Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yummyburger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275315 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Hi moderator,

My mavic 2 pro disappeared when i have visual or the front lights, at the same time as i lost connection and it never get connected ever again , nor did it return home .

How do i go about opening a case?

Cheers

Lost boy

Darius
2018-12-4
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

try find my drone in go 4 app
2018-12-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Darius, we are so sorry for your loss, please refer to davidmartingraf's suggestion to try 'Find my drone', there is also coordinate in the flight record, please have a try.
If the drone cannot be retrieved, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket team for the data analysis, we will do our best to figure out what happened and provide the proper resolution.
2018-12-4
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Very sorry to read this sorry for your loss, I know it sucks very hard! I also lost my first spark and almost lost my Mavic Pro.
I hope that either you find it or DJI assist you with a new one

Flysafely all
Alex
2018-12-4
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

sorry for your loss.

Mayby your flightrecord can help with more information what happend (and where it is) , if you like upload and post the link.

Use this > http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

cheers
JJB
2018-12-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for your loss.

Hope your back flying soon.
2018-12-4
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Captain Spark,  you are an absolute necessity on this forum!!  Thank you for being here!!

As the Captain said:  Use this > http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Also,  did your device show "DISCONNECTED",   OR  " AIRCRAFT DISCONNECTED " ??   The log will show if you had a connection between the TX and AC lost/disconnect.

Randy
2018-12-4
Use props
Yummyburger
lvl.2
  • >>>
Singapore

Yes i did use find my drone. i was out there in my motorcycle, walking in mud searching around the last known location which is on water and home  searching around for hours, but nothing. went out today searching too but found nothing.

Here is the flight record.  http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/NGD1KALNIS7RJZ6D4PU5/

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/NGD1KALNIS7RJZ6D4PU5/

My remote and phone showed aircraft disconnected, but strange thing is rc and phone showed nearly full bar but zero bar for visual. map just kept showing the drone at the last known location. i move to the right, rode my bike towards it, still doesnt connect. In the past, it always gets connected back by itself. after 15 mins, it felt as if the rc and phone hang at the same time. not sure what it is, strange and both doesnt respond to anything.

Not sure why, and also why from the log, it suddenly sway to the left sharply. Could be pilot error or could be faulty drone, i really dont know as i could see the front lights clearly and also the FAA blinker and was using this to fly it towards me and it just vanished together with visual. for a split second, the return home beep once or twice, i tried to press return , not sure if i managed to get it to return or it stopped before i press it
2018-12-4
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yummyburger Posted at 12-4 12:17
Yes i did use find my drone. i was out there in my motorcycle, walking in mud searching around the last known location which is on water and home  searching around for hours, but nothing. went out today searching too but found nothing.

Here is the flight record.  http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/NGD1KALNIS7RJZ6D4PU5/

Hi Yummyburger,

So bad to read your loss of your MP2, had a look at your flight record.

All data looks so normal, it just stops so for sure no connection to your mobile device.
Your drone followed the yaw input at the end, imo the yaw left move and back again is done by you.

The last record shows a pitch up 12.2 degrees (why??), it was flying steady speed to home with 17degrees nose down all the time.
In the beginning there you had a low warning "the Ambient Light too Weak. Vision Positioningobstacle sensing is unavailable..please ensure safety during the flight", so if obstacle sensing was not working why pitch up? Guess after loosing contact it will stop the move, hover and than start with a RTH procedure.
But it did not ! as it did not come back home to you.
HomePoint was recorded and RTH failsafe setting is GoHome.

Hope that DJI can tell you more what happend!

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
analysis2.png
2018-12-4
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

rwynant V1 Posted at 12-4 10:20
Captain Spark,  you are an absolute necessity on this forum!!  Thank you for being here!!

As the Captain said:  Use this > http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Hi Randy,

Thanks, but there are many others on this forum with knowledge!
Good to read the others too, learning from each other is the way ahead.

Many happy landings,
cheers
JJB
2018-12-4
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to read that mate
2018-12-4
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

OP stated he hit RTH twice........However,  the LOS between the Home and last know position was infact behind the large building.  This is why you lost signal.

Looking at the KMZ file,  if it hovered until it auto landed,  it looks like it's in the water straight down from last Known....

Sad

Randy
2018-12-6
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Last known position,  blocked signal.......RTH hit twice.......visual lost due to going behind buildings, and never came out the other side.

This view shows Mavic coming back, and going behind the building

2018-12-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Your flight was fraught with danger 1600 ft altitude , warning to RTH ignored , you did start to RTH on second warning and lost signal, is it possible that aircraft was returning home when it hit critical battery and landed,
If signal is lost we can’t say aircraft went into RTH mode because we are getting no information we can’t say it didn’t go to critical battery or when you would have set this in your app so are probably only one who knows what this would set to.
At 400ft alt RTH speed my guess is this aircraft did what it was supposed to do RTH and auto land on critical some way from homepoint.
2018-12-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

rwynant V1 Posted at 12-6 13:37
Last known position,  blocked signal.......RTH hit twice.......visual lost due to going behind buildings, and never came out the other side.

[view_image]

RTH was never hit, first RTH for battery was ignored by controller, at second RTH warning controller started to head home when he lost signal .
2018-12-6
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-6 14:20
RTH was never hit, first RTH for battery was ignored by controller, at second RTH warning controller started to head home when he lost signal .

"for a split second, the return home beep once or twice, i tried to press return , not sure if i managed to get it to return or it stopped before i press it"

007,  I based my observation on what the OP stated.   If it was in RTH program,  and he hit the RTH button would that not stop the AC and hover??  Keep in mind there may be some panic involved with the decision making.......

Randy
2018-12-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

rwynant V1 Posted at 12-6 14:33
"for a split second, the return home beep once or twice, i tried to press return , not sure if i managed to get it to return or it stopped before i press it"

I fully understand what you said, I was just pointing out that RTH was never iniated.

I did know where you were coming from.

I do find it strange that OP said he usually gets on his bike to regain signal or at least he did this time. I think if your usually waiting for signal to return, it usually means your flying to far away and one day you end up getting caught out, it’s a tough loss, but we should respect the limits of our craft.
Good luck.
2018-12-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

rwynant V1 Posted at 12-6 14:33
"for a split second, the return home beep once or twice, i tried to press return , not sure if i managed to get it to return or it stopped before i press it"

Yes it would but only if craft was connected to RC, it needs to press RTH button and confirm cancellation on app or press x on app and confirm, and would show in log . I’m not 100% sure if it still needs second confirmation on app as this may have changed.
2018-12-6
Use props
Yummyburger
lvl.2
  • >>>
Singapore

hallmark007 Posted at 12-6 14:17
Your flight was fraught with danger 1600 ft altitude , warning to RTH ignored , you did start to RTH on second warning and lost signal, is it possible that aircraft was returning home when it hit critical battery and landed,
If signal is lost we can’t say aircraft went into RTH mode because we are getting no information we can’t say it didn’t go to critical battery or when you would have set this in your app so are probably only one who knows what this would set to.
At 400ft alt RTH speed my guess is this aircraft did what it was supposed to do RTH and auto land on critical some way from homepoint.

Hi,

If i am not wrong, i rth within a min of the warning. when i lost connection, my battery was 54% and at a distance of 1167.384m. have more than enough battery left. My drone is always set to return upon lost of connection, i would never set it to hoover as i always fly out to sea to avoid interference.
2018-12-6
Use props
Yummyburger
lvl.2
  • >>>
Singapore

hallmark007 Posted at 12-6 14:17
Your flight was fraught with danger 1600 ft altitude , warning to RTH ignored , you did start to RTH on second warning and lost signal, is it possible that aircraft was returning home when it hit critical battery and landed,
If signal is lost we can’t say aircraft went into RTH mode because we are getting no information we can’t say it didn’t go to critical battery or when you would have set this in your app so are probably only one who knows what this would set to.
At 400ft alt RTH speed my guess is this aircraft did what it was supposed to do RTH and auto land on critical some way from homepoint.

Hi

If i am not wrong, i rth within a min of the warning. when i lost connection, my battery was 54% and at a distance of 1167.384m. have more than enough battery left. My drone is always set to return upon lost of connection, i would never set it to hoover as i always fly out to sea to avoid interference.
2018-12-6
Use props
Yummyburger
lvl.2
  • >>>
Singapore

rwynant V1 Posted at 12-6 13:37

[view_image]

Hi,

i do agree with your assesment, thus once i lost connection, i rode to the right which takes me less than 7 seconds, hoping to get a connection back, after 3 mins, i rode in the direction of "2" as drawn in the picture. then back to home point, nothing then rode on "3" , then back to home and still nothing.
To be clear, i was sitting on a motorcycle scooter to fly all this while, so it doesnt take me long to travel all this route.
2018-12-6
Use props
Yummyburger
lvl.2
  • >>>
Singapore

To everyone,

Appreciate everyone putting in time and effort . Thank you all.

Guess now is just to open a case and see what dji say.

Sigh, hopefully i will know something by next next week as the week after, i will be going to europe for 3 weeks. hoping to use my mavic 2 for photos and videos, especially northern lights in iceland.

Worst come to worst, i still have my old mavic platinum pro.

Cheers
2018-12-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Yummyburger Posted at 12-6 17:24
Hi

I think you are misunderstanding what I am saying,

Your craft goes into RTH failsafe it will not just fly straight home, it will in fact retrace the route it took to get where it last was , if it doesn’t regain signal after 60 seconds, it will then fly directly home,
So consider this your craft flys directly away from homepoint for 60 seconds plus 10 seconds hovering , because that’s were it was flying to retracing at approx 32kph plus it hovers for 10 seconds if signal doesn’t return then your craft heads for home so it will first have drained some battery plus it will now be a further 600 to a 1000 metres away so now more than 2000 metres to homepoint , this can be verified if you check last 1 minute of flying , your craft travelled over 1000 metres at approx 30 kph , and you will know what setting Critical battery was at so my guess is it never made it home but auto landed most likely in the water.

What I’m saying may not have happened, but it is what should have happened.
2018-12-6
Use props
Yummyburger
lvl.2
  • >>>
Singapore

hallmark007 Posted at 12-6 17:58
I think you are misunderstanding what I am saying,

Your craft goes into RTH failsafe it will not just fly straight home, it will in fact retrace the route it took to get where it last was , if it doesn’t regain signal after 60 seconds, it will then fly directly home,

ic, apologies
2018-12-6
Use props
bikoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1534987 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

sorry for your lost , hopefully DJI will find solution for you
2018-12-6
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Hallmark007 got banned? That’s another one

Flysafely all
Alex
2018-12-6
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

Alex B. Posted at 12-6 21:46
Hallmark007 got banned? That’s another one

Flysafely all

It had to be one or the other, longest flight distance won out or most irritating? Lol
2018-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules