-3
Use props
BHProductions
First Officer
Flight distance : 43018593 ft
United States

Well if that isn't motivation to go visit Ireland...Excellent video!
2018-12-3
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

HendrikJB Posted at 12-3 05:36

I assume that I will just have to bite -the-bullet, sit down, and use the YouTube videos to learn how to use Da Vinci Resolve.

Yeah, sitting in front of youtube does get tiresome but the snippets of information you pick up are well worth it, so watch as many tutorials as you can and if you're anything like me, make notes lol
2018-12-3
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

BHProductions Posted at 12-3 07:59
Well if that isn't motivation to go visit Ireland...Excellent video!

Thanks for the kind words. Ireland is a drone pilots paradise, wide open spaces and never enough batteries. You'd be made very welcome too.
2018-12-3
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Beautiful Footage.
Watching your videos is just like being there in person.
2018-12-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good work John
2018-12-3
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

B1houdini Posted at 12-3 08:35
Beautiful Footage.
Watching your videos is just like being there in person.

Thanks buddy, really appreciated. Looking forward to warmer weather, it has got cold here lol
2018-12-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

M2Wair Posted at 12-3 05:12

I just can’t go back to davinci since I got used to working with FCP X.
2018-12-3
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

A CW Posted at 12-3 09:03
Good work John

Thanks Andy, the year gone has been a blast, lets hope next year is just as good, the beast is going to get more air time
2018-12-3
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 12-3 09:44
I just can’t go back to davinci since I got used to working with FCP X.

Nor me, Final Cut Pro X is fantastic and so much more to be explored. Going to be doing that over Christmas when theres nothing on TV
2018-12-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

M2Wair Posted at 12-3 09:48
Nor me, Final Cut Pro X is fantastic and so much more to be explored. Going to be doing that over Christmas when theres nothing on TV

Is TV still a thing , lol
2018-12-3
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 12-3 11:43
Is TV still a thing , lol

Apparently it is a woman thing I'd sooner watch paint dry.
2018-12-3
Use props
Sky Carrier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 590102 ft
India

Beautiful country. Well edited. Thanks for sharing
2018-12-3
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Sky Carrier Posted at 12-3 15:35
Beautiful country. Well edited. Thanks for sharing

Thank you for your kind comment, appreciated.
2018-12-3
Use props
Mavic_Jay
First Officer
Flight distance : 2113419 ft
United Kingdom

Some really stunning shot within the video mate, well done it looks really good
2018-12-3
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Mavic_Jay Posted at 12-3 16:18
Some really stunning shot within the video mate, well done it looks really good

Thanks mate, appreciate your kind comments.
2018-12-3
Use props
Mavic_Jay
First Officer
Flight distance : 2113419 ft
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 12-3 17:13
Thanks mate, appreciate your kind comments.

Your welcome, well done
2018-12-3
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

HendrikJB Posted at 12-3 05:36

As well as the normal tutorials we (the wife and I) follow Mauros Films and Wellsi amongst others on the tube as most come up with snippets that have helped come to terms with difficult software programmes for editing...... this is how you fly film and edit sort of stuff. Been invaluable to me.
2018-12-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules