galaxy Tab S4
5188 7 2018-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KeesJ
lvl.2

Netherlands

Hi,

I own the P4 (original) and am thinking to buy a Samsung Galaxy Tab S4, the new one from last autumn. Does anyone have experience with running DJI Go4 on that tables?

Thanks, Kees Jalink

2018-12-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Kees. I understand that you want to purchase a Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 for your DJI Phantom 4. We recommend using a mobile device that is tested and listed on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Phantom 4 for compatibility and reliability on the DJI Phantom 4 and on the DJI Go 4 application. For reference I will be posting the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Phantom 4. If you have any other concerns or inquiry. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you. Thank you.

2018-12-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-5 11:30
Hello and good day Kees. I understand that you want to purchase a Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 for your DJI Phantom 4. We recommend using a mobile device that is tested and listed on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Phantom 4 for compatibility and reliability on the DJI Phantom 4 and on the DJI Go 4 application. For reference I will be posting the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Phantom 4. If you have any other concerns or inquiry. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you. Thank you.

[view_image]

He obviously wants to use an Android tablet not apple, see where the issue lies????  theres 4  apple tablets and 0 Android tablets in the compatibility list, to me, thats you as a DJI, pushing Apple products.

Keesj, yes, it should work well, i have the S2 and that works fine, so the S4 can only be faster
2018-12-5
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

Bashy Posted at 12-5 20:57
He obviously wants to use an Android tablet not apple, see where the issue lies????  theres 4  apple tablets and 0 Android tablets in the compatibility list, to me, thats you as a DJI, pushing Apple products.

Keesj, yes, it should work well, i have the S2 and that works fine, so the S4 can only be faster

Android Tablets work very well with the DJi 4go app, in fact DJi4go was written around the Android operating system.
2018-12-6
Use props
KeesJ
lvl.2

Netherlands

ATJ Posted at 12-6 02:55
Android Tablets work very well with the DJi 4go app, in fact DJi4go was written around the Android operating system.

Thanks for both answers.
Then I will give it a thorough try, and once verified I'll keep the forum posted on the results.

Thanks, Kees Jalink
2018-12-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ATJ Posted at 12-6 02:55

Yes, i know it does, but in DJI's infinite wisdom feel its only apple tablets that should be on the recommended list....
2018-12-6
Use props
KeesJ
lvl.2

France

Bashy Posted at 2018-12-6 19:47
Yes, i know it does, but in DJI's infinite wisdom feel its only apple tablets that should be on the recommended list....

Hi guys,

here is my feedback after several successful  flights.
I have tried the samsung galaxy tablet s4 (wifi + 4G version) several times with the Phantom 4 original. It behaves like a breeze! None of the slow video updates/troublesome startups I used to experience with my Nexus 5x (which, in the end, always worked too, but I sometimes had to start several times before the aircraft was recognized correctly).
One thing proofed really important: the usb (remote controller) to usb-c (tablet) cable HAS TO BE an OTG version, in my hands. If you do not use OTG, the tablet thinks it has to start charging the controller. I enabled "android . developer options" to allow it to treat the RC as a midi device. Once i found that out on the internet, I experienced zero problems.

I like the quite bright high-def screen from the tablet S4 a lot. Plenty of light even during bright (skiing) use. No stripes, poor or lagging video. I have many apps installed, but I didn't have to disable or stop any running apps to fly.
Finally I experience what flight can be, on a screen that is simply better (and cheaper) than that on any of the apple tablets that my kids own.

So: thumbs up for the new samsung galaxy tablet s4 (no financial interest ).
Kees
2019-2-21
Use props
odoZGo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38031 ft
Croatia

KeesJ Posted at 2-21 10:22
Hi guys,

here is my feedback after several successful  flights.

Samsung Tab S4 does work without problems with DJI Go 4 but your claims about OTG USB cable that will not charge tablet is false..no matter what u do it will charge..i use small powerbank conected to top left micro USB on controller..
2019-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules