994 10 2018-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JacobW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1250564 ft
United States

Hi there,

My new P4P V2.0 has been working great so far.  Up until this point, I have been able to connect my drone to my PC via a micro USB cable, and pull videos/images off the micro SD using this method.  I have done this at least 4 times, but today when I tried it, my PC will not react to the device being connected.  Normally, when I connect my Phantom, my PC will recognize the device and allow me to access the micro SD onboard.  But now, it's not reacting in any way to the device being connected.

The indicator light on the Phantom (Next to the micro SD and micro USB port) is a solid orange.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
2018-12-4
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Jacob,

What version of Windows are you using?  Has Windows had a recent update?  

Most of us use a thumb drive size USB adapter that you can plug your Micro SD card into.  They usually also have a slot for a full size SD card.  If you get one with a blue plastic tongue in the USB plug it is the fastest of the current USB connections (USB 3).

You can also try the full size SD card adapter and plug that into a SD card slot if your computer has one.  They sell multi-card readers and USB adapters at stores that sell anything computer or camera related.

Using a Micro SD card adapter to directly plug into a PC avoids so many problems and is much faster than downloading directly from the drone.  They are much smaller than using the drone as a card reader to.

There are a number of reasons your download system is no longer working.  We will need a lot more information to resolve that problem but it can be done.  However, avoiding that type of problem with Micro SD card adapters makes everything much easier and faster to.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-12-5
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 12-5 00:32
Aloha Jacob,

Totally agree, SD card into adaptor and then into PC/Laptop/Mac etc.

Why would you want to introduce an extra cog in the process and is clearly not the best practice.
2018-12-5
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

KEJ Posted at 12-5 01:59
Totally agree, SD card into adapter and then into PC/Laptop/Mac etc.

Why would you want to introduce an extra cog in the process and is clearly not the best practice.

Aloha KEJ,

You are up early today!  Good that you see the benefits of transferring the video and photos directly with the Micro SD card in an adapter.  Hopefully this option is available to Jacob.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-12-5
Use props
JacobW
lvl.2
United States

Cetacean Posted at 12-5 00:32
Aloha Jacob,

Hi there, thanks for the reply.

I am currently using Windows 10, it has not updated recently.

The only reason I am currently using this method is due to the fact that my thumb drive adapter recently stopped working, and my PC does not have an SD card slot.

I dont mind going out to the store and buying new adapters, but I find it strange that this method of transferring video and images would suddenly stop working.
2018-12-5
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

JacobW Posted at 12-5 06:22
Hi there, thanks for the reply.

I am currently using Windows 10, it has not updated recently.

Thats computers and hardware for ya!

Could be the lead, driver, other software update, hardware issue, drone issue etc.

Thats why in someways by just using the SD card in an adaptor you are isolating and reducing the possible number of areas that can go wrong.

Yes its annoying and you want to get to the bottom of it and usually its something simple that will no doubt reveal itself soon.
2018-12-5
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 12-5 02:49
Aloha KEJ,

You are up early today!  Good that you see the benefits of transferring the video and photos directly with the Micro SD card in an adapter.  Hopefully this option is available to Jacob.

Hi
Mind I'm in the UK and depending where in the States you are Pacific time I am assuming ?

I am always car out of drone, into adaptor and then into the IMac, copy onto HD and bingo your away !
2018-12-5
Use props
JacobW
lvl.2
United States

KEJ Posted at 12-5 07:17
Thats computers and hardware for ya!

Could be the lead, driver, other software update, hardware issue, drone issue etc.

Haha, I figured out the problem.  It was so simple!

The micro usb cord I was using was simply too bulky, and got caught on the side of the drone before it could be fully inserted.

I used a slimmer cord, and it connected perfectly!

Thanks for the response nevertheless!
2018-12-5
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

JacobW Posted at 12-5 08:05
Haha, I figured out the problem.  It was so simple!

The micro usb cord I was using was simply too bulky, and got caught on the side of the drone before it could be fully inserted.

Aloha Jacob,

Good to hear you got it sorted!  I have had that problem to but for connecting to DJI Assistant 2 or something like that.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-12-5
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

KEJ Posted at 12-5 07:19
Hi
Mind I'm in the UK and depending where in the States you are Pacific time I am assuming ?

Aloha KEJ,

Jacob got it sorted!  Mahalo for the help!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-12-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and great day JacobW. It is great to know that you have fixed the issue with you DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2. If you have any other concerns or inquiry. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you. Thank you.
2018-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules