Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DGCA Regulation: NPNT Compliance for DJI
14748 37 2018-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SURESHBAABU
lvl.3
India

Hi Dji,

In India, on 27th Aug 2018 DGCA(Director General of Civil Aviation) issued regulations for drones usages in India. 1st of December 2018 launched the portal(https://digitalsky.dgca.gov.in) to register the drones but the portal is not working properly are not finished yet, DGCA announced compulsory of registration and NPNT(No Permission No Take-off) compliance will from 1st Jan. 2018.

I hope DJI will know these above informations already, I/we hope are all interested to fly the drones legally in India. Please share us some information about NPNT compliance...

Thanks,
A.Sureshbabu

2018-12-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Surely that information is for the DGCA to provide, not DJI. DJI are not responsible for ensuring compliance of their aircraft in various countries.
2018-12-3
Use props
SURESHBAABU
lvl.3
India

Geebax Posted at 12-3 21:29
Surely that information is for the DGCA to provide, not DJI. DJI are not responsible for ensuring compliance of their aircraft in various countries.

Our DJI GO app is always going to be standalone to access and control the drone. So, what I understand is DJI will not going to provide/create a DGCA-login page to access the DJI GO app.
2018-12-3
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Geebax Posted at 12-3 21:29

Looking through their FAQ, it appears they have invented their own bureaucratic nightmare with fees of approx US$355 to register a drone, foreigners not allowed to fly drones etc.
Their NPNT sounds like they want flyers to get clearance for every flight for every drone above 250grams.
This is all they say about the NPNT:
7. What is NPNT and how do I comply with that?
NPNT or ‘No Permission – No Take-off” is a software programme that enables every RPA (except Nano) to obtain a valid permissions through digital sky platform before operating in India. Please contact your OEM/ Manufacturer for complying with this requirement.

Maybe it's a program or app that the Indian authorities intend to release?
But why you'd need to contact the manufacturer makes it sound like they expect manufacturers to come up with something?

Since the NPNT is their own invention and they haven't explained it at all well, I'd say the Indian authorities need to explain it a lot better if they want anyone to comply.

2018-12-3
Use props
SURESHBAABU
lvl.3
India

Labroides Posted at 12-3 22:15
Looking through their FAQ, it appears they have invented their own bureaucratic nightmare with fees of approx US$355 to register a drone, foreigners not allowed to fly drones etc.
Their NPNT sounds like they want flyers to get clearance for every flight for every drone above 250grams.
This is all they say about the NPNT:

To register the drone that means to get UIN is US$15 only, to get a pilot license is US$355.
-------------------------------------------------------
What is NPNT and how do I comply with that?
NPNT or ‘No Permission – No Take-off” is a software programme that enables every RPA (except Nano) to obtain valid permission through digital sky platform before operating in India. Please contact your OEM/ Manufacturer for complying with this requirement.

But why you'd need to contact the manufacturer makes it sound like they expect manufacturers to come up with something?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018-12-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this information. We're hoping that this portal will be fixed as soon as possible for you to be able to register the drone and abide by the drone policies in India. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you need assistance with our DJI Products. Thank you for continued support.
2018-12-4
Use props
SURESHBAABU
lvl.3
India

DJI Tony Posted at 12-4 13:33
Hi, thanks for sharing this information. We're hoping that this portal will be fixed as soon as possible for you to be able to register the drone and abide by the drone policies in India. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you need assistance with our DJI Products. Thank you for continued support.

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the support,

In India, people are consuming plenty of Micro-level(below 2Kg) drones for Photography & Filming purposes, mostly in the wedding's and are they not going to fly more than 200feet, So they don't need to get a pilot license for US$355, but they've to register and get a UIN for US$15.

The present status of DGCA - Digital Sky web portal saying that "We currently are awaiting manufacturers to be compliant to the system"  
2018-12-4
Use props
Mark Weiss
First Officer
United States

SURESHBAABU Posted at 12-4 17:06
Hi Tony,

Thanks for the support,

I guess India has no Ex Post Facto laws, so they can just make new laws restricting preexisting freedoms. Sad.
2018-12-5
Use props
fansf0ee20eb
New
India

DJI Tony Posted at 12-4 13:33

Hi DJI,
We Indian Drone Flyers would request DJI to kindly go through DGCA website (link given by Suresh) and study the document given there, they have given details for compliance for manufacturers, also the software programming required details.

Complying with the same will not only be helpful to users but also will be financially beneficial to the manufacturer too as currently DJI is the most popular brand in India, the company will also be beneficiary of business in Indian population.
2018-12-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fansf0ee20eb Posted at 12-6 09:14
Hi DJI,
We Indian Drone Flyers would request DJI to kindly go through DGCA website (link given by Suresh) and study the document given there, they have given details for compliance for manufacturers, also the software programming required details.

The sales to India would be tiny in comparison to those in the US and elsewhere. DJI is not going to produce a model designed to meet the DGCA specifications unlesas it already meets them. In fact the DGCA is delusional if it thinks drone makers are going to cater to its requirements.
2018-12-6
Use props
Goldenseal
First Officer
Flight distance : 487034 ft
United States

DJI world leader in government and drone complacence control!  
I'd be happier if they would leave it to the governments to do the complacence and control. DJI, just keep making good drones.
2018-12-6
Use props
Noushad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 390 ft
Bahrain

Any idea on Digital Sky why the 'Application for Importing Drones' not showing the drop down menu to choose the Drone type?
2018-12-17
Use props
Prachat
New
Australia

I had a discussion with DGCA officer and they want drone manufacturer  to abide by compliance.
Also they said that they will check with the site developer why drop down is not showing up for drone type.
2018-12-23
Use props
SURESHBAABU
lvl.3
India

Prachat Posted at 12-23 20:52
I had a discussion with DGCA officer and they want drone manufacturer  to abide by compliance.
Also they said that they will check with the site developer why drop down is not showing up for drone type.

DJI saying the INDIAN market is too small for their products. So they can't support DGCA requirements/compliances. We know how many DJI Phantoms are presently using in INDIA and all that drones are illegally routed through Hongkong & Singapore, DJI knows very well of all these pieces of information.
2018-12-23
Use props
djiuser_ZOrgU1ubVS2t
New

Japan

SURESHBAABU Posted at 12-23 21:38
DJI saying the INDIAN market is too small for their products. So they can't support DGCA requirements/compliances. We know how many DJI Phantoms are presently using in INDIA and all that drones are illegally routed through Hongkong & Singapore, DJI knows very well of all these pieces of information.

DGCA's requirements are insane! How do they expect drone manufacturers to put a piece of code written by some Indian company in their drone! I am planning to create a post on change.org to expose these weird regulations and get some traction from drone owners in India.

As of now doesn't look like we will ever be able to import a dji drone legally in India.
2018-12-27
Use props
djiuser_ZOrgU1ubVS2t
New

Japan

Prachat Posted at 12-23 20:52

I got this reply from the Deputy Director of DGCA:

"Reference is made to your grievance lodged in CPGRAMS (link removed).
The matter has been examined by this office. Regulations/ procedures regarding operation of RPAS (including import) are available in DGCA website  (link removed) under tab “Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS)” alternatively you may use this weblink  (link removed) . It is requested to read the documents specified in the above link and to comply with the regulations/ procedures mentioned above.
Further, it is advised to approach your drone’s OEM/manufacturer and ask them to comply with equipment requirements/ minimum standards especially NPNT requirement. Once, the manufacturer shows compliance to DGCA that their RPAS/ drone meets the above equipment requirements/ minimum standards especially NPNT requirement, that particular model will populated in the selection. Then, you will be able to apply for Import Permission, UIN and/or UAOP as the case may be.

This issues with approval of competent authority.

Best Regards,

K. Thulasiraman

Deputy Director (Aircraft Engineering)
"

What this means is unless we get the drone approved by DGCA, it won't show up on that list. Since no one has been able to successfully get a drone approved, the list is empty. The form to get the drone approved is  (link removed). The onus is on us to fill this and send it to WPC Wing, Department of Telecommunication. Insane!

2018-12-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

djiuser_ZOrgU1ubVS2t Posted at 12-27 22:42
I got this reply from the Deputy Director of DGCA:

"Reference is made to your grievance lodged in CPGRAMS (link removed).

Worse than that is the statement 'Further, it is advised to approach your drone’s OEM/manufacturer and ask them to comply with equipment requirements/ minimum standards especially NPNT requirement.'

As already noted, DJI do not sell enough aircraft in your country to warrant them producing a version that complies with the regulations, and neither does any other manufacturer. The DGCA has their head in the sand if they think any maker will make aircraft that comply.

2018-12-27
Use props
SURESHBAABU
lvl.3
India

Geebax Posted at 12-27 23:53
Worse than that is the statement 'Further, it is advised to approach your drone’s OEM/manufacturer and ask them to comply with equipment requirements/ minimum standards especially NPNT requirement.'

As already noted, DJI do not sell enough aircraft in your country to warrant them producing a version that complies with the regulations, and neither does any other manufacturer. The DGCA has their head in the sand if they think any maker will make aircraft that comply.

Here, the conversations are like the cat the bell, The reply from DJI people are very supportive and polite.
But I expected the solution, So the result is no solution to it.

Thanks, DJI! All the best for your future drones.
2018-12-28
Use props
krupakaran
Flight distance : 4331 ft
United States

Honestly the its a comical aspect and insanity of DGCA to ask  drone manufacturers to come with some compliance stuff to meet their requirements which ideally they should be bring about, eventually they have created a dummy portal for name sake
2019-1-3
Use props
krupakaran
United States

Perhaps DGCA doesn't even know how and what to regulate the rules as for drones are concerned and confiscation of drones by way of importing by consumers has become a luxurious option for them
2019-1-3
Use props
krupakaran
United States

SURESHBAABU Posted at 2018-12-28 03:35
Here, the conversations are like the cat the bell, The reply from DJI people are very supportive and polite.
But I expected the solution, So the result is no solution to it.

Still one has the ability to fly the drones at remote places until this get through
2019-1-3
Use props
iyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2461 ft
United States

Any update here - has anybody heard anything? Thanks!
2019-1-31
Use props
EllieWorldwide
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi, is there any uppdate on this? Are there any drone manufacturers whose firmware is compliant with the NPNT policy or is the list of acceptable drones still empty?
2019-2-1
Use props
SURESHBAABU
lvl.3
India

EllieWorldwide Posted at 2-1 14:43
Hi, is there any uppdate on this? Are there any drone manufacturers whose firmware is compliant with the NPNT policy or is the list of acceptable drones still empty?

Nothing! Indian manufacturers are working on it but I don't know how long it'll take. How the product is going to use for us.
2019-2-1
Use props
krupakaran
United States

Well had a case raised with DGCA and it appears that the ball is in manufacturers court wherein they will have to incorporate the changes in their app/firmware in order to be NPNT compliant with Indian regulations
2019-2-4
Use props
djiuser_sleubcxk5K8w
New

India

So till now the NPNT feature has not been added to the dji app? How do you people fly your drones, with or without permission?
2019-2-7
Use props
djiuser_sleubcxk5K8w
New

India

If I need to take permission every time I need to fly, I think I'm better off buying the DJI Tello drone. If you guys fly without seeking permission, then I'll probably buy the Mavic Air.
2019-2-7
Use props
krupakaran
United States

djiuser_sleubcxk5K8w Posted at 2-7 23:25
If I need to take permission every time I need to fly, I think I'm better off buying the DJI Tello drone. If you guys fly without seeking permission, then I'll probably buy the Mavic Air.

Well basically its without the permission, but stay flying the drones within the VLOS and the altitude, not sure if at all this kind of an compliance will be implemented at all due to its intricacies
2019-2-8
Use props
dr_abraham
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10377 ft
India

DGCA has added support for 2 drone manufacturers
: Patang model made by skylark drones , Bengaluru
And Outlook Volt Pras. I think these are Indian manufacturers of drones and DJI is still not on the list.
2019-6-26
Use props
architfly123
lvl.1
India

Here is a complete guide and step by step procedure how you can get your drone complied with https://atomdrones.com/npnt-no-p ... off-complete-guide/[/url].
2019-8-10
Use props
S.J
Captain
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

We are seeing the epitome of modern engineering and technology from a manufacturer like DJI and then asking DJI to rewrite their code to benefit something that we don't even clearly understand. I think Digital Sky was was setup after watching the Terminator - Genesis movie !!
2019-8-10
Use props
S.J
Captain
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

dr_abraham Posted at 6-26 08:45
DGCA has added support for 2 drone manufacturers
: Patang model made by skylark drones , Bengaluru
And Outlook Volt Pras. I think these are Indian manufacturers of drones and DJI is still not on the list.

this is definitely defined by some clerk working in the defence sector sitting to make some political and commercial gains  . I hope after 70 years of independence, we learn something that benefits our society as a whole and not for some personal gains.
2019-8-10
Use props
djiuser_XTRlkWhKhk7a
New

India

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-12-4 13:33

Hi, Any update on OEM certificate and NPNT updates for DJI drones. It is mandatory to get a license in India. Please let us know the current status.
2019-11-14
Use props
krupakaran
India

Well at the moment ,though there is a digitalsky platform hosted for drone establishment, there is no clear regulations and permissions for operation of drones for general public except the government agencies, this might turn take another couple of years to literally realize or some point of time the government might completely restrict the flying due to the security aspects
2020-1-31
Use props
VJ 10
Flight distance : 248323 ft
  • >>>
India

Hey, I am from India can anyone tell me how make DJI drone npnt compliance and what software do i need to make npnt drone for DJI drone. Please help me out.
2020-2-1
Use props
ratz
lvl.1

India

even i cannot register!! it is not showing in the list

2020-2-5
Use props
drone_pie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3111778 ft
United Arab Emirates

ratz Posted at 2-5 01:10
even i cannot register!! it is not showing in the list

[view_image]

Same Here. I want to carry the drone I bought from Dubai. I don't know how to do that.
2020-2-5
Use props
Shubham Dekate
New

India

They have introduce some NPNT Test tool,  Not sure what is the purpose of it.
Anyone got the update regarding NPNT issue ?

I planning to buy MAVIC AIR 2 , but not feeling confident to fly after the purchase because of this policy.

2020-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules