Broken and distorted video
642 16 2018-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WA5TEF
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124672 ft
United States

My new P4Pro V 2.0 has a problem that I have not seen addressed here.  When replaying the video from the SD card, it starts out perfectly then about every 2 or 3 seconds the entire picture becomes distorted and blurry, then clears up.  This cycle repeats all through the video.  All other functions appear to be normal.  Does anyone have a suggestion to what might be wrong?

Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
2018-12-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do apologize for the troubles that it may cause. I would like to ask what is the version of your firmware? Would it be possible if you could provide one of your video here that came from your SD card? You could use google drive or dropbox then provide the link here for further help. Thank you for the support.
2018-12-4
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

What make card are you using and what is the speed rating?
2018-12-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

When playing back files from the SD card, do not play back from the card directly. Copy the files from the card to the hard disc on your computer first, then play them back from there. Can you say what resolution files you are playing? Often the computer is not powerful enough for the job.
2018-12-4
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
United States

Thanks for the replies. I should have listed all this initially but here it is now. I hope I covered it all:    The Litchi is v 2.6.3, the firmware is 01.00.1000, Flight Controller v 03.03.04.10, Remote Controller is v 01.00.1000.    Video size was 2720x1530 at 30 FPS, Firmat MOV. Coding H.265, Video Standard NTSG, Antiflicker 60 Hz,  .  I’ll try to post a video as soon as I figure out how.
2018-12-4
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
United States

Thanks, Jim
2018-12-4
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 12-4 12:44
What make card are you using and what is the speed rating?

Scan disk but I tries two other off brands with same results.  The Scandisk was 128 gig and had a 3 showing. The others were 64 gig.    I copied the files to hard drive and ran from there but same results.

Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF
2018-12-4
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
United States

Geebax Posted at 12-4 13:29
When playing back files from the SD card, do not play back from the card directly. Copy the files from the card to the hard disc on your computer first, then play them back from there. Can you say what resolution files you are playing? Often the computer is not powerful enough for the job.

More:  the video size was 2720x1530 at 30 FPS.

Thanks
Jim
Wa5tef
2018-12-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

WA5TEF Posted at 12-4 15:15
Scan disk but I tries two other off brands with same results.  The Scandisk was 128 gig and had a 3 showing. The others were 64 gig.    I copied the files to hard drive and ran from there but same results.

Thanks

OK, so just to summarise, you were shooting 2.7K at 30 fps and playing back from your computer. If that is the case, then most likely the playback application or the computer itself is the problem. You could try downloading the free VLC Mediaplayer, as that can help, and if that does not work, then possibly your computer is not powerful enough for the jub. It will also help if you switch from h265 encoding to h264, in the Go4 App settings.

2018-12-4
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-4 12:38
Hi, we do apologize for the troubles that it may cause. I would like to ask what is the version of your firmware? Would it be possible if you could provide one of your video here that came from your SD card? You could use google drive or dropbox then provide the link here for further help. Thank you for the support.

I am not familiar with Google Drive but I uploaded it to my YouTube site.  Here's the link.  It should be done uploading about 1805 CST.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
2018-12-4
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
United States

WA5TEF Posted at 12-4 15:57
I am not familiar with Google Drive but I uploaded it to my YouTube site.  Here's the link.  It should be done uploading about 1805 CST.
Thanks,
Jim

2018-12-4
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
United States

Interesting!  The video I uploaded to YouTube played perfectly!  No distortion was noted at all.  Perhaps that tells me the problem is not with the Phantom or card, etc.  I'll check some more and post what I find.  If anyone has any further comments, Please post then.  Thanks for everyone's help.

Jim
WA5TEF
2018-12-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

WA5TEF Posted at 12-4 16:17
Interesting!  The video I uploaded to YouTube played perfectly!  No distortion was noted at all.  Perhaps that tells me the problem is not with the Phantom or card, etc.  I'll check some more and post what I find.  If anyone has any further comments, Please post then.  Thanks for everyone's help.

Jim

Correct, as I said, the issue is either your player or your computer, not the Phantom.
2018-12-4
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
United States

Geebax, yep I have to agree!  Good call.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
2018-12-4
Use props
Ellinor William
lvl.2

United States

Well if the problem is not with the Phantom or card, then you should try fixing it with a software. I suggest running Stellar Repair for Video. It has helped me several times with distortions
2018-12-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Ellinor William Posted at 12-4 21:31
Well if the problem is not with the Phantom or card, then you should try fixing it with a software. I suggest running Stellar Repair for Video. It has helped me several times with distortions

I am going to report this post for SPAM. The problem that WA5TEF described has nothing to do with your file recovery problems.
2018-12-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

WA5TEF Posted at 12-4 16:17

Jim

Hi, thanks for providing the video. I would recommend changing the SD cards to see if it will help. There will be recommended specs of the SD card that you could use for your Phantom 4 Pro v2. You may refer to the image below. Thank you for the support.

2018-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules