Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Excessive Praise and "Niceness"
1643 25 2018-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlySD
Second Officer
United States

Is anyone annoyed or confused at the lack of constructive criticism in posts on this forum.  In my opinion if the images or video could benefit from constructive criticism then so be it. Telling a pilot that their image is a great shot when they clearly could use some further education on exposure or compensation is a disservice.

Be honest, be positive, be helpful.

2018-12-4
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great job!
2018-12-4
Use props
ygor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

Awesome advice
2018-12-4
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

I whole heartedly agree!

Only problem is, if one does give some constructive criticism, though I'd say 9/10 times it's responded to positively and politely, it often triggers the forum trolls to pounce
2018-12-4
Use props
FlySD
Second Officer
United States

Then DJI needs to employ a few more moderators - I think they have the budget =-)
2018-12-4
Use props
jonastheg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3574386 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dont people do that so can rack up posts and earn those points they can convert to dji credits?
2018-12-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Well I think constructive criticism is ok if your criticism is something you can back up, a simple thank you should suffice for for criticism or plaudits,
I think it’s fine to say good shot if you believe it to be, but your correct constructive criticism or praise , would be much better than . Good shot nice vid.
But don’t Americans say have a nice day because they are programmed to say it.
I think when someone leaves this kind of comment it deserves everything it gets .
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=172338&pid=1648019
2018-12-4
Use props
FlySD
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-4 13:37
Well I think constructive criticism is ok if your criticism is something you can back up, a simple thank you should suffice for for criticism or plaudits,
I think it’s fine to say good shot if you believe it to be, but your correct constructive criticism or praise , would be much better than . Good shot nice vid.

Does Downvote actually work?  Would be nice if there was a number to hit to hide idiots and trolls.
2018-12-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

FlySD Posted at 12-4 14:10
Does Downvote actually work?  Would be nice if there was a number to hit to hide idiots and trolls.

Ok it’s a closed discussion so that makes sense particularly with this topic, I gave you a downvote are you still here.
2018-12-4
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh man that was funny but so true and agree that constructive criticism in a positive, honest  way can be helpful. Also like someone else pointed out some are posting for points.

In terms of mods, I think they go through a cycle of time before they move on and new ones come on board from my observations of being on here.

Think the thumbs down button does nothing.

People troll all day, I think I've seen maybe 2 people get banned on here... guess other 'old timers members' can maybe add more but what I recall you really have to push the limit before you're banned.

Other forums I've been on ban people with just a few incidents.
2018-12-4
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-4 14:20
Ok it’s a closed discussion so that makes sense particularly with this topic, I gave you a downvote are you still here.

2018-12-4
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
First Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-4 13:37

its sensitive snowflakes like you that make everyone say nice things lest they get that dreaded down vote.. Like I care...
2018-12-4
Use props
ygor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

FlySD Posted at 12-4 13:01
Then DJI needs to employ a few more moderators - I think they have the budget =-)

I’d rather have them spending that cash on more engineers for firmware updates and bug fixes instead of petting forum trolls
2018-12-4
Use props
El Diablo
First Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-12-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Awesome advice
2018-12-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi FlySD.

I think you do have a point and I do give my opinion from time to time.
Always trying to be constructive.

But I also like to show my appreciation for the hard work many people put into taking and making their video.
So most of the time I just give a positive reaction and only give feedback when the OP asks for it (and wants to improve).

2018-12-5
Use props
dancopter
First Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Yes, people seem to take honest critique as offensive. It's one of the best ways to improve your photography/videography though.
2018-12-5
Use props
DanielVieira
First Officer
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

I could not agree more with the OP!
2018-12-5
Use props
Boffin
First Officer
Australia

It would be sweet if this forum had an 'Ignore' button so that the usual pests could be sent to digital hell and nobody would see them and nobody would miss them
2018-12-5
Use props
Far_North
First Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

I agree with the OP to a certain extent.  I'm a photo enthusiast who has been into photography for many years as a hobby, long before I bought my MPP.  I frequent several photography forums where I post my photos for critique and expect honest, sometimes harsh, critique of my images.  However this forum is made up of mostly drone hobbiests with various levels of photography skills who are often just happy to catch an interesting image whether or not it is exposed correctly or sharp.   I guess my point is although I agree that constructive criticism is usually a good thing we need to remember that many people who post here are not looking to become great photographers or even average photographers.........they are just here to have fun.
2018-12-5
Use props
Charissa
Captain
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Maybe when posting a image or video, there should be a tickbox available, (like for a poll) if the poster wants any advise, crits and tips. Obviously, all advise is subjective, as nearly everyone have different opinions on what is a good shot, and what is a snapshot.
I for one, is very critical of any images, but a total noob when it comes to video.

Also, even though everyone takes images for fun, I would think that if you splash out for a MP2 for the camera, you would maybe be a bit more tollerant and reseptive to tips, crits and advise.
2018-12-5
Use props
Paul_
Captain
United States

Cannot agree with OP more! I look at many comments and wonder how many are just to increase points. To me the forum is for learning.
2018-12-5
Use props
salmonshark
First Officer
Flight distance : 206352 ft
United States

I might be in minority here, but I actually invite and appreciate and feedback or constructive criticism.

SalmonShark
2018-12-5
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
First Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

salmonshark Posted at 12-5 09:18
I might be in minority here, but I actually invite and appreciate and feedback or constructive criticism.

SalmonShark

I have only posted one thread with some photo content and actually went out of my way and specifically asked for any tips or pointers so that people that are too afraid of making comments because of public snowflake attacks would feel comfortable giving me feedback..

as a newbie to dii's products and the myriad of convoluted settings and sharpening / noising and other crazy algo's they use in their camera software.. I would rather someone tell me up front what I am doing wrong and give me pointers on lessons learned than fumbling with settings and adjustments for 6 months trying to figure out how to squeeze the best performance out of it....
2018-12-5
Use props
rolling56
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

If you cannot say something nice then don't say anything at all
2018-12-5
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain