LG V40 Osmo Mobile 2 Promotion
1564 2 2018-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fuddster
lvl.1
United States

I finally received my Osmo Mobile 2 after taking advantage of LG's V40 preorder promotion. I just started experimenting with it this evening after spending some time trying to balance my V40 for the first time. I'm not much a photographer/videographer, but I'm willing to learn.

One of the first things I'm learning are the shortcomings of the "DJI GO--For products before P4" app. First of all, scanning the the QR code in the instruction manual to install the app sends me to a link to download an .apk file for an older version of the app? Seriously? Very bad form, DJI. And FFS, please fix the name of the app, especially if you're going to be receiving an influx of new V40 owners who've never flown a drone.

I've seen other posts detailing some of the missing features of the Android app, but one I haven't seen addressed yet is the inability for the DJI Go app to save files to a microSD card. I'd sure like to be able to use the 256 GB card that I received as part of the V40 preorder promotion along with the Osmo.

The V40 is a great phone with great cameras. I'd love to see what it could do if it were able to use all of the features of the Osmo Mobile 2.

2018-12-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Fuddster. Thank you for purchasing the DJI Osmo Mobile 2. We recommend using a mobile device that is listed on the recommended mobilde device list for the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 for compatibility and reliability for both the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 and for the DJI Go. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Mobile 2. Thank you.

2018-12-6
Use props
Fuddster
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-6 09:47
Hello and good day Fuddster. Thank you for purchasing the DJI Osmo Mobile 2. We recommend using a mobile device that is listed on the recommended mobilde device list for the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 for compatibility and reliability for both the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 and for the DJI Go. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Mobile 2. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thank you for your response.

I remind you that I did not buy the Osmo Mobile 2. I received it at no cost as part of a promotion for preordering the LG V40 phone. I must have incorrectly assumed that because DJI and LG partnered on this promotion, that you would both make sure that all features of the Osmo Mobile 2 and the Android DJI Go app would be compatible with the V40.

I will keep an eye out for further updates to the Android app (I am currently using version 3.1.46), and I'll also be looking forward to the inclusion of the LG V40 on the recommended mobile device list soon.

2018-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules