Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark Images
681 5 2018-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jamiecann
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Good morning all!

Finally got my second flight in yesterday, it’s just been so wet and windy!!

Question for you all, I have a memory card in my spark, if I download images to my phone through the app are they going to be a different quality to if I download them to my pc from the memory card itself?

I read on here that if you have no memory card and they go direct to your phone that the quality is no where near as good.

The reason I ask is I downloaded a couple to my iPhone from the memory card through the app last night and the quality looks average at best.

Thanks in advance,

Jay
2018-12-3
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

The quality should be the same directly from the sd card and downloading from your card in the app.
You can download directly from the sd card and compare it to the one you downloaded just to make sure that they are the same.
The video downloaded without a card to the phone is cached video in lower quality than from sd card. But a little plus is that on the cache copy you can record sound, the mic is in the remote.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-3
Use props
FulanitoFlyer
lvl.3
Chile

As Alex says if you get it directly from the SD card should be the best quality. Make sure your not seeing the cached image / video as it will not be as good.  
2018-12-3
Use props
jamiecann
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks for your responses!

That could be it, I’m downloading them through the app when the spark is turned off so I’m presuming that is just the cached image stored within the app!

This is the image attached below, it just looks really low quality so I’m sure that’s the problem!
25CBD66E-D58D-4D25-B249-66E452F0326C.jpeg
2018-12-3
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Yep, that’s cached image. Ofcourse the spark needs to be on when you are transferring images.
To transfer them you need to go into live view and then press on the right bottom hand corner on the play button and download from there.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. There will be two files that would save on your devices, one is for your mobile phone and the other is on the sd card. The file on your app is only cache files meaning it's a low-quality video that you could easily watch over the phone, however, the files on the SD card it the real quality video that you've set on the DJI Go 4 app. Thank you for the support.
2018-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules