Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Be carefull with active track
1191 12 2018-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_NG0owzMCg6be
lvl.2
Flight distance : 539052 ft
France

Hi,

I'm very happy with my Mavic 2 Zoom, but ... an advise : don't trust active track. Sometimes it's perfect, and sometimes it crahes the drone.

In this video, it follows me during almost 1 km, and suddently with no wind, flat curse it decides to crash the drone.

It was only fear, and the drone is still working perfectly, but actually it's only an help to follow someone else because we have to react very quickly when a problem like this occurs.

Hope update will correct this, and be carefull.
2018-12-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that you had an issue with the active track of your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. Rest assured I will forward this thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the said product. Please sync the flight records as well using your DJI Go 4 application for further analysis. In addition, if the drone incurred some damage from the crash on the previous flight the best thing to do is to contact DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support to create a ticket for your drone. If you have any other concerns or inquiries. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you. Thank you.

2018-12-5
Use props
rolling56
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-5 13:53
Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that you had an issue with the active track of your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. Rest assured I will forward this thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the said product. Please sync the flight records as well using your DJI Go 4 application for further analysis. In addition, if the drone incurred some damage from the crash on the previous flight the best thing to do is to contact DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support to create a ticket for your drone. If you have any other concerns or inquiries. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you. Thank you.

[view_image]

Yes DJI Stephen please take care of this. This drone is not up to anyone's standards and needs to be addressed and thank you
2018-12-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

rolling56 Posted at 12-5 15:09
Yes DJI Stephen please take care of this. This drone is not up to anyone's standards and needs to be addressed and thank you

Hello and good day rolling56. I have already forwarded this thread to our DJI R&D Team for analysis. I will make sure to follow this issue up. Thank you for your patience and support.
2018-12-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Wierd.  Looks like camera tilts up, then drone rapidly descends.   Does not look windy, going by trees and tall weeds.
2018-12-5
Use props
Rodgeur
lvl.2
France

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-5 13:53
Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that you had an issue with the active track of your DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. Rest assured I will forward this thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the said product. Please sync the flight records as well using your DJI Go 4 application for further analysis. In addition, if the drone incurred some damage from the crash on the previous flight the best thing to do is to contact DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support to create a ticket for your drone. If you have any other concerns or inquiries. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you. Thank you.

[view_image]

I allready contact the support and upload the flight. At the begining the gimball shakes after the crash and I received the DHL number to send it.

But after 2 flights the gimball returns to normal state, no shaking now then it's OK for me. I don't need to send the drone to repair.

Of course I stop to be confident with active track and I hope it will help you to improve the software.
2018-12-5
Use props
Rodgeur
lvl.2
France

Perhaps it will be better to move the post  to Mavic 2 zoom section. I made a mistake when sending it in mavic 2 entreprise and I don't know how to move it. ☺️
2018-12-5
Use props
tjalex
Captain
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

Thanks for sharing. great advise.. really appreciate.. now i am getting worried.. thanks..you just saved my future repairing money. imagine if i crash.. wooow.. in Chile the cost of repairing is crazy...
2018-12-6
Use props
ygor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

wow, never experienced this myself on the M2P but I will surely be cautious next time I use it.
2018-12-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the warning!
2018-12-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Rodgeur Posted at 12-5 22:27
I allready contact the support and upload the flight. At the begining the gimball shakes after the crash and I received the DHL number to send it.

But after 2 flights the gimball returns to normal state, no shaking now then it's OK for me. I don't need to send the drone to repair.

Thank you for the update that you have given and rest assured that we will look in to this issue to make all the features of the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom will work properly. If you have any other concerns or inquiries. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you.
2018-12-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent advice - thank you for sharing
2018-12-6
Use props
Woe
Captain