Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Crystalsky soft bricked - help!
4111 16 2018-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sweflyer
Captain
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi All,
I decided to do a factory reset the device from the menue to clear out all apps I installed  to make a clean start.
After reboot it just hangs on the DJI logo screen forever....
I tried a hard reset by holding the power button and the button next to it. Same result. Just hangs forever after boot.
Removing the battery over night. Same result...
Hooking it up to the computer with a USB cable and using ADB (Android Debug Bridge) booting up the device to where it 'hangs' then issue the command 'adb devices' that list the device as connected. Then entering the command 'adb reboot recovery' the device boots up in recovery mode where I again selected factory reset and delete all data+ delete cache. After reboot it still hangs on the DJI logo.

Apart from sending it in for repair what can I do, what have I missed?

2018-12-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do apologize for the inconvenience. May we have the screenshot or a short video of this kind of issue for further help? You can use google drive or dropbox then provide the link here. Thank you for the support.
2018-12-6
Use props
Sweflyer
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Tony Posted at 12-6 14:21
Hi, we do apologize for the inconvenience. May we have the screenshot or a short video of this kind of issue for further help? You can use google drive or dropbox then provide the link here. Thank you for the support.

This is the system  recovery screen.

After reboot it just hangs on the DJI logo
2018-12-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sweflyer Posted at 12-7 02:15
[view_image]
After reboot it just hangs on the DJI logo

Hi, thanks for providing this screenshot. I would recommend contacting our support for you to send the unit to our repair facility for further help. You can use the link for you to reach our support. Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you for continued support.

www.dji.com/support
2018-12-9
Use props
RGFAERIAL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11469308 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Sweflyer Posted at 2018-12-7 02:15
[view_image]
After reboot it just hangs on the DJI logo

Go the same on mine CS, did you manage a way to fix?
2019-1-23
Use props
Sweflyer
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

RGFAERIAL Posted at 1-23 03:33
Go the same on mine CS, did you manage a way to fix?

Unfortunately not. Tried everything including pressing button no 2 for a minute when booting. Finally sent it in for service thru a DJI store and got it back after a month. The unit was replaced by a new one with plastic covering on the screen. No way to tell if it was a refurbished unit since its not possible to see the serial number.
2019-1-23
Use props
mAIRs
First Officer
Australia

Sweflyer Posted at 1-23 03:40
Unfortunately not. Tried everything including pressing button no 2 for a minute when booting. Finally sent it in for service thru a DJI store and got it back after a month. The unit was replaced by a new one with plastic covering on the screen. No way to tell if it was a refurbished unit since its not possible to see the serial number.

When you got it back, did you try a factory reset on the replacement unit to see if it was a one off fault?
If not would you mind... would help the rest of the CS users determine whether a factory reset is a safe option. ;-)
2019-1-23
Use props
Sweflyer
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

mAIRs Posted at 1-23 06:02
When you got it back, did you try a factory reset on the replacement unit to see if it was a one off fault?
If not would you mind... would help the rest of the CS users determine whether a factory reset is a safe option. ;-)

Stupid suggestion. For obvious reasons I´m not gonna risk blocking the new unit again, Sorry.
2019-1-23
Use props
RGFAERIAL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11469308 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Did you pay on this replacement?
2019-1-23
Use props
Sweflyer
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

RGFAERIAL Posted at 1-23 07:07
Did you pay on this replacement?

I still had warranty
2019-1-23
Use props
mAIRs
First Officer
Australia

Sweflyer Posted at 1-23 06:51
Stupid suggestion. For obvious reasons I´m not gonna risk blocking the new unit again, Sorry.

Where's your confidence in the product?
2019-1-24
Use props
Sweflyer
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

mAIRs Posted at 1-24 04:49
Where's your confidence in the product?

Could ask you the same
2019-1-24
Use props
mAIRs
First Officer
Australia

Sweflyer Posted at 1-24 04:50
Could ask you the same

I have confidence in the hardware, but not in timely or up to date software on it... and I DID do a factory reset to clean it up just after installing the firmware which enabled Mavic 2 compatibility and it's still working... STILL WORKING!
2019-1-24
Use props
Sweflyer
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

mAIRs Posted at 1-24 04:55
I have confidence in the hardware, but not in timely or up to date software on it... and I DID do a factory reset to clean it up just after installing the firmware which enabled Mavic 2 compatibility and it's still working... STILL WORKING!

Done a reset many times. One to many in the end I suppose
2019-1-24
Use props
Roy Rogers
Captain
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

I don't have anything helpful to contribute but I do hope you fix it soon . keep us posted
2019-2-3
Use props
Swedrone
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Roy Rogers Posted at 2-3 10:48
I don't have anything helpful to contribute but I do hope you fix it soon . keep us posted

Thanks. Its been fixed. New unit see above
2019-2-4
Use props
fansf5eb0802
lvl.1
Flight distance : 517448 ft
Belize

Hello, I don't do this often but am trying my luck. Can you help with your advice? I have the CS Ultra bright and the touch sceen no long responds to my touch input. Is there any way I can force a factory reset on this thing without needing to go into the menu? Remember that I cannot even do anything or go into the menu because not a single touch will respond on the device.
2021-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules