Well.. my p4p v2 smashed up.. :( What to do?
1805 17 2018-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anthony8858
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9711 ft
United States

I have no clue as to why this happened.

Yesterday I received my new CS monitor. I was excited to simply get it connected and ready for flight..
I was in front of my home and sitting on my porch.. I simply started the drone as Ive done so many times before and brought it to a hover at about 1m.
I then began to land via joystick it came down hard, and then it went straight up and crashed into the top of my patio and crashed to the ground. All the props broke apart, and the hard landing resulted in the drone legs cracked and the battery flew out on impact.
My patio overhang is no more than 9 feet high.
No metal around me.. all wood..
I'm baffled and saddened by this

The drone was purchased at Bestbuy in July and still under some sort of warranty i guess

What should I do?
I'd like to repair or replace
2018-12-6
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Can you post the flight log?        http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-12-6
Use props
Anthony8858
lvl.4
United States

Here's the link.
Have fun

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/1OPBYHXWWZJ1X6HNIW6F/

2018-12-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Anthony8858. I am really sorry to know that your DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2 crashed. This is not the experience we want you to have with your DJI drone. Since this crash happened the best thing you can contact DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support and create a case for your DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.  Please sync the flight records as well for us to further investigate what really happened on your previous flight. Thank you.

2018-12-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I wouldn't have launched with that partially charged battery although I don't think it has anything to do with your problem.  Also, I'd be wary of launching without a good satellite fix.  I'd want the air to be dead calm or almost dead calm.

Looks to me like something is wrong with your IMU... so maybe it's a warranty repair.  

Sorry for your troubles!  Good luck
2018-12-6
Use props
Anthony8858
lvl.4
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 12-6 08:30
I wouldn't have launched with that partially charged battery although I don't think it has anything to do with your problem.  Also, I'd be wary of launching without a good satellite fix.  I'd want the air to be dead calm or almost dead calm.

Looks to me like something is wrong with your IMU... so maybe it's a warranty repair.  

I had 83% battery and wasn't taking flight.
It was my intention to do a hover flight and check out the new monitor.

It does look like an IMU issue..
I opened a case, the drone is packed and will be shipped out today.
2018-12-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

Yep.  I've done that once a couple years ago - I think I had something like 60% battery.  I just wanted to hover for a minute to check the gyro stability.  And then it started going UP for no reason.  I tried to make it go down and it was fighting me trying to go up.  Then I CSC'd it and it dropped onto the grass from around 8 feet.  No obvious damage but it was upsetting.  I can't explain what happened but I do know that weird things happen when one launches with a partially charged battery.  It's all over the internet. I've learned - just don't do it.  Not that I think it had anything to do with your problem yesterday... good luck.  
2018-12-6
Use props
JacobW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1250564 ft
United States

I had this exact same thing happen with my old Parrot Bebop a couple years ago.  As already suggested, sounds like a faulty IMU and should be sent to DJI for examination and repair.  Sorry for your bad luck!  
2018-12-6
Use props
Anthony8858
lvl.4
United States

I opened my case, received the return shipping label and just sent it off for examination and repair.

2018-12-6
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DId you take off from a different spot to where it warmed up, or you didnt give it time to warm up, i mean, the period before the ok to fly shows, reason i ask is because the  imu alt is in negative, like you took off and fly down a hole.
2018-12-6
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
United Arab Emirates

Personally - stop adding possible ways out for DJI and send it in .. get it diagnosed ... fixed and back flying.

Nigel
2018-12-7
Use props
Anokadrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

Thank the Almighty for the warranty.  I hope they send you a brand spanking new unit.  Good to look into some insurance when that warranty runs out.  
Good luck and I hope they take good care of you!
2018-12-7
Use props
Anthony8858
lvl.4
United States

Anyone know how long the process could take with DJI?
I shipped 12/6/18. Should take 5 days to get there...

Just wondering what others have experienced.
2018-12-8
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Probably early next year.
2018-12-8
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Czechia

And you are likely get a refurb unit as replacement ... which in my mind is the best deal !

Nigel
2018-12-9
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Surely  brand new one would be the best deal
2018-12-9
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Czechia

Bashy Posted at 12-9 19:17
Surely  brand new one would be the best deal

As we well know - DJI has a tendency to replace with refurb and give warranty on that ... it clears their shelves.

It all depends on age of the unit when event occurs. I agree that in early stage of warranty then New is best deal - but depending on the Country - the warranty conditions change as time goes on. With much of the warranty period stating Repair. Personally a Refurb is a good compromise when Repair is the option period.

Nigel
2018-12-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

My understanding is the reburbs given out for crashed drones are sometimes not so pretty.  They're not like the ones you can get at the DJI store.  But operationally, they should be good.  
2018-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules