Mavic Air model numbers.
2934 8 2018-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rms59
lvl.1

United States

I want to buy a Mavic Air with the Fly More Combo from a retailer but see different model numbers depending what retailer I go to.
All of them are new and in original DJI packaging and show the same DJI components.

Does it  make a difference?  And.... do I have the option to buy the DJI care refresh warranty after purchase?

Thanks in advance.
2018-12-4
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

As far as I am concern model numbers does not make any difference and yes you have the option to buy DJI refresh as soon as you open DJI go.
2018-12-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day rms59. Thank you for choosing the DJI Mavic Air as your next drone. Please purchase the DJI Mavic Air through our official retail store and official online store to be able to get the genuine DJI merchandise. For reference I will be posting a DJI link where you can find all the official retail stores and official online stores near your area https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ... te&from=footer. As for the DJI Care Refresh. Yes you may be able to get the DJI Care Refresh after the you have purchased the DJI Mavic Air. If you have any other concerns or inquiries. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you.
2018-12-4
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-4 13:37
Hello and good day rms59. Thank you for choosing the DJI Mavic Air as your next drone. Please purchase the DJI Mavic Air through our official retail store and official online store to be able to get the genuine DJI merchandise. For reference I will be posting a DJI link where you can find all the official retail stores and official online stores near your area https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy/retail-stores?site=brandsite&from=footer. As for the DJI Care Refresh. Yes you may be able to get the DJI Care Refresh after the you have purchased the DJI Mavic Air. If you have any other concerns or inquiries. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you.

Are you suggesting that there are fakes out there
2018-12-4
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-4 23:15
Are you suggesting that there are fakes out there

There are many cheap copy knockoffs of the spark, the Mavic Pro, the Mavic Air and even the inspire.
But it’s easy to spot them, price wise and quality wise.

Flysafely all
Alex
2018-12-4
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

Alex B. Posted at 12-4 23:58
There are many cheap copy knockoffs of the spark, the Mavic Pro, the Mavic Air and even the inspire.
But it’s easy to spot them, price wise and quality wise.

And "Review" wise as well as looking at the specs.
2018-12-6
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is only one Mavic Air model. Can you show us where you're seeing different model numbers displayed?

You have up to 12 months to buy DJI Care Refresh. If you're sure you want it, it would be best to buy it within 48 hours of activating your Mavic Air in DJI GO. If you wait longer than that, you'll need to record a video to show all is in working order and submit it to DJI before they'll let you purchase a DJI Care Refresh policy.
2018-12-6
Use props
rms59
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-4 13:37
Hello and good day rms59. Thank you for choosing the DJI Mavic Air as your next drone. Please purchase the DJI Mavic Air through our official retail store and official online store to be able to get the genuine DJI merchandise. For reference I will be posting a DJI link where you can find all the official retail stores and official online stores near your area https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy/retail-stores?site=brandsite&from=footer. As for the DJI Care Refresh. Yes you may be able to get the DJI Care Refresh after the you have purchased the DJI Mavic Air. If you have any other concerns or inquiries. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you.

Sorry for the delayed reply....

@DJI Stephen

It seems you are implying that the warranty and the DJI Care Refresh is only valid if I purchase a new Mavic Air through an authorized retailer and not from any other source not listed? Is that true?

The reason I'm asking is that some non-authorized Ebay stores are selling the Mavic Air Fly More Combo, which are new and in the white sealed DJi box having exactly the same components, for around $100 or more cheaper than the $999 that the authorized retailers are selling them for. They are also backed by Ebays money back guarantee.

2018-12-6
Use props
rms59
lvl.1

United States

Never mind....  I'm going the hold off buying the DJI since their warranty is void if you purchase a new DJI product from anyone other than a DJI authorized seller. I'm also a little worried about their warranty after reading the entire warranty.  Thanks anyway.

Richard
2018-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules