Phantom 4 gimbal
3456 12 2018-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djidenis
lvl.1
Australia

I recently sent my P4 for a camera/gimbal assy replacement. when it returned, the camera was clearly not new (they charged me new price), and never suggested a refurbished item would be used. When I asked the repairer, an authorised agent, they replied saying that they can no longer get new assys from DJI any more and that they were supplied "refurbised items" from DJI. Aside from the shocking customer service, does this sound right, that DJI would supply an assy for use by an authorised repairer that was in shocking condition and not new?

Thanks heaps, Denis
2018-12-4
Use props
djidenis
lvl.1
Australia

Sorry, I am based in Australia
2018-12-4
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

I don't know about repair shops themselves, but if you send in your drone to DJI to be repaired they will almost certainly give you a refurbished one back.
2018-12-4
Use props
djidenis
lvl.1
Australia

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 12-4 17:23
I don't know about repair shops themselves, but if you send in your drone to DJI to be repaired they will almost certainly give you a refurbished one back.

Thanks for the quick reply.
2018-12-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Denis, we're sorry for the inconvenience. The products and components might be repaired or replaced by refurbished parts which depend on the damage assessment and stock status. We sincerely apologize if this bothers you. More details, please visit this link: https://www.dji.com/service/policy
B.png
2018-12-4
Use props
djidenis
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 12-4 18:41
Hi Denis, we're sorry for the inconvenience. The products and components might be repaired or replaced by refurbished parts which depend on the damage assessment and stock status. We sincerely apologize if this bothers you. More details, please visit this link: https://www.dji.com/service/policy

The camera that was on the drone was in disgusting condition, images attached, straight out of the box, and if an item is heavily used, why am I not told this, and why am I paying the price of a new item?

I was never made aware of any link tot he term and conditions where this paragraph was, nor was it suggested to me that their was a possibility that the item may be refurbished.

Sorry for being pedantic, but the condition of this item on my drone would instill confidence in no one at all.

2018-12-4
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

@djidenis this repair, when you say you pad full price, was it it around about $1000 just for the camera unit alone? what is the breakdown please?

@DJI, Hes got a valid point, If he has paid FULL price for said repair then thats what he should get, a new item, If you buy a refurb from DJI, its NOT FULL price is it? therefore it rings true that he shouldnt be paying full price for this item repair.  Having seen the images, no way should he have received the item in this shape, the screws alone indicates that this is a very shoddy repair service and, this should never have left your service center, at the very least, it should have new screws in it.

I see so many good stories where DJI have come through, but then you see something like this and my faith in DJI to make a repair to a satisfactory condition takes a plummet.
2018-12-4
Use props
djidenis
lvl.1
Australia

Bashy Posted at 12-4 20:06
@djidenis this repair, when you say you pad full price, was it it around about $1000 just for the camera unit alone? what is the breakdown please?

@DJI, Hes got a valid point, If he has paid FULL price for said repair then thats what he should get, a new item, If you buy a refurb from DJI, its NOT FULL price is it? therefore it rings true that he shouldnt be paying full price for this item repair.  Having seen the images, no way should he have received the item in this shape, the screws alone indicates that this is a very shoddy repair service and, this should never have left your service center, at the very least, it should have new screws in it.

I asked them for a quote to replace the assy with a new one, and I checked online at it matched every price for a new item.

When I phoned after receiving the drone, and without them knowing I was a current customer, and asked if they replace the assemblies with new ones, i was told, always.

The reason for the post was just to assess whether this is normal. As per the admins post above, it would appear so. What it look like is that people are not made aware that they are paying for a used item, when asking for the item to be replaced.

That is deceptive.

If I had been told that the item being replaced was not new, then we would have discussed a discounted price, or extended warranty, ot in my case, I may have looked at upgrading/replacing the drone.

Regardless of official DJI policy, this is about honesty, and poor workmanship.

Again, thank you for your responses. I believe DJI should amend their policy to make people aware when something is new, or refurbishes, or used.

Regards, Denis
2018-12-4
Use props
djidenis
lvl.1
Australia

In all fairness, and as I mention in the original post, this is an authorised repairer, not DJI directly.
2018-12-4
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think  they all are AR centre's, could be wrong mind.... And i still say those screws should have never left like that, they should be replaced when the unit is repaired
2018-12-4
Use props
djidenis
lvl.1
Australia

Bashy Posted at 12-4 20:56
I think  they all are AR centre's, could be wrong mind.... And i still say those screws should have never left like that, they should be replaced when the unit is repaired

I agree, there was dust under the glass as well.
2018-12-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djidenis Posted at 12-4 19:49
The camera that was on the drone was in disgusting condition, images attached, straight out of the box, and if an item is heavily used, why am I not told this, and why am I paying the price of a new item?

I was never made aware of any link tot he term and conditions where this paragraph was, nor was it suggested to me that their was a possibility that the item may be refurbished.

Thanks for getting back to us. May I know which dealer do you refer? Is there any case number or similar for better assistance? Also, please kindly provide us with the contact information of the dealer and yours, we'd like to check the exact status, thank you so much!
2018-12-5
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

The one you received looks as it may have been one lying around at the repair shop.  I wouldn't think DJI would have let it out if they had done the repair.
2018-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules