Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Amazon batteries any good?
2056 18 2018-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alex B.
Captain
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Hi all
So I’m thinking of getting some new batteries and these not original ones have really good reviews on amazon. https://www.amazon.es/Powerextra ... s=Mavic+Pro+battery
What do you think? I know you are not supposed to use not original props and batteries as it’s the most important things that keeps your drone in the air.
I’m using original props, but these batteries why not? I mean I’ll test them out first because a guy I know sells 2 of those. He says they fly just like the original ones, time wise and all. He never had any errors or messages on the screen regarding battery incompatibility or something like it. Also the battery charge cycle works, the quality looks very good made also. Not like some other cheap Chinese copies that you can get on Ali exprese, where you can see the glue and all.
Thanks all.

P.s. I have a not original battery for my Yuneec q500 and I’ve never experienced any issues with it.

Flysafely all and enjoy
Alex
2018-12-3
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
First Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

the guy that runs the drone valley youtube channel did a review.. claims they are A+.. the batts even took several downgrade and upgrade firmware pushes without bricking which he claims is a first in the 3rd party battery testing he has done.. normally a DJI firmware update that messes with the battery tends to brick most 3rd party stuff..
2018-12-3
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 12-3 04:48
the guy that runs the drone valley youtube channel did a review.. claims they are A+.. the batts even took several downgrade and upgrade firmware pushes without bricking which he claims is a first in the 3rd party battery testing he has done.. normally a DJI firmware update that messes with the battery tends to brick most 3rd party stuff..

Thanks!
I bought them, I’m pretty confident in them too, they are excellently built.
Only complain thát I have is that the locking in clips are not as good as DJI ones and you just have to pull the battery after inserting it just to make sure that the clips are closed, but apart from that, so far excellent.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-3
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
First Officer
United States

Alex B. Posted at 12-3 05:45
Thanks!
I bought them, I’m pretty confident in them too, they are excellently built.
Only complain thát I have is that the locking in clips are not as good as DJI ones and you just have to pull the battery after inserting it just to make sure that the clips are closed, but apart from that, so far excellent.

keep us posted.. always good to find battery deals

2018-12-3
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 12-3 05:48
keep us posted.. always good to find battery deals

Sure I will
I’m going to fly now and report later on about the batteries.
I got 2, 1 with 3 charges and the other with 6 charges for 80 euros, not bad I think.
One question, there is no way to update just the battery on the Mavic Pro like you can for example update the batteries separately on the spark?
Don’t think I saw that in about options.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-3
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
First Officer
United States

Alex B. Posted at 12-3 05:51
Sure I will
I’m going to fly now and report later on about the batteries.
I got 2, 1 with 3 charges and the other with 6 charges for 80 euros, not bad I think.

only way I know to ensure the battery is on the same firmware spark/mavic is to re-update the aircraft with the battery installed..

only at least the spark reports the battery firmware version in Go 4 while the mavic doesn't.. although I would hope either would give you a firmware mismatch error in the power up system check...

been a while since I had to update batts
2018-12-3
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

Well so far i get no errors of mismatched firmware in the app with these batteries.
They are working just like the original ones.

Fly safely and enjoy
Alex
2018-12-3
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alex B. Posted at 12-3 06:32
Well so far i get no errors of mismatched firmware in the app with these batteries.
They are working just like the original ones.

how much flight time are you getting?
2018-12-3
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
First Officer
United States

Woe Posted at 12-3 06:40

the drone vally review guy said he was getting slightly more from the power up .. but they were newer than his mavic batteries in the test.. he flew them for a dozen or so cycles for the review..

only issues I have had with aftermarket batteries.. laptops, cameras,, whatever.. is

1 they never seem to have the same longevity (charge cycles) before waring out
2 they sometimes don't discharge quite as linearly especially over many charges..

boils down to overall quality and really only time will tell ..

but unlike a camera or a laptop.. and unexpected battery issue on a drone is usually terminal ..
2018-12-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 12-3 06:45
the drone vally review guy said he was getting slightly more from the power up .. but they were newer than his mavic batteries in the test.. he flew them for a dozen or so cycles for the review..

only issues I have had with aftermarket batteries.. laptops, cameras,, whatever.. is

but unlike a camera or a laptop.. and unexpected battery issue on a drone is usually terminal ..

I see what you did there.  
2018-12-3
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

Woe Posted at 12-3 06:40

24/25 minutes. They work flawlessly. I get 23 minutes max with the original ones.

Fly safely
Alex
2018-12-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this information. We would highly be recommending our customers to use genuine DJI Products to ensure the stability of the performance of the drones and maintain it as well with upcoming firmware updates. Using non-DJI batteries wouldn't ensure the performance of your aircraft especially if there are firmware updates and possible warranty avoidance as well. You may check the image below for your reference. Thank you for understanding.

2018-12-3
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

Thank you for the concern DJI Tony but these batteries can perform firmware upgrade and downgrade with no issues. I understand that using them voids the warranty, but if one doesn’t have the warranty then it’s his or hers choice I think to use them or not.

Flysafely all and enjoy
Alex
2018-12-3
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alex B. Posted at 12-3 09:18
24/25 minutes. They work flawlessly. I get 23 minutes max with the original ones.

Fly safely

Thanks for the info Alex.
2018-12-3
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

Woe Posted at 12-3 18:46
Thanks for the info Alex.

You are welcome Woe!

Flysafely and enjoy
Alex
2018-12-4
Use props
Nancy SEO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 434849 ft
United States

Alex B. Posted at 12-3 09:18
24/25 minutes. They work flawlessly. I get 23 minutes max with the original ones.

Fly safely

Good to know; every minute we can squeeze out of these birds is great. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
2018-12-4
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

Nancy SEO Posted at 12-4 13:01
Good to know; every minute we can squeeze out of these birds is great. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

You are welcome
Those batteries really do feel like they last longer and they do, I get 25 minutes of flight time with them, which I can’t do on the original ones.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-4
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
First Officer
United States

Alex B. Posted at 12-4 14:31
You are welcome
Those batteries really do feel like they last longer and they do, I get 25 minutes of flight time with them, which I can’t do on the original ones.

its probably not surprising since the 2 sparks and mavic pro that I bought in September and October of 2018 where shipped with batteries that had mfg dates that were more than a year old..

talk about old stock.. hibernation or not .. sitting on a shelf for more than a year has to take a toll
2018-12-4
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

Hi all
Just a quick update, the batteries are working perfectly. I’m getting 25 minutes of flight time with them, 27 if pushing them to the max I think
Only one little thing to notice is that, even after you switch the battery off after a 25 minutes flight, the Mavic Pro light that’s at the bottom, blinks for a little while, when if you switch off the original battery then the bottom light doesn’t blink.
But that doesn’t affect the performance at all

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules